Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Empty
PostSubject: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 7:26 pm

I have 2 ideas. Throw in a weaponized prehistoric bacteria angle and a Planet of the Apes angle in the final JP/JW movie. Here's my thinking.

As you may know by know, my user name here and in JPL is based of the dinosaur monster in 'The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms.' In one scene, it gets wounded by a bazooka rocket to the neck and bleeds. However, many people from the Army drop like flies and it's discovered that the animal has a deadly strain of ancient bacteria.

Given all the talk about antibiotic resistant germs and how biological warfare hasn't been as talked about as much as nuclear warfare, why not add in a biological weapon angle? They weren't just making dinosaurs for the military, they were also trying to bring back ancient bacteria and weaponize it too?

Also, why not go big and have a something like a Planet of The Apes angle too? One of the head scientists, let's make it a female, secretly wants to wipe out humanity with the bacteria and install dinosaurs. So she wipes out population after population in one 3rd World country at a time and dinosaurs start to pop up.

I feel like we need something big yet not something to abandon the roots of the franchise. Maybe these ideas are what we need.
Back to top Go down

Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:10 pm

I think there certainly is potential; I like the idea that the dinosaurs have a bacterial disease or virus that gets triggered and starts affecting mammals and killing humans and animals off. I don't really believe that the mad scientist who wants to wipe out all humanity is a character people really want to see in the series. However, the diseases spread from the dinosaurs to inhabited zones could have a knock-on impact on human populations and the world starts to get that bit much more dystopian as dinosaurs start to spread across the world.

Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 6:28 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think there certainly is potential; I like the idea that the dinosaurs have a bacterial disease or virus that gets triggered and starts affecting mammals and killing humans and animals off. I don't really believe that the mad scientist who wants to wipe out all humanity is a character people really want to see in the series. However, the diseases spread from the dinosaurs to inhabited zones could have a knock-on impact on human populations and the world starts to get that bit much more dystopian as dinosaurs start to spread across the world.

We could have birds, the direct descendants of the dinosaurs and many reptiles be immune to the bacteria. After all, the crocodile family has been around longer then the dinosaurs and komodo dragons/monitor lizards are descended from mosasaurs. The age of mammals eventually ends and the dinosaurs retake the role as the top life form. Mammals still exist, but they only exist in abundance where dinosaurs haven't adapted to yet.
Back to top Go down
AJFU
Embryo
Embryo
AJFU

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 3:48 pm

I would be interested in a story where the dinosaurs are immune to a new disease that they start carrying, which is deadly to humans. Maybe there's a newly created dinosaur that was revived along with the disease, which is then spread to the other dinosaurs. The filmmakers could call it "DX" as a reference to the Lost World novel. The disease would be spread by mosquitoes that bite the dinosaurs and then the humans.

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 4:05 pm

AJFU wrote:
I would be interested in a story where the dinosaurs are immune to a new disease that they start carrying, which is deadly to humans. Maybe there's a newly created dinosaur that was revived along with the disease, which is then spread to the other dinosaurs. The filmmakers could call it "DX" as a reference to the Lost World novel. The disease would be spread by mosquitoes that bite the dinosaurs and then the humans.

But wouldn't the mosquitoes become the real threat then lol, just like with most other major tropic diseases?
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 4:13 pm

The DX subplot from the second novel is the closest thing we'd probably ever get to it, but I feel like that ship has sailed in terms of utilization. They should have introduced it in the last movie if they wanted it. This trilogy is going to follow an overarching theme of animal weaponization, which doesn't leave much room for a PotA style disease subplot.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 4:37 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
The DX subplot from the second novel is the closest thing we'd probably ever get to it, but I feel like that ship has sailed in terms of utilization. They should have introduced it in the last movie if they wanted it. This trilogy is going to follow an overarching theme of animal weaponization, which doesn't leave much room for a PotA style disease subplot.

While I believe you might be right on that count, I think there is a chance it will surface in the second film, though not a substantial one. Maybe now that most of the John Sayles-esque stuff is dealt with, they could bring in new elements that come out as side effects of trying to apply the dinosaurs to other fields beyond entertainment.

Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 1:14 am

It could be an interesting idea, but the whole "deadly disease/bacteria" angle might divert too much from the adventure and the dinosaurs. It might become too much of a sci-fi horror film, which these films haven't really been.

PostSubject: Re: Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?   Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weaponized prehistoric bacteria/Planet of the Apes angles in a JP/JW movie?
Page 1 of 1