Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Say, let's talk about that weather!

Go down 
+26
Spiegel
Minmi
K_Ozz92
Scott B
TheRexMan22
SmugTheFab
dance2nite
smaugtheterrible
Lost
Carcharodontosaurus
VoxelMush
Crimsonraptor
Theta Rex
Darth Spidey
Caudipteryx
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
MissDNA
tigris115
The Argentine
Spinosaur4.4
Rhedosaurus
HeeeeresJohnny
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
CT-1138
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling
tigris115

Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 11:39 am

In the 90's with humidity to match. That inflatable pool can't come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Guess I'll join in on the trend that it's in the 90s and humid AF.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 12:50 pm

In the 90s with a heat index above 110. Woo.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 11:51 am

Was hot as hell over the weekend. Heat indexes were in the 110s and heat warnings were everywhere. Now it's comfortable.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Been a little chilly the past few days and not as humid. Gonna be a hot one this weekend, though.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 6:12 pm

It's been in the high-70's mid 80's this week and it's going to be in the low-mid 80's next week.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Snow's moving in and I'm in the process of getting sick. Joy!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 7:58 pm

My parents had -39 celcius in the north while here in south I have mere -20. Pretty standard January wheather
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Snow's moving in and I'm in the process of getting sick. Joy!

You have my sympathies. I have sinus drainage as of now and I always get it or a head cold around late fall-winter. Here in Michigan it's 15-20 F, but the wind chill makes it feel like 0 to -10 F. Thankfully, most of the snow melted the day after Christmas via a heat wave that got to 57 F. Only the snow piles are left standing. We still get snow, of course. But nothing big or heavy.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 12:05 am

36.C here, cannot imagine the temperatures u are all describing now! Shocked
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 2:55 am

It's cold here in Canada. That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 pm

dance2nite wrote:

Well since I'm never ever touching Australia with a pole the length of Chile from north to south, I suppose I can at least try to imagine that.

...not. I'd literally pass out and die from that, god almighty.

Aaaanyways, it's chilly (and wet sometimes as well, but of course it is, I'm British) here, unsurprisingly.

Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 12:10 am

It snowed like 8-10 inches here (kind of unexpectedly) a few days ago. Now it's about 60F and there's mud everywhere.

It's supposed to be January and I want my cold weather back, dangit! Well... moderately cold... 20-35F is nice, and colder than that isn't bad if the sun's out. I'm not a fan of extreme cold, but I hate hot weather. I'm usually that person standing outside eating ice cream in freezing cold temperatures because it doesn't melt.

Theta Rex wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Well since I'm never ever touching Australia with a pole the length of Chile from north to south, I suppose I can at least try to imagine that.

Aaaanyways, it's chilly (and wet sometimes as well, but of course it is, I'm British) here, unsurprisingly.

So is this true then? Razz

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 am

smaugtheterrible wrote:
It snowed like 8-10 inches here (kind of unexpectedly) a few days ago. Now it's about 60F and there's mud everywhere.

It's supposed to be January and I want my cold weather back, dangit! Well... moderately cold... 20-35F is nice, and colder than that isn't bad if the sun's out. I'm not a fan of extreme cold, but I hate hot weather. I'm usually that person standing outside eating ice cream in freezing cold temperatures because it doesn't melt.

Theta Rex wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

So is this true then? Razz

Yup.

Funny how the weather works over here.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am

It snowed 2-4 inches a few days ago, but we got 2 days of low 40-something degree weather and rain that washed it all away. Today it's going to get to 28 F but next week it will be in the mid-high-40s. That's fine by me. This was supposed to be like the the winter of 2013-2014 were we got a ton of snow and cold, but it's shaping up to be more like the inter of 2011-2012 where we only had a few days of actual winter and it was more like a really long fall/autumn.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 7:57 pm

It's been in the low-40's to high 30's here. It's hasn't felt like winter in a while, which is odd for Michigan. This reminds me of how we barely had a winter in 2011-2012. Hopefully, we don't get a nasty turn of events like we had in 2015 when the winter was slightly better then average, but February was nasty for most of the month.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Winter came back here. So far, it's been remarkably gentle when it comes to the snow. It's a light dusting really. Sometimes it's a slow light snowfall yet other times it's a fast, yet still peaceful snowfall.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Is it sad I cant wait for spring?

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
To me, personally, wet summers are the best kind of summers.

So... yeah, imagine my dismay at how bright and warm it has been.
I'm exactly the same, lol! I love the cool showers that come in the summer.

As for my area, nothing but warm weather. The snow's even started to melt. I tell you, if we didn't get these brief intervals of sunshine, I'd go crazy from all the cold.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Is it sad I cant wait for spring?

A lot of people are like that when they age.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm a guy who loves thunderstorms. I could relax for hours listening to one. On the other hand, much like anyone else, not a fan of severe weather. Been lucky to avoid several tornados, but its always a threat around here, and more disturbingly, has been happening more and more closer to fall. I think we even had a tornado warning right before Christmas this year.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:18 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I'm a guy who loves thunderstorms. I could relax for hours listening to one. On the other hand, much like anyone else, not a fan of severe weather. Been lucky to avoid several tornados, but its always a threat around here, and more disturbingly, has been happening more and more closer to fall. I think we even had a tornado warning right before Christmas this year.

IIRC, in your JPL info, you said you live in Kentucky. I know that the weather is warmer there then it is up here in Michigan but wouldn't one think that end in September or early October?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

IIRC, in your JPL info, you said you live in Kentucky. I know that the weather is warmer there then it is up here in Michigan but wouldn't one think that end in September or early October?

We've had very warm winters lately. If anything makes me believe global warming, it's this. We'll maybe get our snow and cold weather late January through March. But like our Christmas Day was 65 degrees, while a week earlier it was 25. Today it was sleeting, but last week it got up to 70. Out weather around here is all kinds of screwed up.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:52 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

We've had very warm winters lately. If anything makes me believe global warming, it's this. We'll maybe get our snow and cold weather late January through March. But like our Christmas Day was 65 degrees, while a week earlier it was 25. Today it was sleeting, but last week it got up to 70. Out weather around here is all kinds of screwed up.

We had a warm Christmas in 2015, too. It was either 65 or 40 degrees. Unheard of for me. We also didn't have a true winter from 2011-2012. Just a few days of snow, and one long fall with some spring days that went right into spring. To be fair, we also had a fairly warm winter during 1999-2000, but at least we had a white Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 pm

I, like Michael Crichton, don't believe in Global Warming. Unlike him I think, I do believe in climate change. Climate is always changing, we are just accelerating it. Drastically. But the earth has also done that on its own--with the help of the sun. It is cyclical This has been about the warmest winter I have had ever--also set summer records but 2 years ago we had like 20 inches of snow in the winter.

Next year it might be freezing again. Or an el nino/la nina winter and get 30 inches of snow and pretty cool temps.

Glad it is pretty warm though.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Right now, it's 62 degrees. It's very warm for February, but nobody minds. I love it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Freezing for February here, only a top of 15.C today but feels like 8.C with the wind chill, this is Summer right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 12:56 pm

It's so nice out I'm sitting out in my backyard at the table with the laptop and Spotify going  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Sunny 'n bright afternoon, the sky is blue and the little birds are singing.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Still warm but winter sorta returns tomorrow...yay.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say, let's talk about that weather!    Say, let's talk about that weather!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say, let's talk about that weather!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next