Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Empty
PostSubject: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:22 pm

I was browsing on JP Wiki it it mentioned how their was a hadrosaur skull in the T. rex nest and how this group deducted it was that of an Edmontosaurus/Anatotitan.

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Latest?cb=20100601095306

Given how Edmontosaurus was at Isla Sorna at one point and how the early storyboards had it in the movie, will we ever see a healthy population of and Edmontosaurus? I admit it's a semi-generic dinosaur, but it was/is the favorite food of T. rex so for that and the reasons I mentioned, it one would think that we should see a herd.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:41 pm

I almost feel like the "Dinosaur" movie by Disney stole the thunder here. While that was about Igaunodons, the Edmontosaurus is so similar that I feel like they wouldn't bother to use it.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 10:10 am

Spiegel wrote:
I almost feel like the "Dinosaur" movie by Disney stole the thunder here. While that was about Igaunodons, the Edmontosaurus is so similar that I feel like they wouldn't bother to use it.

But hasn't "Dinosaur" been semi-forgotten by now? Not only that, but the mixed herd idea that was proposed in JW (I'm pretty sure it was in JW.) is a good way to counter that.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:31 pm

I'd imagine if Edmontosaurus was included, it would only be for being a prey item for one of the carnivores, like the Gallimimus or Parasaurolophus.

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:57 pm

yeah, if edmontos appear they won't be in a huge role; we'll get an extended cameo at best

as an aside, on the whole thing with Dinosaur, i seem to remember reading that the ceratosaur in JP/// was originally going to be a carnotaur but they changed it because they didn't want it to look like they were imitating Disney

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Probably not, since they want to put the same old "normal" dinosaurs, I think.

It's an incredible huge animal, that could even hurt/kill a T.rex with it's large tail. I would love to see an Edmontosaurus showing some carnivore who's boss. Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 6:44 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

It's an incredible huge animal, that could even hurt/kill a T.rex with it's large tail. I would love to see an Edmontosaurus showing some carnivore who's boss. Razz

Its tail was that powerful. It could stun a T. rex and bruise, but not kill it. It wasn't like that of an Ankylosaurus or was it the size of that of Alamosaurus.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 9:13 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Its tail was that powerful. It could stun a T. rex and bruise, but not kill it. It wasn't like that of an Ankylosaurus or was it the size of that of Alamosaurus.

It was huge. It could hurt a T.rex if it wanted. The tail was huge and strong.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?   Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will we ever see an Edmontosaurus herd in JW2/JP5?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: