Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 4:07 am

Since Gareth is officially directing the new Jurassic movie I thought it couldn’t hurt to have a thread on him. Whether you love or hate him this is the place to discuss him.

Personally I think Gareth did a fantastic job with G14. The only thing wrong with that movie in my opinion was the story wasn’t as good as it could have been. Otherwise I was blown away by the scale of Godzilla and hiding him so much actually worked for me. I was really excited to see him do Godzilla 2 and we all know what happened Sad

Rogue one was another 10/10 visual feast for me but I found the characters boring. Same as G14 in a way. And then he stepped away from big films until the creator. I have heard that movie has outstanding effects and scale too but it looks like it was a box office fail.

Personally I don’t put that against Gareth as I think it just didn’t look like a movie that is easy to market when so much else is out there. I haven’t yet seen it myself

Personally i think we have easily the second best JP director under our belt ever(yes even over Bayona for me). I love the way Gareth uses scale and teases the audience.

I remember a behind the scenes of him saying older movies worked better because you couldn’t show the monster all the time and I agree so much. We see too many Dino’s in well lit conditions in the JW trilogy their mystic and awe is gone.

I know you can’t just copy the original film and technology has moved forward but I think having the dangerous animals lurking about is Jurassic at its best. I think the best scene from the JW trilogy is the opening of Fallen Kingdom.

What do you guys think? I’m super pumped to be back and it’s exciting we are going to have so much to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Zmey
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 1:03 pm

I never heard of the guy until mentioned for JP7, however I did watch movies he did and felt they look and acted nicely.

I'm optimistic. Hopefully we get Rogue One for JP (in terms‚of quality and groundness)
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 10:12 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Since Gareth is officially directing the new Jurassic movie I thought it couldn’t hurt to have a thread on him. Whether you love or hate him this is the place to discuss him.

Personally I think Gareth did a fantastic job with G14. The only thing wrong with that movie in my opinion was the story wasn’t as good as it could have been. Otherwise I was blown away by the scale of Godzilla and hiding him so much actually worked for me. I was really excited to see him do Godzilla 2 and we all know what happened Sad

Rogue one was another 10/10 visual feast for me but I found the characters boring. Same as G14 in a way. And then he stepped away from big films until the creator. I have heard that movie has outstanding effects and scale too but it looks like it was a box office fail.

Personally I don’t put that against Gareth as I think it just didn’t look like a movie that is easy to market when so much else is out there. I haven’t yet seen it myself

Personally i think we have easily the second best JP director under our belt ever(yes even over Bayona for me). I love the way Gareth uses scale and teases the audience.

I remember a behind the scenes of him saying older movies worked better because you couldn’t show the monster all the time and I agree so much. We see too many Dino’s in well lit conditions in the JW trilogy their mystic and awe is gone.

I know you can’t just copy the original film and technology has moved forward but I think having the dangerous animals lurking about is Jurassic at its best. I think the best scene from the JW trilogy is the opening of Fallen Kingdom.

What do you guys think? I’m super pumped to be back and it’s exciting we are going to have so much to talk about.

I like Garath Edwards myself. The main problem I have is that I can't trust Universal to let him do his thing. We know that J.A. Bayona wanted FK to be more grounded while Trevvorow wanted a bombastic action movie. And what was the result? An ugly tonaly incoherent mess. In other words, why should we trust Universal to make a proper JP movie for the first time since 1997 when it objectively should have happened when they were making the last two JW movies?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 1:51 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I like Garath Edwards myself. The main problem I have is that I can't trust Universal to let him do his thing. We know that J.A. Bayona wanted FK to be more grounded while Trevvorow wanted a bombastic action movie. And what was the result? An ugly tonaly incoherent mess. In other words, why should we trust Universal to make a proper JP movie for the first time since 1997 when it objectively should have happened when they were making the last two JW movies?

For me it’s two words bro.

No Colin

But no I do understand your concerns. And I hope they aren’t just rushing into things because of $$$. I hope this movie is a sort of soft reboot. They gave Colin too much power. Let’s hope the Director is allowed to Direct and the writer has cooked a nice meal
Back to top Go down
Zmey
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 3:07 am

Universal doesnt have many IP it can cash in, so they should know that fucking up JP is gonna cost them alot.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 5:55 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

For me it’s two words bro.

No Colin

But no I do understand your concerns. And I hope they aren’t just rushing into things because of $$$. I hope this movie is a sort of soft reboot. They gave Colin too much power. Let’s hope the Director is allowed to Direct and the writer has cooked a nice meal

It's true that Colin was the wrong man to reboot this franchise via the Jurassic World trilogy. But at the same time, according to that one book that was about the JP franchise that came out not long before Dominion came out, Speilberg was also to blame as well. According to some, Colin had to convince him to water down many of his zany ideas.

In any case, another problem I see this movie having is timing via releases. You see, the week after JP7/JW4 comes out, James Gunn's Superman comes out. I honestly think this will be a lot like how Bumblebee heavily struggled to barely make a profit since it competed with the first Aquaman movie.

Zmey wrote:
Universal doesnt have many IP it can cash in, so they should know that fucking up JP is gonna cost them alot.

I agree. But again. To reboot this fast and competing against a superhero movie didn't really work for Bumblebee. If anything else, Universal should have waited 5 years so that people got the bad taste of Dominion out of enough peoples months and then done this.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Zmey
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am

I don't know why, but it seems like more than 2 years has passed since Dominion. I guess it was such shit I tried to forget about it and put it in some deep past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards   Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let’s talk about Gareth Edwards
Page 1 of 1