Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't why, but every fiber of my being wants a JW2 deleted scene on the DVD where James Cromwell says "That'll do Blue, That'll do" just for the sake of it.

I need this....... :p

Also. If you want more cringe check this out.

https://youtu.be/b8PbZh1q5FE

I was watching these guys on collider video discuss James Cromwell being Hammond's partner and he talks for a few minutes and says something like "well I dont think they are copying Hammond but Richard is like 90 and too old to come back, so they needed this type of character ". 

The other guy lets him go on before breaking it to him "he thinks" that actor is dead actually and he has to google it.... awkward....   they definitely didn't do their homework before this panel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:09 pm

That "panel"... and their "experts"... oh god I want to kill my self. You know sometimes when watching RLM's amazing "Nerd Crew" I forget how laughable the shows they are doing parody of really are. You know crap like Screen Junkies, and Collider here. It's so bad it's embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:07 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Chris Pugh (ChrislikesDinos) said on Twitter yesterday he believes there is also a Rexy animatronic! Cool

Just if curiosity, does this Chris guy delete his tweets after a bit? Because everytime I go searching for something someone says he's put up I can never find it lol.

And yes @Mistral. Red letter media is a god send.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Chris Pugh (ChrislikesDinos) said on Twitter yesterday he believes there is also a Rexy animatronic! Cool

Just if curiosity, does this Chris guy delete his tweets after a bit? Because everytime I go searching for something someone says he's put up I can never find it lol.

If you have to ask....

lol!

Also guys, next time there is a officially released video or interview that drops a major thing like the Lockwood connection to hammond, that can go fine in its own thread.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:44 am

My friends we have animatronics. On mobile but pics are going very on social media.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 am

Troyal1 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

He posted about it a couple of days ago in reply to someone on his feed, he said he believes there is one even if it is just a head?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 am

Troyal1 wrote:

I was watching these guys on collider video discuss James Cromwell being Hammond's partner and he talks for a few minutes and says something like "well I dont think they are copying Hammond but Richard is like 90 and too old to come back, so they needed this type of character ". 

The other guy lets him go on before breaking it to him "he thinks" that actor is dead actually and he has to google it.... awkward....   they definitely didn't do their homework before this panel.

Oh, freaking GOD, I hated that! One of them, Perri, is a bona-fide Jurassic fan, so I imagine she would have spoken up and it would not have taken one of them to do a bloody google search to confirm that Richard Attenborough is no longer around! That was so frustrating!

The one thing in that video that did get me wondering, was how much of Lockwood's character and role in the plot will retro-actively change the way we see Hammond? This could go either way, potentially aligning nicely with what we've seen of him in the first couple of films, or subversion for its own sake thus dismantling the character.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:40 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

The one thing in that video that did get me wondering, was how much of Lockwood's character and role in the plot will retro-actively change the way we see Hammond? This could go either way, potentially aligning nicely with what we've seen of him in the first couple of films, or subversion for its own sake thus dismantling the character.
I hope they don't radically change our perspective on Hammond. Even his mention in JW makes some sense. I'd hate it if he's actually like his novel self or something like that.
Nice to have more animatronics, by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I don't why, but every fiber of my being wants a JW2 deleted scene on the DVD where James Cromwell says "That'll do Blue, That'll do" just for the sake of it.

I need this....... :p

Love how the mainstream media just reports Goldblum news pretending they are JP fans. It's perfectly normal for those guys to know nothing except "Goldblum is black". Laughing

I don't even watch these because of that. 

Doubt Lockwood is a Hammond type of guy. Makes no sense. He wants the dinosaurs and wants to make more dinosaurs. WHO in the right mind would want to make more dinosaurs after what happened in JP and JW? I'm almost sure he's a darker version, a guy who doesn't care about anything else. That's what I want to see, too.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 2:55 pm

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/familiar-dinosaurs-photographed-the-set-jurassic-world-2
So, Stegosaurus... Yay! And then there's the one covered up, what do y'all think it is? It looks like an Ankylosaurus, but chances are it's another Stegosaur.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Océane wrote:
http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/familiar-dinosaurs-photographed-the-set-jurassic-world-2
So, Stegosaurus... Yay! And then there's the one covered up, what do y'all think it is? It looks like an Ankylosaurus, but chances are it's another Stegosaur.

It REALLY looks like an Anky. Same body shape, spikes in the right place.

Also, remember that Ankylosaurus is Colin's favorite dinosaur. Not shocked at all that it would be included again.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Océane wrote:

It REALLY looks like an Anky. Same body shape, spikes in the right place.

Also, remember that Ankylosaurus is Colin's favorite dinosaur. Not shocked at all that it would be included again.

It makes sense. The only Ankylosaurus that died was the alpha and I.rex wouldn't have wanted to take on a herd of them like she did with those Apatosaurus's. That and nether Rexy or Blue would want to take them on either.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Is it wrong for me to want to see someone get clubbed by an Anky and go flying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

I'm sure there are fan fics around where that happened to Kirbys in JP3 already

And then mr Kirby landed in some bush and said in monotone voice: "Ouh. That really hurt". And they continued walking somewhere immediately like nothing had happened.

Well okay that's what the actual lame film version would have been, in fan fiction he'd landed to bee hive and got paralyzed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

If anything, the impact would probably cause somebody to burst into pieces. If anything else, that work work with a Stegosaurus, but only it they get hit in the small space between the tail spikes.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

If anything, the impact would probably cause somebody to burst into pieces. If anything else, that work work with a Stegosaurus, but only it they get hit in the small space between the tail spikes.

Considering that in the latest movie Mosasaurus is apparently the size of ocean liner and the still featherless Utahraptors-wannabes can be tamed and communicate almost telepathically, among million other things, I don't think anyone not objecting to those aspects already is going to mind Ankylosaurus strike not being mortal.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm loving all those dinosaurs appearing...Man, everyday some news unfold. I'm loving it.

Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 5:20 am

Let's just hope for no more tail dragging Stegosaurus. That's my biggest problem with JW's CGI. the previous movies even got it right!General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Stego10

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 am

Mistral wrote:

Considering that in the latest movie Mosasaurus is apparently the size of ocean liner and the still featherless Utahraptors-wannabes can be tamed and communicate almost telepathically, among million other things, I don't think anyone not objecting to those aspects already is going to mind Ankylosaurus strike not being mortal.[/quote]

You mean this ocean liner sized Mosasaurus?

Spoiler:

@ Océane, Also, fair point about the Stegosaurus tail continuity. What I liked about them in The Lost World is that the design team actually didn't follow the original concept art to a tee, and modified the tail so it would be more accurate.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 am

I wanted it to b a mortal blow. But obviously I guess they couldn't show it very well.

Like have someone at the edge of the screen and you see it strike them off camera and hear a crunch.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:35 am

Exotic dinosaurs confirmed!!!

Stygi is in!! Yay!!!

I'm so freaking excited! Can't belive I'll get new dinosaurs!!  bounce

https://twitter.com/rjvnk/status/858687280856391685

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:10 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

That is to say, 60-80 feet long, compared to a 50 ft long Indominus Rex. Huge? Absolutely. But not exactly Titanic sized.

Lol I hadn't actually seen that shot since the theater, but that just opens up another continuity error. It looks like humongous ocean liner when at the exhibition, you know something 19th century scientists would imagine, but magically transforms smaller later on? What kind of cartoon logic is that?

Just like in Asylum's Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus lol... You know in one instance the shark is size of the ocean, literally, and then it can be fitted on top of some truck later on...
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 am

Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

That is to say, 60-80 feet long, compared to a 50 ft long Indominus Rex. Huge? Absolutely. But not exactly Titanic sized.
It looks like humongous ocean liner when at the exhibition, you know something 19th century scientists would imagine, but magically transforms smaller later on?
It really doesn't look like an ocean liner at the exhibition. The size of the Mosasaurus between that scene and the finale looks basically the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:25 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

It looks like humongous ocean liner when at the exhibition, you know something 19th century scientists would imagine, but magically transforms smaller later on?
It really doesn't look like an ocean liner at the exhibition. The size of the Mosasaurus between that scene and the finale looks basically the same.

Not to me

Anyway

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_nfzi0jCx7I1r9lwfp
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 am

Mistral wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Not to me

Anyway

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_nfzi0jCx7I1r9lwfp

JurassiRaptor Analysis on Mosasaurus Size Descrepency

The most important thing he brings up is that from the perspective of Zach & Gray, and that of the audience, the Mosasaurus looks a LOT bigger than it actually is because it's closer in relation to the brothers than it is in relation to the show presenter. Which also means that this isn't an endangered Great White that is being lowered in but a smaller shark species.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_nfzi54Uhxw1r9lwfp

Moreover this is more consistent with factual presentations of the actual size of Mosasaurus and in relation to the Indominus. No shrinking required.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:42 am

He is using shots from the trailer, not the movie where it was heavily altered. It's MUCH closer to the announcer in the film and differently positioned.

Also they (Trevorrow and whoever) already said them to be cloned white sharks, didn't they? Plus in the close ups, before it's eaten, it clearly is one. And not some juvenile.

As for the whole idea, seems like someone trying to excuse it with convoluted means. But whatever, what do I know.

Last edited by Mistral on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 am

Looks like I'm the only one hyped with the Stygi thing... Sad

No one likes exotic dinos.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:47 am

Mistral wrote:
1. He is using shots from the trailer, not the movie. It's much closer to the announcer in the film.

2. Also they (Trevorrow and whoever) already said them to be cloned white sharks, didn't they? Plus in the close ups, before it's eaten, it clearly is one.

3. As for the whole idea, seems like someone trying to excuse it with convoluted means. But whatever, what do I know.
1. Looking up screencaps, the distance between it and the presenter remains the same in the film.
2. Yeah, but no one said it's a full-grown 6-meter long white shark.
3. It seems like someone at least trying to explain it with rational means to me. I don't think I agree with him, though.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:49 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one hyped with the Stygi thing... Sad

No one likes exotic dinos.

Hey, I am hyped for the Stygi too! Just got a bit caught up in another debate, is all. Embarassed

With a long name like Stygimoloch, I wonder how exactly they will pronounce its name in the movie, if indeed they do. There aren't that many dinosaur names with more syllables than Pachycephalosaurus. Plus, I'm all for adding more obscure species to the JP canon. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

1. Looking up screencaps, the distance between it and the presenter remains the same in the film.

What?

1080p trailer vs 1080p movie, same angle:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next