Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

News thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 5:47 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Possibly not. The highest google searches from Britain post vote was "What's the EU?" and "What does it mean to the EU?" Seems that a lot of the votes were reactionary protest votes, and people didn't truly understand what they were voting for. Now they do, and they don't like it. 
yeah, the way i see it, as an outsider not heavily invested in the news, alot of Brits seem to be reacting to the whole Brexit thing with "What, that was for realsies?"
Spiegel wrote:
How ridiculous is it to think that people went out and voted for something that they had no idea  what it was or represented. That's  like not knowing anything about the presidential candidates and showing up on voting day to just pick one for no reason.
to be fair, i think alot of Americans probably DO vote that way, just arbitrarily voting for whoever represents the party they identify with. which is how we got to the "lesser of two evils" 2016 race.
CT-1138 wrote:
Short term, yes, but it'll even out eventually. 
of course, another thing to consider is when that "eventually" happens. will it be in one year? two? five? ten? fifty?
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Well now, this is interesting.

Ancient 6,000 year old tombs in Spain also served as primitive telescopes.

Considering how Atlantis was most likely also found in Spain a few years ago, it makes you wonder if Spain is becoming a real life land of legends.
very interesting Very Happy i've become quite fond of the whole "Atlantis was in Spain" thing, myself
Quote :
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
The FBI is no longer actively looking into the case of D.B. Cooper.

That has to mean they either found him or have proof he's dead.

I think they have just given up. If any of those things happened, they would have said so in the article.
most likely. i mean, technically those guys who escaped from Alcatraz are still wanted men, but in all likelihood they either died in the bay trying to escape or have died of natural causes by now.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Lorry attack in Nice, France kills at least 77 people.

Christ, world, give the poor French a break already. Absolutely horrific.

Last edited by Theta Rex on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:12 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:05 pm

I honestly can't believe it...why is this world so fucking terrible sometimes.

Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:51 pm

Ugh... France has been having a particularly difficult time lately. This is terrible Crying or Very sad

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 4:18 pm

The last time I heard the death toll was over 80 people dead.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Almost every world leader is calling that attack last night a terrorist attack as well....except for Obama because he apparently hates saying those words.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 5:10 pm

I just think he doesn't care about the world at this point. His term is almost over and he couldn't care less if half of the Earth is beginning to burn down.

BREAKING NEWS: Speaking of half of the Earth burning down, Turkey is undergoing a military coup as I'm typing this.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 6:01 pm

To be quite frank with you, I'd love nothing more than to see the likes of Erdogan and his cabinet of petty thugs thrown out of office and tossed in jail or whatever these things usually lead to.

I just hope to god this doesn't end up leaving a huge body count.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 6:36 pm

This is why I say the world sucks. I gave up trying to have hope this will get better. I think a rock should hit this Planet and restart everything.

Anyway, and we have Olympics too. I'm really afraid something will happen.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

News thread. - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Ugh, right... there's also that Rio shitshow.

It's shocking how few people give a rat's arse about the criminally unsanitary conditions in and around the olympic venues, not to mention the literal pants-on-head stupidity required to consider holding an event of that magnitude in a shithole like Rio as opposed to, you know, the countless other cities in Brazil where you're a thousand times less likely to be shanked or kidnapped.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
Ugh, right... there's also that Rio shitshow.

It's shocking how few people give a rat's arse about the criminally unsanitary conditions in and around the olympic venues, not to mention the literal pants-on-head stupidity required to consider holding an event of that magnitude in a shithole like Rio as opposed to, you know, the countless other cities in Brazil where you're a thousand times less likely to be shanked or kidnapped.

True.

You know, I live in Brazil but thankfully not in Rio. But I live in a city that is 207km away from Brazil's capital, Brasilia. I'll remain in my house in the whole event. I just fear for the worst, the security isn't ready for an event like this, not to mention how they'll cover the criminality, drug factions and stuff. The unsanitary conditions of the lakes are just a "small" tip of the iceberg. Terrorism is also a big thing, and that's why I'm really afraid of even getting out of my house, because I don't doubt something will happen. I just hope for the best, because if they want to cause chaos on the Olympics, they'll surelly do.

I mean, in all the places they could choose to have an Olympics...Most brazilians are unhappy with it, all respect towards the atlethes, but we have so many important priorities (that I already said on JPL/JPP), and they spend the money trying to bring an event like this that will bring nothing good to our country and will expose so many things to the world...

I won't even mention some stupid shit that happened with the torch while it was travelling in the cities.

Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Almost every world leader is calling that attack last night a terrorist attack as well....except for Obama because he apparently hates saying those words.
This is factually wrong. He was actually the first to call it terrorism.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

But will he call it "Radical Islamic Terrorism" like the rest of the world fighting that fight wants him to? Nope.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:19 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Mysterious Hero M wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

But will he call it "Radical Islamic Terrorism" like the rest of the world fighting that fight wants him to? Nope.

I'm sorry, but the attack yesterday was confirmed to be islamic based?

Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 pm

It hasn't been. The French intelligence agency doesn't believe it to be Radical Islam-tied.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:22 pm

Thanks. So it was just a fucktard that shouldn't even be born.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Religiously motivated or not, anybody involved in planning and executing such a display is a fucktard that should never have been born.

Either way, that waste of life is just one of god knows how many. This year, and last year as well, have been just so terrible for France and Europe, and we've been shown time and time again that this sort of thing can easily happen even with months upon months of preparation. By the time 2017 hits, we may have seen far worse.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:23 pm

The military coup in Turkey has failed. The main reason was because senior officers did not take part in the attack and only some in the Air Force, MP's and some armored units made it up.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Isil claims responsibility for Bastille day attack that killed 84 people, as French minister says Bouhlel was 'radicalised very quickly'

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:34 pm

"Driver told police he was delivering ice creams"

Oh damn. Please security, don't fall on this anymore.

Fucking bastard.

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 7:24 pm

I find it hilarious that people think saying "radical islamic terrorism" will do anything. Will the terrorist magically drop dead or something?

Either way, these events are terrible, and my heart goes out to the victims. Out enjoying a fun evening, only to have a maniac in a truck run you over.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 10:22 pm

Nope, they won't drop dead, but it'll make our glorious president acknowledge that it exists and is much more than just simple "gun control issues" or whatever else excuse he can come up with.

Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 4:03 am

Except that for all the incidents in America that would solve the issue? France's terrorism issues are way more complicated.

Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 4:04 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Isil claims responsibility for Bastille day attack that killed 84 people, as French minister says Bouhlel was 'radicalised very quickly'
Also not sure if this part was true but if it is then that claim of responsibility is false. But apparently from what I read it also took responsibility for the Orlando attacks and a Eiffel tower fire that never happened so if that's true then it's validity is something to be questioned.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 5:18 am

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Also not sure if this part was true but if it is then that claim of responsibility is false. But apparently from what I read it also took responsibility for the Orlando attacks and a Eiffel tower fire that never happened so if that's true then it's validity is something to be questioned.

I'd say they'll take credit for anything to be feared.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 12:45 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mysterious Hero M wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

i'd believe that. they are literally trying to start Armageddon, after all (i wish i was exaggerating on that)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 am

That or they're just trying to dilly up more support in the face of all their losses on the homefront.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 11:23 am

that, too, probably

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Nope, they won't drop dead, but it'll make our glorious president acknowledge that it exists and is much more than just simple "gun control issues" or whatever else excuse he can come up with.
So bombing the shit outta ISIS militants doesn't do enough to acknowledge that it exists? K den.

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Agreed. ISIS wants the street cred that it took Al-Qaeda and the Taliban decades to build in only a matter of a few years. So, they'll take responsibility for every act of terrorism that pops up.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 2:38 pm

I HATE politics in the USA. I'm starting feel more and more like this two party system is designed to keep us fighting each other, rather than fighting for what's best for our country. It's really sad. You go on Facebook and it's literally a "us vs them" mentality. I understand people have political differences of course. But This isn't right.... We all want what's best for the country so we need to stop fighting each other and set our sights on compromise and changing Washington.

In my humble opinion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next