Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!

Go down 
+26
jaml655
Bbrink1996
Island Queen
Baryonyx111
MrDNA
Sickle_Claw
tigris115
Dragon Scales
1morey
LostWorld
V.a.nublarensis
TyrannoFan
EchoGreen
Chopperface
Megaspino2
sdp
K_Ozz92
Dinonerd343
Dead2009
Gondrasia
JPGrid06
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Zilla8844
CT-1138
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 10:46 am

LostWorld wrote:
Just give me JPOG with updated physics engine, remove the lid on its constraints, day-night cycle, allow for a dedicated modding community, and go from there. And a Site B mode is a must.

On modern gaming consoles and PCs, I'd be surprised if at least 4/5 of those didn't make it in

It's nice to see the Jurassic Park/World park-building brand is being picked up by a AAA developer that's very experienced in park sims. It looks like they are established fans of the franchise, which is promising.

I'm curious about the 5 Deaths also playing part in this game. Will they serve as Site B locations or also templates for parks you can build? Also will Isla Sorna come with the environments and locations from the movies? Time to start the countdown to the Frontier expo I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 pm

You can bet I'll be grabbing a copy of this game. I don't care if it sucks, I'll play it. I've been waiting for this for so long. Honestly I don't think it's going to suck. I'm so hyped; this is like my dream come true.!

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Oh hey, the official JWE sub-forum. Nice.

It would've really sealed it if "Operation" was in the title too. Then we'd know for sure that Frontier has taken a good look at and will draw inspiration from JPOG, as well as retaining the charm and spirit of that game, while they add so many other things.

At least feedback about what the fans would like for the game is being acknowledged by the team. If the base game turns out to be fantastic, then modding may not be a need. In-game customization tools could work. But, if it gets boring quickly, like vanilla JPOG did for me, then they need to open it up for the community so that it can be kept alive indefinitely.

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 6:27 pm

LostWorld wrote:
Oh hey, the official JWE sub-forum. Nice.

It would've really sealed it if "Operation" was in the title too. Then we'd know for sure that Frontier has taken a good look at and will draw inspiration from JPOG, as well as retaining the charm and spirit of that game, while they add so many other things.

At least feedback about what the fans would like for the game is being acknowledged by the team. If the base game turns out to be fantastic, then modding may not be a need. In-game customization tools could work. But, if it gets boring quickly, like vanilla JPOG did for me, then they need to open it up for the community so that it can be kept alive indefinitely.    

Modding will always be a thing. Even if it turns out great there will be skins people will want to change, maybe buildings, weather, adding things etc. It won't be a perfect game because creating the perfect JP sim building game is impossible. I do believe it will be a good game (Frontier did great on RTC3, even the base game is fun) but there will be things to change and add. RTC3 is quite modable though, so I would imagine this game would be easy to mod; at the very least easier than JPOG.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah, I hope that Frontier understands that this game should be open for the community. There's a part of me that feels that they (at the order of Universal) will deliberately withhold content so that JP/JW games can be milked by having unnecessary sequels. I don't think that there should ever be a JWE2 when the first can remain open for years, with added content over time (pending future films). I had only mentioned "need" because I've read that Frontier usually hasn't offered mod support for their games - but I'm not familiar with any of those.

Agreed, creating the perfect JP/JW sim building game is impossible. I would, however, at least like to also have the option of some in-game tools of some level (like skin color/design, sounds, modifiable behaviors,etc.) so that I can play around with some things without having to rely 100% on experienced modders.

But yeah, mod/workshop support all the way.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Frontier's other park simulator, Planet Coaster, has Steam Workshop support.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/493340/workshop/

Not sure where anyone is expecting there not to be any community support for the game.

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:59 pm

I forgot they did Planet Coaster too; then there's probably nothing to worry about. Planet Coaster had so much customization for your own theme park. I can only imagine what they can do with a JP sim builder. I'm even more excited now!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 9:27 am

Game is coming out June 12th
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03/16/park-management-sim-jurassic-world-evolution-now-has-a-release-date/

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 5:56 pm

So they just got a T.rex video out where the T.rex kills the Spinosaurus. Really? I hate this fandom so much sometimes. Then people ask me why I'm not putting a Tyrannosaurus in my park.

Rolling Eyes

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 7:51 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
So they just got a T.rex video out where the T.rex kills the Spinosaurus. Really? I hate this fandom so much sometimes. Then people ask me why I'm not putting a Tyrannosaurus in my park.

Rolling Eyes

Is still still something worth discussing? 17 years after the fact, hasn't the topic been discussed to death? Must we drag it into this game as well? Can't we just enjoy the game without bringing the whole Rex vs Spino debate into it?

The fact that people are still clamoring on about this both confuses and disgusts me.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:26 am

People are going to make them fight in game and probably record it anyway, nonetheless people need to stop letting this affect their lives. IT. WAS. A. MOVIE.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:40 pm

So they seem very vague on different colours for animals and if breeding is a thing. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 4:55 am

There will be different skin colors based on biomes like arid or savanna. Breeding will not be happening. All the dinosaurs will be female.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 1:04 am

A colour selector would be better.

Hopefully Sorna has a sandbox site B mode also.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Bbrink1996 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Is still still something worth discussing? 17 years after the fact, hasn't the topic been discussed to death? Must we drag it into this game as well? Can't we just enjoy the game without bringing the whole Rex vs Spino debate into it?

The fact that people are still clamoring on about this both confuses and disgusts me.

Well, yes, people are so PETTY that they still whine about this scene 17 years latter. And look what we get. I'm enjoying this game, actually I'm loving everything about it and plan on playing it soon. But this is an issue I have because CLEARLY there's a bias going on.

Can someone please explain this? Why Spinosaurus is smaller than the T.rex when even in JP canon Spinosaurus is pratically the same size as a T.rex?
Spoiler:

There's no doubt this is Universal's doing. Congrats to all the whiny fanboys, you made a game team reduce the size of a dinosaur just because of a petty fight 17 years ago. I mean, of course this is bias but okay, I won't stop enjoying the game because of that. Just hope they don't also reduce Indominus size too.

Sorry just needed to rant?

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!   Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: Evolution Reveal Trailer; Release Date is June 12th!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2