Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The True Identity of the Indominus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

The True Identity of the Indominus  Empty
PostSubject: The True Identity of the Indominus    The True Identity of the Indominus  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm

When Jurassic World first came out, I was really misled and I feel like this is something that not a lot of fans have feelings about in regards to one specific factor: The Indominus Rex.

I re-watched it yesterday and really wanted to bring this up now that I'm on the Mainframe. The true identity of the Indominus was revealed in the night jungle hunt to be simply a huge raptor. But I feel that fell flat because from my point of view, it was leading us somewhere else the whole time.

Have you ever stopped to think what if they put human DNA in the Indominus? I felt like the plot was gently leading us to that through several scenes. Raptors are nowhere near as smart as the big white rex. It remembered its tracker from its infancy (like how we get vague memories of our infancy). The Indominus has thumbs. There are even several lines that spook me like, "It's killing for sport," or the motherload, "Ask them what they cooked up in that lab, because that's no dinosaur."

I feel like this would have been the ultimate creation that went in the face of nature's natural (chaotic) path. Now you have mixed human DNA with dinosaur DNA (a callback to the original JP4 script except this would be done tastefully). And just like humans that evolve and adapt to any situation, now this Indominus was doing the same.

What are your thoughts on this? I was kinda bummed when it was just a big raptor. Let me know!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The True Identity of the Indominus    The True Identity of the Indominus  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 5:36 pm

We still don't know if I. rex had human genes or not. It's possible that it could have the genes of gorilla or some other non-human primate.

Here's what I. rex was made of.

The True Identity of the Indominus  Latest?cb=20151126071003

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
JettRyu
Embryo
Embryo
JettRyu

PostSubject: Re: The True Identity of the Indominus    The True Identity of the Indominus  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:49 pm

In addition to that, the official website cites Majungasaurus and Rugops DNA being used. I'd link to it but new members can't post links for seven days after joining.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The True Identity of the Indominus    The True Identity of the Indominus  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 am

JettRyu wrote:
In addition to that, the official website cites Majungasaurus and Rugops DNA being used. I'd link to it but new members can't post links for seven days after joining.
Here it is.
http://islanublar.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/indominus-rex/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The True Identity of the Indominus    The True Identity of the Indominus  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The True Identity of the Indominus
Page 1 of 1