Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dino of the Day: Velociraptor

Go down 
+4
BarrytheOnyx
Physalisfresser
Minmi
Dead2009
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Empty
PostSubject: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Latest?cb=20150927183415

Note, even though the picture is of Blue, the thread is representing the species in the films as a whole. Discuss away!

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 6:22 am

In JP3, we never see how Ben dies, but there's a theory that he bled to death after having his legs ripped off by a pack of Velociraptors.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 7:02 am

Ah the Velociraptor, by far the scariest Dinosaur in the franchise (haven't seen FK yet).
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Its probably the one species that's undergone the greatest change in the series, but admittedly they're just savage secondary antagonists in The Lost World. Definitely cool looking foes, but not as sophisticated as the Raptors in the first and even third films.

Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
lblanc
Embryo
Embryo
lblanc

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:04 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Its probably the one species that's undergone the greatest change in the series, but admittedly they're just savage secondary antagonists in The Lost World. Definitely cool looking foes, but not as sophisticated as the Raptors in the first and even third films.

Savage but the long grass scene shows them as the ruthless efficient hunters which Grant/Muldoon make them out to be in first film. Approaching the hunters silently before taking down the back of the pack similar to most predators.

The way they approach the hunters is also an amazing piece of cinematography too
Back to top Go down
BlueRaptor8
Embryo
Embryo
BlueRaptor8

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Think of Velociraptors as a pack of wolves that surround their prey and one or two are in front of it to distract it so it doesn't see the other pack members. Very clever and swift and that's why I love being the velociraptor "Blue" as she survives Jurassic World and helps the T-Rex fight off the Indominus Rex. Actually, Velociraptors were really only the size of a chicken and not tall like they are in all the Jurassic Park and World movies. They made them bigger to scare the audience.

Anne

ANNE

Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Lonely10
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 pm

I have to be totally honest, and this is probably going to offend a lot of people, but one thing I really hate (and probably the only thing I actually hate) about these new movies is how they took the scariest and coolest dinosaur in the franchise and turned it into a pet/hero. I honestly can't stand it, and it bothers me every time I watch Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom. I thought it was bad when the raptors at the end of JP3 left the humans alone as a thank you. I never imagined I'd one day see them as a pet in JP movie. It really ruins the movies for me, this whole "Blue, this one's for you, girl" crap. These are the creatures I was terrified of as a kid and at the same time loved for how ruthless and dangerous to humans they were. When we went from them opening doors to "raptors are the smartest thing in the universe" it was the beginning of the end for them as a true menace. Really hoping that JW3 will focus less not only on hybrids but on pet raptors.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:24 am

Lost wrote:
I have to be totally honest, and this is probably going to offend a lot of people, but one thing I really hate (and probably the only thing I actually hate) about these new movies is how they took the scariest and coolest dinosaur in the franchise and turned it into a pet/hero. I honestly can't stand it, and it bothers me every time I watch Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom. I thought it was bad when the raptors at the end of JP3 left the humans alone as a thank you. I never imagined I'd one day see them as a pet in JP movie. It really ruins the movies for me, this whole "Blue, this one's for you, girl" crap. These are the creatures I was terrified of as a kid and at the same time loved for how ruthless and dangerous to humans they were. When we went from them opening doors to "raptors are the smartest thing in the universe" it was the beginning of the end for them as a true menace. Really hoping that JW3 will focus less not only on hybrids but on pet raptors.
Yeah but to be fair, there's only so many times they can use the same raptors-chase-people-and-eat-them gimmick over and over before it becomes tired, at it would have if JW and FK hadn't added some depth and character to these dinosaurs. At least now they have some development and have been shown to have a capacity for empathy, which, in my opinion, makes it all the more terrifying when they turn on you.

Yes, raptors were your nightmares as a kid - mine to. But we've grown up and so have they.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dino of the Day: Velociraptor   Dino of the Day: Velociraptor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dino of the Day: Velociraptor
Page 1 of 1