Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Maybe there is a scene where he falls into or encounters water that doesn't involve a sub?
Why am I imagining he falls into some tank full of dino embryos.  Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 3:27 am

It could be a scene involving a Baryonyx attack.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:49 pm

According to reel news Hawaii. They are gearing up for filming and there are (not big spoilers)

Spoiler:

I know it's not much but it's news.

https://instagram.com/p/BU0NDz1j-rZ/
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 pm

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1666990/why-jurassic-world-2-will-be-scarier-than-jurassic-world

Colin Trevorrow wrote:
J.A Bayona is very good at [creating scares]. There are things that he'll just do with a shadow, or a rustling curtain on a wall. He's so tapped into that kind of fear, especially the fear through the eyes of child. Which, you know, he and I are just simpatico. We may be the mirrors of each other. It is by far the most satisfying collaboration of my life.

Colin Trevorrow wrote:
First of all I think the mainstream loves being scared, and I think the scares in the first movie were made to make children think like they were seeing something horrifying, that their parents shouldn't be allowing them to see. We have that a little bit here. But there's also that same big, fun adventure, sweeping, romantic kind of action in part of the movie. That people seemingly responded really well to. We're not throwing it all way, but we're definitely going to some new places.

TL;DR It will be scarier than JW.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 12:17 am

I seem to remember him saying something similar months ago.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 1:47 am

I think Colin was talking about JP, not JW when mentioning the "first movie" so if this film is more in vein with JP than JW in terms of mood & suspense we are in for a treat especially with Bayona's pedigree as Colin mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 3:17 am

dance2nite wrote:
I think Colin was talking about JP, not JW when mentioning the "first movie" so if this film is more in vein with JP than JW in terms of mood & suspense we are in for a treat especially with Bayona's pedigree as Colin mentioned.

Hmm it was Bayona and Pratt that said this and he mentioned 'the previous films' when mentioning the scarier bit and he said this back in April

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/chris-pratt-teases-scarier-darker-jurassic-world-sequel-w478134

So yeah not really excited bc the 'scarier' thing is just a rehash of a statement that was made earlier.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Unsure how much of a spoiler this is, but 'Auction guest' just got found not the IMDB listing for JW2

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 5:06 pm

I wonder if the auction could be at Lockwood's Manor - perhaps they're auctioning off old InGen technology, or even dinosaurs? This would make Lockwood seem somewhat insane, but ya never know.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 5:59 pm

So an auction...Lockwood selling the dinos. Amazing, just amazing. That will be a great villain. I'm so hyped.

I can't wait  to see what he and Wu are planning to.  Cool

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 6:24 pm

I think I'm really interested in who the buyers are..... would be really cool to see some black market type stuff go down and see people trying to purchase animals or technology for other countries, rich billionaires and other high ranking people in society.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Colin talks more about Bayona & the sequel :

"He is a different director but it’s interesting, we have so many similar instincts as far as suspense and family and fears of childhood and the perspective that we want to tell the story from that even though I wrote the film, it’s J.A.’s movie from start to finish. He’s just – the film looks beautiful and is exciting. We’re using more animatronics because I learned so much about how they can be utilized, so I built scenes that would allow us to use them – because they can’t run, these are the lessons. Belén Atienza has been great as well, and it’s just been something that we’ve all delved in and tried to make something deeper and richer and ideally better. I’m going to be the hype man for this movie, I think it’s going to be a better movie – sorry.

That was by far the most rewarding creative experience of my life, just making a movie for another director who I respect. And I built it for him, so it’s different than maybe even the movie I would have written for myself. [It’s] a Spanish horror/thriller with dinosaurs in it. And I loved doing it."

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-colin-trevorrow-sequel-better/

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I think I'm really interested in who the buyers are..... would be really cool to see some black market type stuff go down and see people trying to purchase animals or technology for other countries, rich billionaires and other high ranking people in society.

Yeah and this is starting to make me wonder if this is what happens to the dinosaurs who are rescued in the 'save the dinosaurs' plot line.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 2:32 am

dance2nite wrote:
Colin talks more about Bayona & the sequel :

"He is a different director but it’s interesting, we have so many similar instincts as far as suspense and family and fears of childhood and the perspective that we want to tell the story from that even though I wrote the film, it’s J.A.’s movie from start to finish. He’s just – the film looks beautiful and is exciting. We’re using more animatronics because I learned so much about how they can be utilized, so I built scenes that would allow us to use them – because they can’t run, these are the lessons. Belén Atienza has been great as well, and it’s just been something that we’ve all delved in and tried to make something deeper and richer and ideally better. I’m going to be the hype man for this movie, I think it’s going to be a better movie – sorry.

That was by far the most rewarding creative experience of my life, just making a movie for another director who I respect. And I built it for him, so it’s different than maybe even the movie I would have written for myself. [It’s] a Spanish horror/thriller with dinosaurs in it. And I loved doing it."

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-colin-trevorrow-sequel-better/

This got me pretty hyped. It must be tricky giving people a satisfying answer without spoiling details this far back.
Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

And maybe rival companies...uh BioSyn anyone?

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 2:36 pm

K_Ozz92 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

And maybe rival companies...uh BioSyn anyone?
Exactly that! That is what I'm hoping for. 

Even if they don't name it that company(although they definitely should, it's time for them).
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Its clear at this point that Lockwood is probably the guy who is organizing the auction, and number 2, that he is doing this out of spite for some wrong he imagines Hammond to have done this.

At least thats my theory.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Its clear at this point that Lockwood is probably the guy who is organizing the auction, and number 2, that he is doing this out of spite for some wrong he imagines Hammond to have done this.

At least thats my theory.

I wonder where Biosyn fits in to all this. It was implied that Ingen/Masrani was no longer the only company to create dinosaurs and that Hoskins, and eventually Wu, were working for somebody else. Not only that, given what we know about the new hybrid, I can't help but wonder if...

Spoiler:

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Biosyn won't appear I think. Pretty much it'll be about Lockwood, his past with Hammond, and Wu too.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Biosyn won't appear I think. Pretty much it'll be about Lockwood, his past with Hammond, and Wu too.

I think so too but I wonder how characters like Daniella, Ted, Toby & Rafe fit into all this? Are they working for Lockwood too or another company? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I think so too but I wonder how characters like Daniella, Ted, Toby & Rafe fit into all this? Are they working for Lockwood too or another company? scratch

I think its like this.

Toby is a scientist working with Wu, Rafe and Ted are on the team that goes to the island and so is Daniella. Daniella has a personal connection to either Lockwood/Wu and is a mole for Lockwood.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 8:13 pm

I can't see Toby being anything other than a scientist. He's hard to imagine as someone rounding up dinosaurs lol.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:46 am

Maybe Ted's character (Franklin?) is like a novel Dodgson/game hunter/trophy collector Roland Tembo type character who wants some of the Dinosaurs at Lockwood's possible auction?

Toby I agree is most likely working alongside Wu as a scientist, also seems from leaked filming footage of the night time helicopter scene that Rafe is in a scene with them too so he could be a scientist also?

Daniella describes her character as "original & badass", so she could be a spy for Lockwood?

Lucy could either be Lockwood's granddaughter or Rafe's daughter (as they cast an English girl in the role & he is English)

Geraldine is most likely Lockwood's wife as she has scenes with Cromwell & they are roughly the same age.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 6:11 am

Well, if there are more scientists, that will be great!  Very Happy

@K_Ozz92: I loved your signature.  Best lines. Cool

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 1:15 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Maybe Ted's character (Franklin?) is like a novel Dodgson/game hunter/trophy collector Roland Tembo type character who wants some of the Dinosaurs at Lockwood's possible auction?

Toby I agree is most likely working alongside Wu as a scientist, also seems from leaked filming footage of the night time helicopter scene that Rafe is in a scene with them too so he could be a scientist also?

Daniella describes her character as "original & badass", so she could be a spy for Lockwood?

Lucy could either be Lockwood's granddaughter or Rafe's daughter (as they cast an English girl in the role & he is English)

Geraldine is most likely Lockwood's wife as she has scenes with Cromwell & they are roughly the same age.

Yeah I agree with what you said, these seem reasonable...Rafe is probably on the team though that goes to the island, i don't know. Probably dies early. Also Ted could be that type of character but he is one of the guys we know least about.

And yeah, Ive been saying from the start that Daniella is likely to be a villain. I mean we've never seen a 'spy' type character, at least not one that betrays the group after earning their trust... so that could be an interesting angle. As Daniella has had much more shooting days then even Bryce this makes me wonder if they will do a full arc for her in this film.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 pm

I don't get something. If Masrani owns Ingen and thus the islands. How does Lockwood fit in to all of this? Does he become the new head of Masrani?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I don't get something. If Masrani owns Ingen and thus the islands. How does Lockwood fit in to all of this? Does he become the new head of Masrani?

My guess is Lockwood is on the board somewhere, as he was involved enough to be early partners with Hammond to create the dinosaur originally...so maybe the loss of Masrani leaves a new power vacuum to the point where he's able to influence board members

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but couldn't/wouldn't Masrani/Ingen just be leasing the islands from Costa Rica?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but couldn't/wouldn't Masrani/Ingen just be leasing the islands from Costa Rica?

I could see them buying the islands. I mean, I don't see what the Costa Rican government would want with them. And given how they barely have a military, it wouldn't be enough to protect the other islands, which IIRC, are being protected by the U.S. Military.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:17 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/398763-jurassic-world-2-colin-trevorrow#/slide/1

Colin talks a bit here about his work for JW2

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next