Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Empty
PostSubject: Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.    Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 4:48 pm

We have a news thread, I'm well aware, but given the annoying history JP fans had with JW and this guy, feels appropriate to talk about this.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/devin-faraci-birth-movies-death-sexual-assault-1201885262/

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.    Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Pardon my unknowingness, but who is Devin Faraci and what is the bad history with him and JP fans?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.    Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 5:22 pm

While he was editor in chief of BirthMoviesDeath.com, Faraci he wrote a pretty disparaging review of Jurassic World, saying the script was terrible, that the effects sequences were phoned in, and claiming that the its "a movie that is kind of disgusted with its own existence"... yeah, talk about off-base.

Faraci's original Jurassic World review

But the review itself, while it did bother me at the time, is not a particularly strong reason to actively hate on the guy. He's an ass throughout most of his career and thats how he generates clicks and views, be being a dick. But these charges of sexual harassment really shock me, that is low, despicable and sick. I don't care if he hates Jurassic World or any other movie I liked in the last five years, he committed a terrible crime and screw him.

Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.    Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 7:09 pm

It wasn't the JW that was the problem, most of us can accept criticism even if we disagree. Aside from other online battles he fought, when JW kept climbing at the box office, he was constantly being combative over it, calling out people who loved it, and being an asshole in many tweets acting like he was the only one with the right opinion.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.    Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Finally. We all knew this was coming given his character but yeah. Not surprised.

Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.    Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 11:06 pm

I hate to be bitter, but man does this feel poetic.

Devin Faraci accused of sexual assault.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: