Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Recent Acquisitions Thread

Go down 
+22
Randomosaur
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
Frills n Thrills
#TRexSpinorematch
FayhdrianColonist
K_Ozz92
deinocoop
Pachyrhinosaurus
1morey
Faelrin
Raptor Dash
Raptor Blue
JPMalcolmDilo
Boogeyman13
Rhedosaurus
Spinosaur4.4
LordPicard
CT-1138
Océane
TheDreamMaster
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:20 am

Damn it looks awesome! Is it worth it? Saw on local stores too..

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Got the Mosasaurus and these little guys:

Spoiler:

I have never seen that raptor toy. It remains me of the Alpha Raptor from the Chaos Effect line Kenner put out. But with a simpler yet just as eye-catching color scheme.

Hey Rhedosaurus! Very Happy

This raptor is from a line called "Destruct-a-saurus". They arrived here in a store in my city just a few days ago. There were 2 other models too. One gold Pteranodon with Microceratus and a new color variant of Attack Pack Dilophosaurus and Compsognathus.

Here's the pic with the 5 models that will be released:

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 33623575_1728681937239311_2647705243285979136_n

I really liked this raptor, the color is amazing and it's why I got it, the head stripes are golden, only little nitpicks I have against it's the rest of the stripes on it's body should be golden too and when the piece of the cage is in it's mouth the raptor can't stand (balance problems). The rest I 100% recommend it. The Microceratus is also cute and I loved that they made a toy of it.

We barely have any JW:FK toys in my store. And that includes JW:FK Lego sets. Hopefully, that changes. I winded up getting my Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex via Amazon, and that's going to be where I get most of the other JW:FK toys that I plan to get.

Wow, so your local stores are having problems in getting the toys too? Here in my city we don't have much variety too, arrived some days ago the Mosasaurus, Destruct-a-saurus and the Owen + baby Blue figure. But a lot of merch didn't arrive, such as the Roarivores line. Sad

I hope your store also have more toys soon.

So far, my store has one of those small front showcase place were they have them. You know, the ones that you see outside instead of inside the major/main shelves. Hopefully, that changes around the time the movie comes out.

If not, then there's a Target very close by the store I work at. Maybe I can go there sometime next week and see what they have.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 2:19 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Damn it looks awesome! Is it worth it? Saw on local stores too..
Thanks! Yeah, I think it's very much worth it! I'd love to just have a pack of these guys. Very cool figures.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 9:35 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Spoiler:

I have never seen that raptor toy. It remains me of the Alpha Raptor from the Chaos Effect line Kenner put out. But with a simpler yet just as eye-catching color scheme.

Hey Rhedosaurus! Very Happy

This raptor is from a line called "Destruct-a-saurus". They arrived here in a store in my city just a few days ago. There were 2 other models too. One gold Pteranodon with Microceratus and a new color variant of Attack Pack Dilophosaurus and Compsognathus.

Here's the pic with the 5 models that will be released:

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 33623575_1728681937239311_2647705243285979136_n

I really liked this raptor, the color is amazing and it's why I got it, the head stripes are golden, only little nitpicks I have against it's the rest of the stripes on it's body should be golden too and when the piece of the cage is in it's mouth the raptor can't stand (balance problems). The rest I 100% recommend it. The Microceratus is also cute and I loved that they made a toy of it.

We barely have any JW:FK toys in my store. And that includes JW:FK Lego sets. Hopefully, that changes. I winded up getting my Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex via Amazon, and that's going to be where I get most of the other JW:FK toys that I plan to get.

Wow, so your local stores are having problems in getting the toys too? Here in my city we don't have much variety too, arrived some days ago the Mosasaurus, Destruct-a-saurus and the Owen + baby Blue figure. But a lot of merch didn't arrive, such as the Roarivores line. Sad

I hope your store also have more toys soon.

So far, my store has one of those small front showcase place were they have them. You know, the ones that you see outside instead of inside the major/main shelves. Hopefully, that changes around the time the movie comes out.

If not, then there's a Target very close by the store I work at. Maybe I can go there sometime next week and see what they have.

Wow. Here it's the same thing. Just the front part of the shelve has them. They have a whole shelve for Marvel toys and stuff and just a small part for Jurassic World. They are all chubbed there. Sad

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:30 am

I think that Destructasaur Raptor has the potential to be the best Raptor of the line. It looks to have a more neutral sculpt, the articulated head and arms of Battle Damaged Blue, but not damage feature so no little tab throwing the sculpt off just a little bit.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:35 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 33435266_1728032787304226_5977453625344000000_n

Spino where are you from man? (You can PM me if you don't want to say public). I haven't seen any of the Destructasaurs showing up yet, and I've been hitting up many stores (except Target because it's 45 minutes away in two directions.)

EDIT: Could you also snap another pic with the UPC on the box? So we can search and see if they are coming to other countries eventually?

Last edited by TheDreamMaster on Tue May 29, 2018 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 11:07 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 33435266_1728032787304226_5977453625344000000_n

Spino where are you from man? (You can PM me if you don't want to say public). I haven't seen any of the Destructasaurs showing up yet, and I've been hitting up many stores (except Target because it's 45 minutes away in two directions.)

IIRC, I think he's from Brazil.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Yes, I'm from Brazil. Very Happy What do you mean by take an UPC pic? I mean what's an UPC, sorry I don't know what it is.

Sure I can take a pic of it, just wait until I get the phone again so I can take it. Razz

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 3:21 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Yes, I'm from Brazil. Very Happy  What do you mean by take an UPC pic? I mean what's an UPC, sorry I don't know what it is.

Sure I can take a pic of it, just wait until I get the phone again so I can take it. Razz

The barcode where they scan the toy and the numbers under it. Please. Smile Appreciate it Spino4.4. What store did you find them at?

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 10:02 am

Sorry the late reply, got the pic. Razz

I got it from a store called Rihappy.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 11:10 am

Thanks Spino! It helps us locate if they’re coming to other countries! I appreciate it!

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Thanks Spino! It helps us locate if they’re coming to other countries! I appreciate it!

NP. Razz Tell me if it works!

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 French11

Draw me like one of your French girls.

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 French11

Draw me like one of your French girls.

Beautiful! I love how posable this figure is!

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Say hello to my little friend!
Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 ZZnHajR

TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 10:11 pm

I bought me a Action Attack Carnotaurus. Set me back thirty bucks but, I like having it on my shelf lol.

Also CT, wow, that is a huge T-rex.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:
I bought me a Action Attack Carnotaurus. Set me back thirty bucks but, I like having it on my shelf lol.

For it's size, the colossal is relatively cheap. If you like seeing the Carno on your shelf, you'd absolutely love seeing the Colossal Rex staring you in the face when you look at your shelf. I highly recommend it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 1:18 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Say hello to my little friend!
Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 ZZnHajR

That really is a masterpiece by Mattel. I have one myself as well as the retooled Baby T. rex. And both are worth every penny.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:

For it's size, the colossal is relatively cheap. If you like seeing the Carno on your shelf, you'd absolutely love seeing the Colossal Rex staring you in the face when you look at your shelf. I highly recommend it.

The Super Colossal T. rex really is Mattel's masterpiece for very obvious reasons. To be fair, I heard that the Carnotaurus and the one Triceratops toy are also high quality as well. And that the Carno gets extra points for being both movie accurate and scientifically accurate as well. Which makes sense considering how the JW:FK Carno is looking to be the most scientifically accurate dino in the JP franchise since the dino in TLW or the JP3 raptors.

I'm taking a bit of a break from buying JW:FK toys, but I do plan to buy more.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:

The Super Colossal T. rex really is Mattel's masterpiece for very obvious reasons. To be fair, I heard that the Carnotaurus and the one Triceratops toy are also high quality as well. And that the Carno gets extra points for being both movie accurate and scientifically accurate as well. Which makes sense considering how the JW:FK Carno is looking to be the most scientifically accurate dino in the JP franchise since the dino in TLW or the JP3 raptors.

I'm taking a bit of a break from buying JW:FK toys, but I do plan to buy more.

I envy you guys so much having that Colossal T.rex there in your houses. I won't be able to get it unless I buy from Amazon and pay double it's price since the taxes to shipping to my country are huge.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 12:28 pm

I wish they'd make another compound or something like that like they did with the first line. Something you can house your dinos in.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Just got the Attack Pack Galimimus!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

That's one of the few Mattel toys that my store is carrying. The 2 that I got were from Amazon. The other diosaur toys my store carries/is carrying is the Blue toy, the green Velociraptor, the Dilo, the Dimorphodon, and those mini figures. It also carries 2 kinds of Owen toys (one with a baby Blue) and a merc toy, but that's about it. At least that's what I remember.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

That's one of the few Mattel toys that my store is carrying. The 2 that I got were from Amazon. The other diosaur toys my store carries/is carrying is the Blue toy, the green Velociraptor, the Dilo, the Dimorphodon, and those mini figures. It also carries 2 kinds of Owen toys (one with a baby Blue) and a merc toy, but that's about it. At least that's what I remember.

I'm having a hard time finding the Attack Pack Dimorphodon. Also, the Owen with baby Blue is on my list. Hope I get it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 7:40 am

My new Super Colossal T. rex is a mother. Very Happy

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Img_0210

By the way, those boxes contain most of my non-JP dinosaur toys.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 11:46 pm

New collectible! TLW Male T. rex Statue by Monster House Hong Kong!

I'm in love with this figure, it's made out of a similar kind of vinyl that Papo uses, but the sculpt is pure Jurassic! Major thanks to The Jurassic Collection for pointing me towards this figure. It's about a foot long, and I got it for only $80+shipping on their pre-order price. Absolutely beautiful piece, they've spared no expense!

Spoiler:

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Finally got the Action Attack Carnotaurus. She's an absolute beauty. In terms of film-realism, paint job and detail, she may be one of the best JP toys ever made.

Also, bought myself Blue only to find one of her eyes melted xD

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Blue10

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Goddamnit...

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Stego_11

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Goddamnit...

Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Stego_11

Stegosaurus is not amused.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 pm

1morey wrote:
Stegosaurus is not amused.

Laughing

But to be honest, neither am I.

This is the second time this has happened now. With the Attack Pack Blue I was willing to give it a pass because the eye wasn't off by two terribly much and the figure itself was pretty cheap. However, the Action Attack Stegosaurus was $29.99 plus tax and the paint was a complete miss. I think I'm going to try contacting Mattel. I know it doesn't seem like a huge deal, especially considering the toys themselves are pretty high quality, but I've been trying to collect these guys and seeing such an obvious manufacturing error on two separate figures is kind of a bummer.

edit: Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Unamus10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread   Recent Acquisitions Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Acquisitions Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next