Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World

Go down 
+5
JPMalcolmDilo
Physalisfresser
Crimsonraptor
Oshronosaurus
Dead2009
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Empty
PostSubject: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 7:19 am

How do you feel about these? Do you feel they're spot on? Like the humor? I'm still waiting for the JPIII one so they can complete the franchise.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:31 pm

i just don't like Honest Trailers in general--in my opinion, an actually "honest" trailer would be one that casts the film in the tone it actually has rather than how it was advertised, so Zootopia for example gets a treatment saying that, yes, this is a film noir throwback rather than a buddy cop comedy, not nitpicking every tiny little detail in a desperate, usually failed attempt to get a laugh

of course, that wouldn't give them many options for videos to make...

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Crimsonraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Crimsonraptor

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i just don't like Honest Trailers in general--in my opinion, an actually "honest" trailer would be one that casts the film in the tone it actually has rather than how it was advertised, so Zootopia for example gets a treatment saying that, yes, this is a film noir throwback rather than a buddy cop comedy, not nitpicking every tiny little detail in a desperate, usually failed attempt to get a laugh

of course, that wouldn't give them many options for videos to make...

This right here.

It's the same thing with channels like CinemaSins. Being thorough and technical takes a back seat to simple entertainment, especially as the audience for these channels gets bigger. As such they don't often do films justice. Unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:32 pm

I don't enjoy Honest trailers very much, but i find them still funny at times. I love the Cinemasins channel tho. Both channels are entirely for entertaiment purposes, so they are noreal reviews.
Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:55 pm

I think they got TLW wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Eh, I enjoy honest trailers.

Typically they're pretty easy on films that the people behind them actually enjoyed. JP and JW in particular got quite a bit of love. They were a little harder on TLW, but it wasn't too bad.

What really bugged me was the hatchet job that Cinema Sins did on JW. I stopped watching anything off of their channel after that.

Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Yeah, it bugged me too. They're videos are a liitle boring, so I hardly watch them anymore, too.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Eh they get a bit too nitpick sometimes over any little detail.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:39 am

Most of the times they are funny. Depends on the film.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:22 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Eh, I enjoy honest trailers.

Typically they're pretty easy on films that the people behind them actually enjoyed. JP and JW in particular got quite a bit of love. They were a little harder on TLW, but it wasn't too bad.

What really bugged me was the hatchet job that Cinema Sins did on JW. I stopped watching anything off of their channel after that.

Jurassic World wasn't hat good, it pains me to say that but none of the sequals is actually a good movie. The first one really stands out for me.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:04 am

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 10:20 pm

They were a lot kinder to the first JW Laughing

Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm

"Thrill as these old... favorites?"

I chuckled at that.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World   Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honest Trailers - Jurassic Park/World
Page 1 of 1