Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Paleofails

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paleoman
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Paleofails   Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:42 pm

We've all seen them before, sometimes reconstructions go awry. This is the spot for all crimes against prehistory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:50 pm

Man, I'm not liking the direction this new Jurassic World 2 concept art is taking.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Man, I'm not liking the direction this new Jurassic World 2 concept art is taking.

Spoiler:

Ha ha ha. My last Paleofail pic on JPL. Only fitting to have it be the first paleofail on this site. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:53 pm

The negative reviews in "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!" ( http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t479-jd-man-s-serious-dino-books-dino-related-reviews ) are for paleofails. As of this post, there's Feduccia's Riddle of the Feathered Dragons: Hidden Birds of China, Barnes-Svarney/Svarney's The Handy Dinosaur Answer Book, Lessem's The Ultimate Dinopedia: The Most Complete Dinosaur Reference Ever, The Magic School Bus, Brusatte/Benton's Dinosaurs, Mash's How to Keep Dinosaurs, Benton's Walking With Dinosaurs: Fascinating Facts, Johnson's Dino Wars: Discover the Deadliest Dinosaurs, Bloodiest Battles, and Super Survival Strategies of the Prehistoric World, Burnie's The Kingfisher Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia, Brusatte's Field Guide to Dinosaurs, Benton's Dinosaurs: Living Monsters of the Past, & Schwabacher's The Magic School Bus Flies with the Dinosaurs (which is where the Jurassic Park Legacy thread left off). I'll add to "Paleofails" as I add to "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:30 pm

I put this in the JPL Paleothread, but I doubt nobody will mind if I put it here.

Behold! A failed Indominus Rex prototype.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Caudipteryx
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Ok browsing some news earlier today I found this:

"While tyrannosaurs, including T. rex, and Velociraptor showed the largest olfactory bulbs relative to brain size and body mass"

"While tyrannosaurs, including T. rex, and Velociraptor..."

"including T. rex, and Velociraptor"

"T. rex, and Velociraptor"

Wh... what?

Also this from the same article

"Kill meeeee"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:26 pm

JD-man wrote:
The negative reviews in "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!" ( http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t479-jd-man-s-serious-dino-books-dino-related-reviews ) are for paleofails. As of this post, there's Feduccia's Riddle of the Feathered Dragons: Hidden Birds of China, Barnes-Svarney/Svarney's The Handy Dinosaur Answer Book, Lessem's The Ultimate Dinopedia: The Most Complete Dinosaur Reference Ever, The Magic School Bus, Brusatte/Benton's Dinosaurs, Mash's How to Keep Dinosaurs, Benton's Walking With Dinosaurs: Fascinating Facts, Johnson's Dino Wars: Discover the Deadliest Dinosaurs, Bloodiest Battles, and Super Survival Strategies of the Prehistoric World, Burnie's The Kingfisher Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia, Brusatte's Field Guide to Dinosaurs, Benton's Dinosaurs: Living Monsters of the Past, & Schwabacher's The Magic School Bus Flies with the Dinosaurs (which is where the Jurassic Park Legacy thread left off). I'll add to "Paleofails" as I add to "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!".

I've since added Theodorou's I Wonder Why Triceratops Had Horns: and Other Questions about Dinosaurs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:42 pm

JD-man wrote:

I've since added Wexo's Where Did Dinosaurs Come From?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpinoInWonderland
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:23 pm

OMG that Chubut Monster LMAO.

http://fav.me/daf2ut0
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spinoinwonderland.deviantart.com/
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:34 pm

"Huehuehuehuehue"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:45 pm

JD-man wrote:

I've since added Long's Dinosaurs (Insiders).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm

JD-man wrote:

I've since added Markle's Outside And Inside Dinosaurs.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:37 pm

What the flaming crapsicles is this?! It's not an entelodont that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:08 am

tigris115 wrote:

What the flaming crapsicles is this?! It's not an entelodont that's for sure.

It's the original model for Mesozoica's Entelodont. They changed it to be more accurate.

tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:03 pm

There's also this lil' gem that's not only hideous but broke an embargo too.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Some examples from Ken Ham's Creationist propaganda:

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:25 pm

The second sentence is a big paleofail.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm

How would it not just fall flat on it's face?

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:37 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
How would it not just fall flat on it's face?

I have no idea. Razz

In any case, here's a wonderful Dromaeosaurus fossil that's for sale.

It looks like a dinosaur skeleton prop from Super Mario Bros.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:23 am

I swear if someone buys that horrid thing, expecting a real animal...

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:14 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
I swear if someone buys that horrid thing, expecting a real animal...

Somebody actually did for $201. Click the link and see for yourself. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:18 pm

JD-man wrote:

I've since added Stewart's Why Did T. rex Have Short Arms?: And Other Questions about Dinosaurs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:29 pm

JD-man wrote:

I've since added Henry's RAPTOR: The Life of a Young Deinonychus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannoFan
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:17 am

I'd say any of David Peters' reconstructions deserve to be posted here. Check out the guy's reconstruction of Longisquama:
http://www.reptileevolution.com/longisquama4.htm

When you look at his method, it's no wonder he comes up with this stuff:
Spoiler:

He basically puts images of a fossil into photoshop and tries to trace everything he can see including details that every other paleontologist conveniently missed. Honestly though I can't help but respect Peters' dedication and his skill as an artist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Nonsense...I can't believe someone has proposed this as theory.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Alright!!! You asked for it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:34 pm

K_Ozz92 wrote:
Nonsense...I can't believe someone has proposed this as theory.

To be fair, the date does say August 15, 1920. So back then, it was a plausible theory. Even more so considering how paleontology was still fairly new back then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 am

JD-man wrote:

I've since added Moody's Dinofile: Profiles of 120 Amazing, Terrifying and Bizarre Beasts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Greetings, mortal human. We mean you no harm.
Spoiler:

Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:10 am

That Brachiosaurus looks like a creature out of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom book series (aka John Carter of Mars).
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:49 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
That Brachiosaurus looks like a creature out of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom book series (aka John Carter of Mars).

And this Apatosaurus looks more like the Paleosaurus from 'The Giant Behemoth'.

lol!

Sorry for the multiple edits. Had to find the right resolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   

Back to top Go down

Paleofails
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: The Bonebeds-
Jump to: