Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cha0ticArch0saur
Embryo
Embryo
Cha0ticArch0saur

Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Empty
PostSubject: Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread   Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 4:14 pm

I have been a fan of dinosaur-related claymation and stop-motion. since I was very young and had a VHS copy of Dinosaurs! – A Fun-Filled Trip Back in Time! This one gets almost nightmarish dark...
Open To Watch:

Phil Tippet's Prehistoric Beast is another good one. The lighting and depth of the backdrop are great. The backdrop for good dinosaur claymation is the same as a detailed diorama.
Open To Watch:

64,000,000 Years Ago has a well-detailed diorama set as well, but I don't think the lighting ever gets as dramatic as Prehistoric Beast.
Open To Watch:

There are more flicks that I can think of, but I would rather leave those to you guys to bring up and discuss. Smile

Follow the whte_rbt.obj
#NedrySec:
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread   Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Prehistoric Beast always blows me away. Tippet's incredible at what he does. The atmosphere is shockingly tense. Honestly, few big budget movies are able to capture the feel of being in a Dinosaur-infested jungle, something Tippet nailed with this short.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread   Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 6:39 pm

I LOVE stop-motion animation dinosaur movies. Without them, Jurassic Park wouldn't be here.

The original 1925 version of The Lost World is one of my favorite movies of all time. I got the Image Entertainment version which has 90% of the original footage.

Here's a picture of a pair of T. rexes fighting.

Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Z

And here's a picture of the Rhedosaurus from the movie, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms.

Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Latest?cb=20100812150228

Here's a picture of Gwangi from, The Valley Of Gwangi. He was originally supposed to be a T. rex in the Willis O'Brien version, but that was changed to an Allosaurus in the Ray Harryhausen movie.

Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Gwangi

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Hesperornis
Embryo
Embryo
Hesperornis

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread   Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:28 pm

There's a lot of good dinosaur stop motion stuff out there if you know there to look. Below is some footage by Willis O'Brien for the unfinished film Creation which, while never released, served as a practice run for King Kong.

As I'm sure many of you know, Phil Tippett was originally going to use his brand of stop motion for the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. While Spielberg ultimately chose to go with CGI, at least some of Tippett's test footage has survived, such as this T. rex walk cycle.

Tippett also made stop motion animatics for some of the movie's dinosaur scenes, such as this one for the raptors in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread   Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Claymation (Stop-Motion) Thread
Page 1 of 1