Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The TSJPFEW Wiki Project

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Empty
PostSubject: The TSJPFEW Wiki Project   The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:23 pm

As you know, the wiki is moving along well, but I still need your help. I'm bringing back the user rewards system, only this time, you'll get points for helping with the wiki. Here are the values for purposeful edits.

Minor text edit - 1 URP
Add photo to page/gallery - 2 URP
Create new page - 3 URP
Edit character infobox - 2 URP
Add character appearances (which chapters they appeared in, including mentions) - 2 URP
Add category to page - 1 URP
Interlinks - 1 URP

(These points are for each edit, so if you made two text edits, for example, you would get two points.)

If you do any of the following, write it down and post each edit in this thread. I'll keep track of tallied points.

SPECIAL MISSIONS

If you want to earn many points at once, there is a way to acquire them in bulk. This involves completing a page. If you wish to complete a page, you may choose a level of difficulty. These are . . .

Fast - 50 points
Easy - 100 points
Medium - 200 points
Hard - 500 points
Laborious - 1000 points
Near Impossible - 5000 points

This means you will have to write a summary of how the subject of the page played a role in the story. For example, if you were writing about Claire, you would have to summarize what she did in every story/short. When you have done this, you will receive points, and I will place a Character Sheet on the page. Character Sheets are drawings (that I have yet to complete) that show the basic design of the character in question. This doesn't mean the page is done being edited, per se, but it's pretty close.

Another alternative is creating a page about a story/chapter. The wiki has none at the time of writing, so it will be a welcomed addition. You will be expected to record the events of the story in question, as well as details such as when it takes place, what kind of story it is, and other helpful information. These will be worth 3000 points.

If you have any questions at all, whether they're about points or the story itself, just ask here. You can also request to do a special mission for your favorite characters, but be warned, a lot of them will take FOREVER. Still, this is where you call dibs.

And now, the prizes. I know not everyone has a PO box available, so prizes will be decided from person to person. They will range from digital drawings to 3D prints to pretty much anything imaginable. Price range varies greatly, so if you have a prize in mind, ask me, and I'll set a custom amount of points based on the level of complexity involved. Here are some estimates.

Custom Drawing 1000-5000
3D Print (of currently available models only) 6000-9000
Printed Drawing 3000-6000
Letter from a Character 1000

This post will change as time goes on, but for now, let's get cracking!

Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: The TSJPFEW Wiki Project   The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of participation in this project. I suggest going on an Edit Quest, which basically involves clicking "Random Page" and making edits on whatever you're stuck with. From there, you can find related articles or click "Random Page" again.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The TSJPFEW Wiki Project   The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:15 pm

I'd take part in this but I havent a clue on how to properly edit a Wikipedia page of any kind, lol.

Back to top Go down
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: The TSJPFEW Wiki Project   The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:19 pm

It's pretty instinctual. I had no idea at first either, but it's easy to figure out.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: The TSJPFEW Wiki Project   The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to re-read TSJPFEW this summer like I'd hoped. I've just been working too much to really dig into it. Sometime soon I'm hoping I can get in and read through and add to the wiki as I go, though. It's just been a busy summer and other things have had to take my time.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: The TSJPFEW Wiki Project   The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 7:03 pm

You've been exceptional, nonetheless.

PostSubject: Re: The TSJPFEW Wiki Project   The TSJPFEW Wiki Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TSJPFEW Wiki Project
Page 1 of 1