Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Return to Isla Sorna?

Go down 
+2
Dilophosaurus
JVM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

Return to Isla Sorna? Empty
PostSubject: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 4:31 am

In the Deleted Scenes thread, there's recently been a conversation about a previous draft of the script that much more heavily involved Isla Sorna, including it being the final island sanctuary for the dinosaurs (again?) intended from early in the film, but only secured in the end. I'm not necessarily suggesting this draft is real until we see it, but it certainly sounds plausible.

Similarly though, I noticed that while we've generally been directed away from Sorna by the spin-off media, it's exact fate has never been fully confirmed, especially on-screen, and in The Evolution of Claire, it sounds to be sidestepped. I bring this up because we were in the reverse position until JW hit production, with Nublar being assumed abandoned and destroyed, but never being confirmed as such onscreen.

So, largely, I'm considering - what if Masrani Global has covered up Sorna's continued existence, and it might figure into the next sequel as the haven for the dinosaurs? Regardless of the status of the previous inhabitants, surely the island still exists? Do you think this would be too much of a reversion or a worthy way of bringing things full circle again?

(Just to clarify on me personally - this is not me staking a prediction, just opening up for other members' thoughts and feelings.)
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 am

I really don't think that Sorna will feature in JW3 in any significant way. The dinosaurs are on the mainland now. That will be the story of JW3. We're not going back to the islands.

Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:24 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
I really don't think that Sorna will feature in JW3 in any significant way. The dinosaurs are on the mainland now. That will be the story of JW3. We're not going back to the islands.

I'm not seriously expecting it, but the suggestion of FK having ended with Sorna at one point is what has me curious again.
Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 4:43 pm

I would love it if the franchise ends with the dinosaurs back to Sorna. It would be some sort of redemption to Hammonds speach at the end of TLW. What about the dinosaurs on Sorna: You're right. The fans tought a long time that the dinosaurs on Nublar were destroyed and thanks to JW, we know that the dinosaurs lived there all the time. In my headcanon: something has survived...

Dilophosaurus wrote:

And that's what I kinda dislike, where the franchise is going to end. Even if the dinosaurs are now on the planet, I don't like the tought that the franchise might end with dinosaurs and men, co-existing and beeing exploited by some companies on some places in the world. But I guess pandoras box is opened now and there is no turning back....
Back to top Go down
Triton Jay
Embryo
Embryo
Triton Jay

PostSubject: Re: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 4:49 pm

NikoRex wrote:
co-existing and beeing exploited by some companies on some places in the world.

It could always go the "Planet of the Apes" route, dinosaurs breed rapidly and eat all the humans. Silly as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Triton Jay wrote:
NikoRex wrote:

It could always go the "Planet of the Apes" route, dinosaurs breed rapidly and eat all the humans. Silly as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised. Very Happy
Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind seeing the next movie take a DotPotA route and have the genetic creations loose in the Redwoods. It wouldn't be a return to Sorna, but it would be a return to my favorite part of it.
Return to Isla Sorna? FujSsb5

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Triton Jay wrote:
NikoRex wrote:

I thought about that too at one point, but if we're going to be real, too many people would ask why the military didn't wipe them out within a month. Throw in the Mexican drug cartels and every hillbilly and redneck hunting them, not to mention survivors of dinosaur attack, or their surviving relatives and friends forming vigilante mobs to hunt them down. Not doing so would sanitize the movie beyond any hope of taking it seriously. This this franchise is too grounded in reality to do something like that

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return to Isla Sorna?   Return to Isla Sorna? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return to Isla Sorna?
Page 1 of 1