Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

News thread. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
To be fair, I should point out that the United States isn't the main cause of pollution. China is. Not only that, but the EPA has been making overwhelming regulations that has been killing jobs. The last thing that is needed international treaties making things worse.

While I agree that mankind has been a factor in climate change, I don't think it's as big like many people say it is. Not only that, but I don't think that America should bear the burden of leading the world in trying to curb global warming unless China is willing to pay up just as much. If they want to be a global superpower, then they should pay just as much.

Besides, I just think we should be more focused on protecting endangered species and trying to bring back their populations back to normal. It's a far more worthy goal and something that can't be debated nearly as much.

China's not only willing to pay up, they have been doing for years, to such an extent that countries like the US should quite honestly be ashamed of themselves for being left in the dust like they have. And it's not only China either, but India right next door is also pulling every stop they can dig up to put the country on the same sort of path, with a great deal of success at that. These are developing nations too, by the way.

I don't mean to tell you people what the best course of action for securing your country's ever uncertain future is, but when your leader decides slinking out of a deal his country expressly agreed to not even a year ago, with all the caveats and responsibilities that entails, while China of all countries is fast taking every opportunity to show the world how much they actually give a damn, then you can imagine how that would look to the other 190ish nations that signed the accord.

Oh, and while it's definitely true about China being the world's leading fossil fuel gas sink, the US alone still contributes to around 17.89 percent of that, which if you know your maths is obviously not a figure to be sniffing at. And while China and their ilk are working around the clock to rectify their own problems in every way they can, Trump and the White House are still scratching their heads trying to figure out what the treaty even has to do with Paris whilst insisting to everyone that they've struck a killing blow against the tyrannical globalist influences undermining their sovereignty and carpet-bombing their job markets.

I admire your optimism, but playing the blame game and pretending things aren't really that bad isn't going to mean much to anyone when the Maldives are under the ocean and the Great Barrier Reef is gone. And while bringing endangered species back from the brink is undoubtedly of vital importance, it won't matter much if there's hardly a world for them to live in anymore.

Call me an alarmist if you really want to, but it's better than sticking one's head in the sand and pretending nothing's wrong.

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 3:38 pm

No, the US is only the SECOND main cause of pollution, and even then China has more green energy initiatives than we do. They may not pay monetarily, but they're certainly putting more effort into green energy than we are. While Trump tries to bring back an energy source as archaic as the horse drawn carriage, China is slowly weaning itself off both coal and oil because they don't want their people dieing from the very air they breathe. I mean have you SEEN Beijing? If Trump gets his way, every city in America would look like that.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:41 pm

I guess just to add something to the discussion that I saw on Reddit that I did not know. 

Quote :
But he will stick to the withdrawal process laid out in the Paris agreement, which President Barack Obama joined and most of the world has already ratified. That could take nearly four years to complete, meaning a final decision would be up to the American voters in the next presidential election.
Quote :
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/climate/trump-paris-climate-agreement.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65382243&pgtype=Homepage&_r=0

So from what I gather here it's entirely possible that the USA will stay with this agreement, unless of course Trump is re-elected, or whoever gets elected wants to keep it that way.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 11:18 pm

I should point something out about the Paris Climate Accord. The Senate never ratified/signed it. In the U.S. Constitution it say that the U.S. President "shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur" (Article II, section 2). Back in 2015, Barack Obama never sent it to the Senate to be ratified.

Also don't count on China to be honest. Their government outright lied about coal consumption by 14% Then again, what else do you expect from a government that forces it's civilians to pretend that the Tienanmen Square massacre in 1989 never happened?

The former president of Penn State ans 2 other high ranking admins were sentenced to prison time for their role in the Jerry Sanduksy child molestation scandal.

I'm surprised that it tool this long for them to get convicted.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:35 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
To be fair, I should point out that the United States isn't the main cause of pollution. China is. Not only that, but the EPA has been making overwhelming regulations that has been killing jobs. The last thing that is needed international treaties making things worse.

While I agree that mankind has been a factor in climate change, I don't think it's as big like many people say it is. Not only that, but I don't think that America should bear the burden of leading the world in trying to curb global warming unless China is willing to pay up just as much. If they want to be a global superpower, then they should pay just as much.

Besides, I just think we should be more focused on protecting endangered species and trying to bring back their populations back to normal. It's a far more worthy goal and something that can't be debated nearly as much.
come back in fifty years and tell us if you think climate change isn't a big deal

thankfully, apparently other powers as well as states within the US (particularly California) and i think even some corporations are going to be doing their part to try and reduce the effects of climate change despite trump's decision

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Apparent van and knife attack(s) in London has killed at least one person.

Here we go again...

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
An ultra tough antibiotic has been made to kill superbugs.

Until that becomes resistant to that antibiotic then we're really screwed.

When I got C-Diff back in 2012,(that's a superbug btw) they gave me a powerful antibiotic. Didn't fix it so they moved up to another drug. It worked but I asked what would have happened if it hadn't. Turns out as far as they know that drug they gave me is the strongest way to treat it and if it hadn't worked they would have had to take some drastic measures(probably removing my intestines).

It's some pretty scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
Apparent van and knife attack(s) in London has killed at least one person.

Here we go again...

Its worth noting that I still have plans to go to London, to the Prince Charles Cinema to see JP and TLW. And my brother is still living there... I'm really starting to get scared by this.

And Sadiq Khan says this should take "getting used to". Screw that.

News thread. - Page 13 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Ugh. Terrorism again. Not surprised but damn. Correct, no one should be made to 'get used to' terrorism. Find out cause, find out motive. then crackdown.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 8:23 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Ugh. Terrorism again. Not surprised but damn. Correct, no one should be made to 'get used to' terrorism. Find out cause, find out motive. then crackdown.

On this I agree with. Turning to nature, present or prehistoric, when an animal or group of animals is threatened by a force or creature(s) that repeatedly causes distress they don't just stand there and take it they resist. That's basic survival instinct.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Just to put it out there, London mayor Sadiq Khan's quote is regularly taken out of context (sometimes even on purpose). He was saying that staying prepared for acts of terrorism is part-and-parcel of living in a big city, not that terrorist incidents are an integral part of city life in general and that we should just put up and shut up.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Im just saying normally in these things you have

1 .Prayers for these sick injured/social media flags on profile pictures
2. Show the injured
3. Media starts yelling that it doesnt matter who the person was but not to let hate take over before the perp is even identified.
4. Perp is identified as extremist and then that is shouted out that doesnt matter and the story about his motives is buried the next day.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:59 pm

India launched a massive 650 ton rocket that carried a 7,000 pound satellite. This is their largest rocket India has made so far.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 5:12 pm

The Iraqi Kurds have set a day to vote on their independence.

I really hope that they break of an that we support them wholeheartedly. And if Turkey and Sultan Erdogon doesn't like it, then he and Turkey can f*%# off.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Disgraced Comey testified before the Senate committee. Quick rundown.
-Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to mute the scale of the Emailgate investigation (by calling it a matter).
-Comey thinks she was in collaboration w the Clinton's pre-election.
-ZERO EVIDENCE OF ANY RUSSIAN MEDDLING/TRUMP TIES TO RUSSIAN INFLUENCERS.
-Comey told Trump on 3 separate times he was not under investigation.
-The FBI never once opened an investigation into Trump but a counter intelligence measure (a whole nother matter).
-Trump hoped that Comey would let Flynn go via evidence and law and DID NOT order him to end the Flynn investigation.

The Dems goose is cooked. Anyone who tries to scream "Russia" is an idiot confirmed now because it was debunked by the former Director of the FBI
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Yeah, no. Comey clearly and explicitly stated with "no fuzz" that Russia influenced the election, and that close ties to the president are under investigation. Though he refused to discuss the matters in any detail, he did say he would discuss more on the investigations in the private session of the hearing. Remember, just because he doesn't give an answer in the public hearing, doesn't mean he doesn't give an answer. The investigations are considered classified information and Comey does not have clearance to discuss that information as a private citizen in a public setting.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 12:04 pm

I don't know what to think about Russia involvement anymore. That's the team I'm on.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Megyn Kelly has been firedd from hosting a Sandy Hook benefit due to her interview with Alex Jones, who thinks it was wither a hoax/false flag/whatever he thinks.

She's got a lot of flak for this. J.P Morgan pulled off it's ads on NBC because of this. And even crazy Alex himself doesn't want this to be aired. I mean...what the f*^! was she and NBC thinking?!

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 4:06 am

Grenfell Tower, a block of flats in West London, is on fire.

Situation's still developing. At least 50 confirmed casualties with an unknown number of fatalities.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 6:04 am

Theta Rex wrote:
Grenfell Tower, a block of flats in West London, is on fire.

Situation's still developing. At least 50 confirmed casualties with an unknown number of fatalities.

Horrible stuff... looking at it now, its like something out of a bloody nightmare. You see stuff like these in disaster movies but the sight of it in real life is still a thousand times more horrifying.

I know I've already said it but with two planned trips to London and these kinds of disasters mounting with each passing week, this scares me.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Disgruntled leftist attacks 5 GOP lawmakers. He eventually became the only one who died via a shootout with police.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Disgruntled leftist attacks 5 GOP lawmakers. He eventually became the only one who died via a shootout with police.

Ugh. This. I see the internet going aflame with this, and then people going on saying "he didnt speak for all liberals!" when the truth was that if the situation was reversed the headlines wouldved been "the new trumps america"

anyway, RIP to all who died except the SOB that killed them.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Ugh. This. I see the internet going aflame with this, and then people going on saying "he didnt speak for all liberals!" when the truth was that if the situation was reversed the headlines wouldved been "the new trumps america"

anyway, RIP to all who died except the SOB that killed them.

Luckily, no one died but the shooter. Some are in critical condition but it's looking good for all those attacked.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Grey Seals have been making a very big comeback recently.

I love comeback stories like these. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Grey Seals have been making a very big comeback recently.

I love comeback stories like these. Very Happy

I actually didn't know that gray seals were almost rendered extinct, but I'm glad that they're making a solid comeback!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 10:02 pm

A U.S. Navy F/A 18 Hornet shot down a Syrian (of the Assad regime) SU-22 fighter bomber jet over Syria.

I could be wrong but this is the first time an American jet fighter has shot down another enemy aircraft since the 1999 NATO action in what used to be Yugoslavia.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 pm

US student Otto Warmbier, sent home from North Korea after 15 months of captivity, has died.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
US student Otto Warmbier, sent home from North Korea after 15 months of captivity, has died.

I still don't get why he went there or how the American government still allows people to go there. We're talking about a country that's a Stalinist throwback ruled by a spoiled psychopathic brat with atomic weapons.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 pm

I can't wait till the day NK finally pushes too far and Kim realizes how hopelessly outgunned he is in a real war. Until then millions of his people will suffer. I wish some of his generals would overthrow him.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Nestle candy bars might vanish from supermarket shelves...at least for a while, hopefully.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next