Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:09 pm

I think i still have it on VHS tape from where my mom recorded it as a kid, but i have never been able to find the source of it.

Basically it was a few weeks before JP3 came out and i remember my parents recorded JP for me as i had never seen it. Anyway it features Sam Neil in commercial breaks and i think he's standing in front of a jungle set with some of the animatronics behind him. And he was giving facts about the dinos and promoting JP3.

My memory might be a little hazy on it but i think i still have it on tape. I have looked everywhere and can't find it on the internet. I remember my young self thinking it was cool and it would nice to see it archived.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:13 pm

It might be the jurassic mandela effect where the universe moved on without you as well

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
It might be the jurassic mandela effect where the universe moved on without you as well

Lol! Yea I've had a some of those weird experiences lately.

But I just found the tape! I'm going to dig out the VHS player tomorrow if I remember.  
And then I'll put my memory to the test.

If I'm correct I should probably upload it somewhere like YouTube or put it on a DVD atleast. I know most everyone besides me doesn't care about JP3 but I remember the little feature being really cool as a kid. Too cool to lose. I'll let you know what I find.

Edit: I'm not even sure what prompted me to all the sudden remember this and make the post in the fist place..... I guess I was just thinking back about how I got into JP
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 pm

All right, take some pics, maybe try to get it to a youtube video if you can? That way everyone an share about it. Yeah its a cool feature.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Speaking of Neill's JP3 promotion, anyone have old interviews of him claiming that the film was going to be "much much scarier" than the first two films? I remember reading that in summer of 2001 in local magazine and getting excited... and afterwards really disappointed when it was complete BS. It was almost as bad as all the praising hype for Phantom Menace in 1999 before it came out (I forever remember the line I read from local magazine: "Not quite as good as Empire, but better than Jedi" Razz)
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 4:37 pm

When it comes to hyping up a film's fear factor, the fans are the best judges of that. And to be honest, the first film remains the scariest of the bunch, and it will be very impressive if the Bayona film is able to come close to it's tension and scares.

Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 5:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc5IpSgFZ7c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:24 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
When it comes to hyping up a film's fear factor, the fans are the best judges of that. And to be honest, the first film remains the scariest of the bunch, and it will be very impressive if the Bayona film is able to come close to it's tension and scares.

It's kind of interesting that the fear factor never really comes up in discussion when it comes to JP, but it's still arguably very much there in the first film. Not so much in the rest, JP3 plays more like slasher comedy adventure and JW is popcorn. TLW was darker overall yes, which some have also said was detrimental to it's value, but not really in scares I'd say. I wonder if Spielberg had gone into TLW more in James Cameron mood and made it not only tonally darker but with actual scares in midst of action, perhaps the film would've been appreciated more by general audiences. Even ifi t'd been even more different from JP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?   Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else remember Sam Neill promoting JP3 in this way ?
Page 1 of 1