Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall Empty
PostSubject: Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall   Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 6:39 pm

The Field Museum, Chicago is changing Sue the T. rex out for a Titanosaur skeleton

If like me you've never been to the renowned Field Museum and seen arguably the most famous dinosaur specimen ever mounted in a museum hall, time appears to be running out.

In Sue's place, the newly described skeleton of the Argentinian titanosaur, Patagotitan mayorum - the largest sauropod to be described yet, will take residence in the Stanley Field Hall in 2018.

In addition to moving Sue to a new section of the museum, where she will be unveiled in 2019, her stance and additional anatomical features will be updated to reflect what paleontologists now know about T. rex.

Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall   Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 7:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
The Field Museum, Chicago is changing Sue the T. rex out for a Titanosaur skeleton

If like me you've never been to the renowned Field Museum and seen arguably the most famous dinosaur specimen ever mounted in a museum hall, time appears to be running out.

In Sue's place, the newly described skeleton of the Argentinian titanosaur, Patagotitan mayorum - the largest sauropod to be described yet, will take residence in the Stanley Field Hall in 2018.

In addition to moving Sue to a new section of the museum, where she will be unveiled in 2019, her stance and additional anatomical features will be updated to reflect what paleontologists now know about T. rex.

I'm not against Sue's pose being changed, but I am against her being moved someplace else. Sorry, but Sue should still be the masterpiece. Esh. How many times must Sue have life-after-death changing moments?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall   Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Personally, I think it's about time we got another sauropod in Stanley Field Hall! It felt so... empty since they replaced the Brachiosaurus with Sue. Not a knock against Sue, but she made the place feel less full due to her smaller size. The Brachiosaurus was ginormous, and a great main hall filler. Apparently the curator feels the same way, at least according to what she said on the news, which influenced the museum's decision to make the switch. I'm curious if they'll be putting the fountain that used to be in Stanley Field Hall back. I have a lot of fond memories of throwing pennies into the fountain when I was a kid.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall   Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm

I present to you MAXIMO the Patagotitant! Very Happy

Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall BWYiHe5

Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall ECkuabg

And a few supersized friends:
Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall ENJbJSW

Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall JyCDICu

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall   Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titanosaur skeleton taking Sue's place in the Field Museum main hall
Page 1 of 1