Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3

Go down 
+35
Sickle_Claw
IllOrfanato
Tyrant Lizard
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
V.a.nublarensis
Gondrasia
Amanasaur Rex
AJFU
TRK/TrexKing
JP_Korea
CT-1138
brunofernando
Robotpo
NolaJP
K_Ozz92
The Geeky Zoologist
BoulderFaceplant
Baryonyx111
Trexbreakout
deinocoop
DinoMike
Bbrink1996
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Levine
Océane
Spinosaur4.4
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
Oviraptor
TheDreamMaster
Dr. Wu
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Isn't the filming over in London though?

I believe it is. I believe this to be a #TBT because as you well know, Hawaii is part of America and uses American electrical outlets which look very, very different then the outlet used in this picture.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Hope it's UK/London. Really hope so.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 2:34 pm

My first thought when i saw that pic was that it was in London. It has the same tent seen in other London behind the scene pics.
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
Isn't the filming over in London though?

I believe it is. I believe this to be a #TBT because as you well know, Hawaii is part of America and uses American electrical outlets which look very, very different then the outlet used in this picture.

Oh, I forgot today is Thursday. He didn't use the hashtag, tho.
But I think you're right, this is probably in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm so glad it's just the UK. Bastards were overreacting on Twitter saying it was Hawaii, I almost died. Take that now. I always laugh in the end lol  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 pm

My guess is that it's second unit still shooting in London, while the first unit has wrapped. Second unit would probably be shooting something like a TV interview with Malcolm or the like...something fairly minor that the director wouldn't do himself.

Last edited by Robotpo on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm

So now that the reviews for The Book of Henry are through and now we know they are very negative, how do you think this will affect JW2? I know Trevorrow didn't write The Book of Henry, but he is writing JW2 and apparently, TBOH suffered from lots of tonal changes. Could this perhaps bleed into the screenplay for JW2?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm

The reviews of Trevorrow's movie are all negative/bad? Wow didn't knew about it. He's not good at writing characters, that I can say for sure.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
The reviews of Trevorrow's movie are all negative/bad? Wow didn't knew about it. He's not good at writing characters, that I can say for sure.

They're actually not. Jurassic World received mostly positive reviews, Safety Not Guaranteed was critically acclaimed. This is his first real critical bomb. Also, he didn't write The Book of Henry, he directed it. But I thought it'd still be worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:41 pm

When I say he's bad at writing characters I'm talking about JW XD. I fear a lot for JW2 since it's Trevorrow and ugh Derek writing the characters.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
When I say he's bad at writing characters I'm talking about JW XD. I fear a lot for JW2 since it's Trevorrow and ugh Derek writing the characters.

Well, it was pointed out on Twitter that they've done some re-writes this time. Apparently, on the first Jurassic World, they just went with what Trevorrow and Conolly wrote pretty much right away. This time, they've made changes, so hopefully, they've fixed any glaring issues in the script and added some extra depth to the characters.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Well, it was pointed out on Twitter that they've done some re-writes this time. Apparently, on the first Jurassic World, they just went with what Trevorrow and Conolly wrote pretty much right away. This time, they've made changes, so hopefully, they've fixed any glaring issues in the script and added some extra depth to the characters.

Well the rewrites are all at the end apparently so yeah....

also. Book of Henry is rotten at 24 percent.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Well the rewrites are all at the end apparently so yeah....

also. Book of Henry is rotten at 24 percent.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry

Mostly*
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Man it hurts to see his movie get that kind of reception, but he took a big risk tackling that script, I don't think most directors would be able to handle the shifts the story needed.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Ouch. Sucks for Trevs.

What are people saying the issues with the film are?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 6:52 pm

So it is official that Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are making re writes to the Jurassic World 2 script?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Ouch. Sucks for Trevs.

What are people saying the issues with the film are?

The tonal shifts, the weirdness, the quirkiness, the attempts at tearjerking the audience and the plot in general. Apparently, it was well-acted, so that means Trevorrow was able to get good performances. It seems like the writing is what blew it, though. If the script is bad, no director will save it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm starting to think if JW's success was more of a Spielberg movie (albeit one that wasn't like his others) via him being the Executive Producer rather then Trevorrow's directing/writing. It's like how Justice League is more of Ben Affleck's movie via him being the Executive Producer rather then being Zach Snyder's and now Joss Whedon's movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 7:34 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So it is official that Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are making re writes to the Jurassic World 2 script?

No, according to Jurassic Outpost the rewrites most likely happened last Summer under Bayona's guidance.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 9:10 pm

dance2nite wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

No, according to Jurassic Outpost the rewrites most likely happened last Summer under Bayona's guidance.
Which makes the leaks most likely are still true! Since they would be based on the most recent rewrite.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Which makes the leaks most likely are still true! Since they would be based on the most recent rewrite.

This would also mean that Bayona has far more power into making this movie then what we ever thought. I like this news. Hopefully, the next director is more like him via having more power into making the movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 2:44 am

Going by Reel Tours Hawaii's latest set pics, the volcano (Mt.Sibo) erupting is all but officially confirmed, there is lots of smoke burning all over the landscape.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 am

So with Claire and Owen back, Rexy and Blue back, Isla Nublar back, Dr Malcolm back, Dr Wu back, Gyrospheres back, the old park back, and no hints of anything Isla Sorna related...

Is it safe to say that we are in for yet another sequel that will only have connections to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World and no connection whatsoever to The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 ?

(I am just asking out of curiosity).

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Chris Stuckmann gave The Book of Henry a B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pC1AqgmVA&t=220s

And on Rotten Tomatoes the audience score for the film is currently at 73%.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So with Claire and Owen back, Rexy and Blue back, Isla Nublar back, Dr Malcolm back, Dr Wu back, Gyrospheres back, the old park back, and no hints of anything Isla Sorna related...

Is it safe to say that we are in for yet another sequel that will only have connections to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World and no connection whatsoever to The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 ?

All that can be said without going into leaks or spoilers is that it's been said Sorna should at least be getting a mention.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Here's an interesting article about JW2/JP5 possibly getting a new ending.

Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:03 pm

New role, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3016166/?ref_=tt_cl_t12

Robert Emms ... Jack
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:

Critics gave it a 25 percent.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry/

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

Critics gave it a 25 percent.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry/

Yup. It appears to be another case of critics vs. audiences.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 10:52 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

All that can be said without going into leaks or spoilers is that it's been said Sorna should at least be getting a mention.

Yeah but that´s about it...Everything else seems to point out at a sequel that will only have connections to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World with so many elements from those movies returning.

And I am not opposed to Jurassic World 2 having a lot of connections to JP and JW. (I love nostalgia) What I find dissapointing is it having no connection to The Lost World...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next