Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Scrapped Content List?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Randomosaur
Embryo
Embryo

Scrapped Content List? Empty
PostSubject: Scrapped Content List?   Scrapped Content List? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 11:53 pm

Hey, Randomosaur here. My first real post on these forums after JPL went under (while I was away from internet access, no less, so it was more of a shock to me than most people as I didn't find out until the end of August). On JPL I proposed making a thread for listing all the scrapped content for JPOG, in the hopes that someone will be able to add them in one day (I have an idea, though I'm not sure if it's viable). I am especially interested in scrapped buildings, so I'll list the ones I know of below:

- Hunting Platform: A platform where visitors can hunt dinosaurs from for a price. Has been added in the form of a viewing platform that acts as a turret, but you can't make money from it so there's basically no point. I'd love it if someone tried to make a version that visitors can use, though, as it is quite a cool concept.

- DinoVet Station: Another version of the Ranger Station, but focused entirely on dinosaur health. Redundant, but the skin in the trailer of it did look pretty cool. Possibly one of the easier ones to restore, but not the most desirable.

- JP Institute: A building where visitors would learn about how the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park are created. Quite cool and desirable, but likely impossible to add back.

- Tombstone: A statue that acts as a memorial to visitors killed by dinosaurs. Not particularly desirable, but has been added back in several mods.

- Walls: Walls without gaps to see through. Have been added back, but not very cool and seems to be mutually exclusive with fences.

What other content could we add to this list?
Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Content List?   Scrapped Content List? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks for sharing this man! Also there are almost 15 dinosaurs species and many cool plants. Some of the plants were in the renders like Acacias and Pines. And some dinosaurs had different skins! In the Prima Guide appear the old skins. I will contribute!
Dinosaurs.
Alioramus
Apatosaurus
Baryonyx
Deinonychus
Diplodocus
Iguanodon
Maiasaura
Ornithomimus
Panoplosaurus
Tenontosaurus
Thescelosaurus
Wuerhosaurus
Yangchuanosaurus

And the Compy was mentioned in the interviews and rumors of Chasmosaurus model in the old JP Insitute

Embryo
Embryo
Zilla8844

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Content List?   Scrapped Content List? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this, is interesting to see the ideas that did not reach the final game.
Baby dinosaurs were being planned and almost experimented through at some point of development, but they needed new IA and models. Pterosaurs and Marine creatures were also removed.
Back to top Go down
JPBrasil
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Content List?   Scrapped Content List? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 11:14 am

I am producing along with my team the Jurassic Park: The Origins Pack and we have the construction dino vet and Safari Lodge.
Back to top Go down
Randomosaur
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Content List?   Scrapped Content List? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Sorry to bump my own thread, but the new Building Expansion Pack and the new dinosaur models by Jagged Fang Designs have given me hope that the scrapped buildings could be reintroduced. I'd love a Hunting Platform and JP Institute to be added to the game at last.
Back to top Go down
Randomosaur
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Content List?   Scrapped Content List? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm

I've now found a file for a "Stadium" in the JPOG files. Has anyone got an idea what this was meant to be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Content List?   Scrapped Content List? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrapped Content List?
Page 1 of 1