Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Indoraptor11
Embryo
Embryo
Indoraptor11

Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff) Empty
PostSubject: Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff)   Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 12:35 pm

In my opinion the soundtrack is really great. Michael Giacchino is a very good composer and the music in the movie is exiting but has also calm places. The track titles are abit weird but thats expected from Michael Giacchino. He always uses puns in the titles.

It was fun hearing the indoraptor theme in the movie even if the indoraptor isnt there. It was also fun in the track "It's Like Herding Parasaurolophus" hearing both owen theme with some country thing in it. In the track "Clonely You-The Hunters Become The Hunted" we heard the Beta theme which is very cool too.

The soundtrack exist both digitally and on CD. On CD however theres alot missing because its only one cd and the total time for the digital soundtrack is at 1h47 mins while the CD is 1h17 min. Sadly the CD omits "Da Plane And Da Cycle" and some other tracks. The "Da Plane And Da Cycle" is very great so its sad its missing on the CD.

So what did you others think about the soundtrack? whats your favourite track?
Back to top Go down
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff)   Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2022 10:13 pm

I've listened to it a few times so far and while it has it's highlights, some of it feels kind of generic.

My favorite track was "A Sattler State Of Affairs/Alan For Granted /Sattler? I Barely Know Her" for its use of the original film's theme. "Gigantosaurus on your Life" was another highlight for the same reason, especially with the four-note raptor theme that's been absent in this trilogy so far. The beginning of the credits "Larry, Curly, and MOE", captured the feel of the original soundtrack and would have been a perfect transition to the classic theme. Overall, I felt that this film made the best use of the original film's themes when it used them, but I think there was room for more, at the very least during the credits like Fallen Kingdom did. It would have been nice to see the TLW theme return in some form as well.

"Dimetrodon a Dozen" was a good suspense theme. The new variation of "Chasing the Dragons" was pretty great, too.

I think the soundtrack was lacking in terms of a theme of its own. There is a recurring motif for sure, but it never really had an establishing moment like the main themes of JP and TLW. I felt the same about Jurassic World, though it's main theme was more ubiquitous throughout the film. I was unsure at first about much of the score being taken almost exactly from the previous two films, but I think it's good for continuity within the new trilogy.
Back to top Go down

Soundtrack Talk (How very good it is and other stuff)
Page 1 of 1