Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:22 pm

I was browsing on JP Wiki it it mentioned how their was a hadrosaur skull in the T. rex nest and how this group deducted it was that of an Edmontosaurus/Anatotitan.

Given how Edmontosaurus was at Isla Sorna at one point and how the early storyboards had it in the movie, will we ever see a healthy population of and Edmontosaurus? I admit it's a semi-generic dinosaur, but it was/is the favorite food of T. rex so for that and the reasons I mentioned, it one would think that we should see a herd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:41 pm

I almost feel like the "Dinosaur" movie by Disney stole the thunder here. While that was about Igaunodons, the Edmontosaurus is so similar that I feel like they wouldn't bother to use it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:10 am

Spiegel wrote:
I almost feel like the "Dinosaur" movie by Disney stole the thunder here. While that was about Igaunodons, the Edmontosaurus is so similar that I feel like they wouldn't bother to use it.

But hasn't "Dinosaur" been semi-forgotten by now? Not only that, but the mixed herd idea that was proposed in JW (I'm pretty sure it was in JW.) is a good way to counter that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:31 pm

I'd imagine if Edmontosaurus was included, it would only be for being a prey item for one of the carnivores, like the Gallimimus or Parasaurolophus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:57 pm

yeah, if edmontos appear they won't be in a huge role; we'll get an extended cameo at best

as an aside, on the whole thing with Dinosaur, i seem to remember reading that the ceratosaur in JP/// was originally going to be a carnotaur but they changed it because they didn't want it to look like they were imitating Disney
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Probably not, since they want to put the same old "normal" dinosaurs, I think.

It's an incredible huge animal, that could even hurt/kill a T.rex with it's large tail. I would love to see an Edmontosaurus showing some carnivore who's boss. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:44 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

It's an incredible huge animal, that could even hurt/kill a T.rex with it's large tail. I would love to see an Edmontosaurus showing some carnivore who's boss. Razz

Its tail was that powerful. It could stun a T. rex and bruise, but not kill it. It wasn't like that of an Ankylosaurus or was it the size of that of Alamosaurus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Triceratops
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:13 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Its tail was that powerful. It could stun a T. rex and bruise, but not kill it. It wasn't like that of an Ankylosaurus or was it the size of that of Alamosaurus.

It was huge. It could hurt a T.rex if it wanted. The tail was huge and strong.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   

Back to top Go down

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1