Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

New JW toys for 2020.

Go down 
+4
Jamesgodawgs
TyrannosaurTJ
Tyrant Lizard
Rhedosaurus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

New JW toys for 2020.  Empty
PostSubject: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 pm

This is from Jurassic Outpost.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/mattels-jurassic-world-comic-con-panel-unveils-huge-assortment-of-new-toys-coming-in-2020/

Here's the list.

A new Carnotaurus toy.

Cryolophosaurus

Edmontosaurus

Alioramus.

You can also see the shillolite of the giant crocodile, Sarchosuchus in here.

New JW toys for 2020.  17-new-species-primal-attack-mattel-SDCC-revealed-jurassic-world-2020

We'll also be getting new toys of T. rex and Stegosaurus.

New JW toys for 2020.  17-new-species-primal-attack-layout

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Pretty excited about the Sarcosuchus.

I do wonder what the gimmick for the next T. rex will be. We've gotten several Rexes so there really isn't a whole lot left they can do with it. My guess is some sort of battle damaged variant, although I'm crossing my fingers for a real-feel version instead.

New JW toys for 2020.  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 6:43 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Pretty excited about the Sarcosuchus.

I do wonder what the gimmick for the next T. rex will be. We've gotten several Rexes so there really isn't a whole lot left they can do with it. My guess is some sort of battle damaged variant, although I'm crossing my fingers for a real-feel version instead.

I forgot to mention something. The one T. rex style shillollete on the far right of the first pic is supposed to be that of Tarbosaurus, which is so closely related to T. rex that it's considered a species of Tyrannosaurus by many. I guess that's why they put the iguana back spikes on it, so that it won't be a knock off via the looks of it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Three new images have just been revealed. The first is of the new Carnotaurus, which looks pretty good. Obviously the same mold as the previous Carno, bit with the new gimmick and a new paint job. Looks pretty good. I'm glad they didn't stray too far from the original paint job. Just enough to make it unique.

Next up is the new Rex, which looks to be another Extreme Chompin' Rex with the Bite N' Fight paint job. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in this one. We already have 3 Extreme Chompin' Rex variants. We didn't need another one. The fact that it's a paint job we've already seen before makes it seem even more lackluster. It's not a new toy. It's not a new paint job. It's not a new gimmick. It's all stuff we've seen before. Really disappointed.

Lastly is the Tarbosaurus. I do like the general paint job and overall design. However, the red is pretty jarring, the detailing on the face looks kinda cheap, and the toe claws aren't painted. Mixed back for me overall. I still may pick it up, as these Mattel figures do tend to look a lot better in-hand than their promotional images would indicate.

Link below.

https://www.collectjurassic.com/082419-2/

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 6:09 pm

Actually the Bite 'N Fight's coloration is supposed to be the most accurate representation of the Nublar female we've had released and that's most likely why we're getting a redo of the Extreme Chompin' with this color scheme. Basically it's a scoop up for people who like the canon coloration schemes and are looking for a 1:1 on those with the figures. So it's a definite buy for me considering. I can understand why most would consider it lackluster though.

That Tarbosaurus' coloration reminds me of the coloration of the Rex from Walking With Dinosaurs. Heh.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 6:43 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Actually the Bite 'N Fight's coloration is supposed to be the most accurate representation of the Nublar female we've had released and that's most likely why we're getting a redo of the Extreme Chompin' with this color scheme. Basically it's a scoop up for people who like the canon coloration schemes and are looking for a 1:1 on those with the figures. So it's a definite buy for me considering. I can understand why most would consider it lackluster though.

That Tarbosaurus' coloration reminds me of the coloration of the Rex from Walking With Dinosaurs. Heh.

That's another thing that bothers me about this Rex. They didn't make any effort to improve the accuracy of the B&F paint job. While that paint job was certainly closer to being movie accurate than the first batch of Rexes, there are still a couple of noticeable differences. For starters, that poop-brown color running down the back. The design running down the back should be more of a stripe-type thing, and the colour should be a darker grey. Also the brown of the Rex itself should be more muted imo. But the brown running down the back is what's really throwing me off though. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but if you're going to do a billion repaints, I think they should be able to get it closer to being right than what we've gotten so far. Mainly I'm just annoyed that it's just a combination of things we've already gotten. I had my fingers crossed that they might give us a real-feel Rex at long last.

Nice catch with the Walking with Dinos Rex though. Even the little bit of red on the neck and bottom jaw is similar. Honestly, I think it's even a bit too close to be considered coincidence. I'm guessing there was some inspiration there. I'm gonna throw the comparison out on Twitter and see if anyone else sees it.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 10:04 am

"poop-brown" XD Sorry I loved that you named it that! All valid points, basically where Mattel is operating is like a 10 foot rule. 10 foot away it looks accurate, you get closer and you realize it isn't really that much. I still say the paint apps are better than Hasbro's in a lot of ways. I mean remember their JW Blue? The Blue stripe wasn't even blue and its in the damn name! Now that said, we don't know what the future may eventually hold for the toys. All we can do is give them feedback and keep supporting the brand though and hopefully these things like a real-feel Rex with accurate colors can eventually happen. As long as they know the demand is there, they'll do it.

Yeah. I noticed it pretty quick since I did actually enjoy the coloration of the WWD Rex. I look at it and I'm like "Wait. This is familiar. Awesome" heh.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 6:42 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Lastly is the Tarbosaurus. I do like the general paint job and overall design. However, the red is pretty jarring, the detailing on the face looks kinda cheap, and the toe claws aren't painted. Mixed back for me overall. I still may pick it up, as these Mattel figures do tend to look a lot better in-hand than their promotional images would indicate.

Link below.

https://www.collectjurassic.com/082419-2/

They really should have done the red better. Red and grey do work, but not in this instance. The red lower jaw really does not fit with the paint scheme at all.

Back to top Go down
Jamesgodawgs
Embryo
Embryo
Jamesgodawgs

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 1:40 am

Since they have shown a willingness to make homages to old toys, I would really love to see a new Red Rex.

Jurassic Park Terror - Our website for Jurassic fans and dinosaur enthusiasts
Back to top Go down
https://jurassicparkterror.net/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm

It's become obvious that the Legacy Brachiosaurus is only going to be made available in the US. With so many high in-demand figures being made Target exclusives not available outside the US, I think I'm going to be dropping my support for Mattel's JW line.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 9:09 pm

The Brachiosaurus has been available in other countries for a while now actually. The Brachiosaurus was first if anything offered in the UK and Mexico. Some other locations in South America, Europe, and Australia after that actually.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It's become obvious that the Legacy Brachiosaurus is only going to be made available in the US. With so many high in-demand figures being made Target exclusives not available outside the US, I think I'm going to be dropping my support for Mattel's JW line.

To be fair, I've seen collectibles that you can only get in other countries as well. Never dropped support for those companies.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
The Brachiosaurus has been available in other countries for a while now actually. The Brachiosaurus was first if anything offered in the UK and Mexico. Some other locations in South America, Europe, and Australia after that actually.

I dunno, but I just recieved a tweet from Mattel itself telling me that it was only available in the US.

https://twitter.com/Mattel/status/1181988656745271296

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 12:32 pm

It had released originally in other locations besides the US over the course of the summer before finally reaching the street date for it to go to Target here in early October. This has been all over places like Instagram and Facebook, specifically in the JP Toys group. A lot of people were flipping out because they thought that the Brachiosaurus was going to end up much like the Legacy Collection Spinosaurus. So the window to get it in foreign markets might be closed, but the window for getting it here in the US is still open a bit.

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 5:42 am

I recently added the JW Sound Strike Cryolophosaurus and the JW Attack Pack Mononykus to my collection, which has now reached a grand total of 318 toys and figurines.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 6:44 pm

Thinking of the things announced at Toy Fair, I want Allioramus and Scutosaurus.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

THIS. So much this.

With Toys R Us gone, plus the fact that there are no K Marts or Sears around anymore, there are almost no stores to buy any kind of Jurassic merchandise whatsoever. Then there is Walmart but they have little Jurassic merchandise overall and on top of that the Legacy toyline is Target exclusive (Wich is a store that only exists in the U.S. mainland right?) so in other words there is almost no way to get these toys other than on the internet for anyone living outside of the mainland U.S.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New JW toys for 2020.    New JW toys for 2020.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New JW toys for 2020.
Page 1 of 1