Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Speculate what the plot could be about

Go down 
+18
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
Island Queen
sdp
Sickle_Claw
Six-Foot Turkey
dance2nite
AJFU
Troyal1
Spinosaur4.4
The Geeky Zoologist
V.a.nublarensis
Aegyptiacus3
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
BoulderFaceplant
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Going by Colin's recent comments about their being a big action sequence in the middle of the film & then the second half of the film will be more suspenseful, I think the film will play into two half's :

First half will mostly be focused on organising the rescue mission on Nublar, introducing new & old characters & the rescue mission itself of the Dinos where the main action of the film will take place before a shift of events in Lockwood's favour once the Dinos are captured.

The second half will mostly take place at the Lockwood manor when most of the film's characters will come together to confront & side with Lockwood. I speculate the rumored big event set to take place is a Dinosaur Auction for the wealthy in which something will go horribly wrong & then they escape into the neighbouring forests surrounding the property. Now the new Epoch will begin & the start of a Jurassic World once again.

The End... Razz

Yeah the dino auction is definitely happening I think. The volcano explosion will take place in middle, and the characters will believe its over...but then something will happen and the explosion will be revealed to be sabotage and someone will betray the team by leading pirates to take over one of the boats. (a imdb listing labeled mercenaries) Yeah. I do think that Lockwood will die in the end too if he is truly behind this and wouldn't be surprised if Wu escapes again.

I feel like Daniella Pineda is gonna be the traitor among them.
That will be awesome.

Wu escaping again? My dream, my dream guys.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 7:10 pm

If Wu escapes again I will be like... lol!

How can a man be so lucky, first JP, then JW, then possibly these events, surely if he doesn't bite the dust in this he will in the final film...
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:11 pm

dance2nite wrote:
If Wu escapes again I will be like... lol!

How can a man be so lucky, first JP, then JW, then possibly these events, surely if he doesn't bite the dust in this he will in the final film...
You guys are lucky I'm not the director, he would surelly as hell escape laughing at everyone.  Laughing

If Malcolm can escape 3 times, why not the creator of the dinosaurs?

Cause he's too damn awesome to die in this one. I wish he could live until JW3 so he died in the last chapter. But anyway, I already accepted my defeat.

Too bad some haters will have the last laugh, specially one that posted in JPL but I'm glad he's away from here.  Cool

Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 10:30 pm

The volcano idea is cool but it'll be sad to see Isla Nublar go...

But i guess that's what Site B is for.

http://miscrave.com
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm actually excited to see how this will play out.

Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 6:54 pm

sdp wrote:

I could care less about Site B, nothing against it, it's just not my preference. It's Nublar I'm concerned about, so concerned that I'm thinking of a fan fiction idea on how to save it, though it's a bit "out there" to say the least. I'm not even sure if I want to see it, to tell you the honest truth, but it's a good idea to see it at least once to see how to change it in a fan fic. If it's too disturbing, I simply won't see it again, as simple as that (why torture yourself like that). This is like The Battle of the Five Armies all over again, and I don't like it one bit. Crying or Very sad

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Island Queen wrote:
sdp wrote:

I could care less about Site B, nothing against it, it's just not my preference. It's Nublar I'm concerned about, so concerned that I'm thinking of a fan fiction idea on how to save it, though it's a bit "out there" to say the least. I'm not even sure if I want to see it, to tell you the honest truth, but it's a good idea to see it at least once to see how to change it in a fan fic. If it's too disturbing, I simply won't see it again, as simple as that (why torture yourself like that). This is like The Battle of the Five Armies all over again, and I don't like it one bit. Crying or Very sad
Can't blame you if you don't watch JWFK because of that. I know some stuff are really hard to get to.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 4:09 am

Island Queen wrote:
sdp wrote:

When it comes to people's nostalgia for Jurassic Park, both the first film and the franchise at large, it really cannot be underestimated. Based on a few Facebook conversations I've observed from with casual fans of the series, many expressed trepidation at the idea of Rexy being killed/dying of old age and the idea of Isla Nublar being destroyed. As much as we talk about wanting the franchise to get darker and more heavy

(In another bizarre instance, on a YouTube March Movie Madness tournament for best film villains, Rexy was placed in the same company as the Joker, Loki, Emperor Palpatine and Sauron, where familiarity and nostalgia gave her the advantage against the likes of President Snow and the Wicked Witch of the West, advancing to Round 4 of 7 rounds before losing to Heath Ledger's Joker in a 75% to 25% vote. As much as the JP Raptors and Indominus Rex are better described as "villainous", Rexy is a complete magnet for audience support despite not a true villain by any real measure. If anything her success was an outlier because she was presented in a more heroic light in JW. Still, I hope you see the point I'm reaching for.)

One thing I am confused about, when you say The Battle of the Five Armies all over again, what's the underlying meaning of that comparison? Is it the idea that such a film would be too much of an emotional gut-punch or so underwhelming in its scale and excess that it falls short of what it could have been? (Based on opinions from across the board from Middle-earth fans.)

Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 6:27 pm

I meant the emotional impact, since even thinking about what might happen to Isla Nublar makes me tear up. The same thing happened with Thorin in The Battle of the Five Armies. Because of this, I only saw BoFA six times in theaters as opposed to the 10 and 11 times I saw An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug. I just don't like anything bad happening to any of my preferences. Even in the book, I had to think about something else so that it wouldn't bother me (I'm talking about Jurassic Park here, not The Hobbit). I won't really know how this affects me until I see the movie, but I have a feeling the same thing will happen here, so I don't think I'll be seeing JW: FK as much as Jurassic World (which was the same amount of times I saw AUJ).

The only good thing about this is that there's always fan fiction. If you don't like the direction the movies are going, you can always change it in a story, since unlike the movies, you control what happens, not anybody else.

Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:37 pm

I too would rather lose Sorna than Nublar haha. Losing Nublar will be worse than losing Rexy.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I too would rather lose Sorna than Nublar haha. Losing Nublar will be worse than losing Rexy.

I said it before, Ive seen some people have bad reactions online to the thought of losing rex. Maybe thats why the volcano 'leaked' early this time. Because the people that knew ...they know that people have a bad reaction to seeing Nublar burn. Because that means seeing the old and new parks burn...

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:54 pm

JP's future has always been off Nublar. Has been the moment Crichton firebombed the island in the novel.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 12:26 am

CT-1138 wrote:
JP's future has always been off Nublar. Has been the moment Crichton firebombed the island in the novel.

Yeah but it's sentimental man pale
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 8:07 pm

So it seems to me that the film is shaping up like this...

- First scene of the film: Helicopter scene involving a team retrieving the Indominus DNA from the Mosasaur tank.

- Lockwood, an old friend/partner of Hammond, recruits Claire/Owen to head up a rescue mission that would see the Dinosaurs on Isla Nublar transferred to Isla Sorna before the volcano goes off.

- When all of the dinosaurs are secured, and the boat is off, Lockwood's true intentions are revealed, Owen and Claire are betrayed and tossed off the boat.

- Someone rescues Owen and Claire?

- Dinosaurs are transferred to Lockwood Manor, where Wu's latest creation, the Indoraptor is introduced.

- Indoraptor breaks loose, havoc ensues until the Indoraptor is killed.

Something like that I guess?

Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 8:12 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

- First scene of the film: Helicopter scene involving a team retrieving the Indominus DNA from the Mosasaur tank.

- Lockwood, an old friend/partner of Hammond, recruits Claire/Owen to head up a rescue mission that would see the Dinosaurs on Isla Nublar transferred to Isla Sorna before the volcano goes off.

- When all of the dinosaurs are secured, and the boat is off, Lockwood's true intentions are revealed, Owen and Claire are betrayed and tossed off the boat.

- Dinosaurs are transferred to Lockwood Manor, where Wu's latest creation, the Indoraptor is introduced.

I think you have the correct order. I also think Daniellas character will probably die at the mansion along with Lockwood.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I feel like the part where Owen and Claire wash-up at the beach will be as they get there rather than the end.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I think you have the correct order. I also think Daniellas character will probably die at the mansion along with Lockwood.

Very possible.

The only things I'm not sure of are how Owen and Claire get off of Nublar, since it looks like they're getting tossed off the boat, and how many of the dinosaurs from Nublar (if any) are being transferred to Lockwood Manor.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Extremely solid. That's where my money is at
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm extremely interested in how Indoraptor will break free.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Maybe it's set free... DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Maybe Daniella Pineda's character has a change of heart?

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Okay, if someone else except Wu releases the thing, I'll get mad.  Laughing

But I think it''ll break free alone. Who know. XD

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Okay, if someone else except Wu releases the thing, I'll get mad.  Laughing

But I think it''ll break free alone. Who know. XD

I personally think that betrays in these types of movies are always 'punished' with death. Even with a change of heart.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 pm

So you're right about the Indoraptor at the end, but a key component is missing from the discussion: what will happen with the captured dinosaurs at the mansion?

Surely they don't just stay locked in cages.

And then what happens with them by the end of the film? Sorna?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
So you're right about the Indoraptor at the end, but a key component is missing from the discussion: what will happen with the captured dinosaurs at the mansion?

Surely they don't just stay locked in cages.

And then what happens with them by the end of the film? Sorna?

I was gonna wait to say this, but there was a listing on IMDB for 'auction guest'. Yeah. lol!

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:42 pm

So... what do you think that means?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:53 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
So... what do you think that means?

The dinosaurs from Nublar are being auctioned off to bidders.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 12:19 am

When was the 'auction guest' listed on IMDB?

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
When was the 'auction guest' listed on IMDB?

It was listed a few weeks ago for a few days then deleted so who knows if its true or not? but sounds like something that could happen at the Lockwood Manor with the Dinosaurs he brings there.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I think this might be very close to the final plot. Few things however still make me wonder:
1. There was a mention about tunnels in Nublar - how they fit into the picture?
2. This little girl (codename Lucy) on the only official still in Lockwood manor - what is her role?
3. I have no clue what Toby Jones and Rafe Spall characters are doing in the film.
4. How does Blue (and maybe Echo) fit here?
5. For some reason I think "Fallen Kingdom" will use Spielbergs original idea for "Jurassic Park" sequel. He wanted story to focus upon gathering the embryo can Nedry took. This is actually in line with plot of "Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Begins" game and comic mini-series "Raptor" (where Velociraptors that were born in Nublar wilderness are stolen by mercenaries on BioSyn command). From the amount of people casted as mercenaries on IMDB I think, that "gathering the assets" will play big role here here. I would even say, that more than one company will want to get the dinos. Dinosaur poaching is also mentioned on Masrani Global as threat InGen and UN had to deal with on Sorna, Nublar, other islands and mainland.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 am

I did some reading of Jurassic Park: Raptor comic series. There is a plot, that shows Raptors from Isla Nublar, that were born in wilderness (after the incident in 1993) kidnapped. Kidnappers benefactors were colombian drug lord and then later on - Biosyn. I know this book series is no longer canon (Muldoon is alive there), however some subplots really make me think, that Colin Trevorrow researched all possible story alternatives while working on Jurassic World and it's sequels:
- raptors are siblings with alphabetically ordered names: Alf, Betty, Celia - later utilized as Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo in JW with Owen being "Alpha"
- raptor-training conducted by Alan Grant - later utilized by Owen in JW
- raptor-use as "weapon" (drug lords guard dogs) - later utilized by Hoskins in JW
- rival company wanting to capture Hammonds property - suspected to be present in JW:FK
- despite being siblings raptors do breed and have their own infants - some people to think, that Echo might be still alive. That could give possibility of "mating season" and some raptors newborns. I am addressing this, because in the first novel there was a scene with young raptor encountered by Alan and later thrown for lab-raptors to interact. it ended badly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculate what the plot could be about
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next