Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.

Go down 
+2
Tyrant Lizard
Robotpo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 7:45 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I really felt this loss a lot.... I loved him as Odo, rest in peace Odo....

It's weird. I've actually been binge watching Deep Space 9 over the past month. It's a fantastic and underrated series, and Rene is obviously fantastic in it.

I actually consider it to be the best of the Star Trek shows.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 11:25 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

It's weird. I've actually been binge watching Deep Space 9 over the past month. It's a fantastic and underrated series, and Rene is obviously fantastic in it.

You know, we actually agree on something for once here. Razz I do like how DS9 wasnt afraid to be extremely morally grey at times. Episodes like in the Pale Moonlight, etc really showed what lengths Sisko would go to.

Also yeah to get on topic, Rene really was fantastic as Odo, his whole character journey was simply amazing, from being a security officer to being in the center of a galactic conflict.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

You know, we actually agree on something for once here. Razz I do like how DS9 wasnt afraid to be extremely morally grey at times. Episodes like in the Pale Moonlight, etc really showed what lengths Sisko would go to.

Also yeah to get on topic, Rene really was fantastic as Odo, his whole character journey was simply amazing, from being a security officer to being in the center of a galactic conflict.

It's a real miracle. Laughing

Seriously, another interesting angle is how they got away from the mostly deist, if not atheistic, tone TNG had and really put the spotlight on religion in a positive way. Yes, TOS shows had some examples of religion being put on a positive light, the end of Bread And Circuses being an example, but these are rare.

It was different, but it kept what made the first two Trek series so great.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 5:47 pm

DS9 was also the first show to really put together linear plot lines that encompassed multiple episodes and even seasons. It's something that hadn't really been done in Trek, and hasn't been done as well since.

I get the impression that Discovery is attempting to utilize the same type of linear storytelling that DS9 was able to pull off (and failing miserably).

Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 6:17 pm

It looks like Star Trek movies getting made are harder then we think.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 6:45 am

It looks like CBS/Viacom might be forced to sell off Star Trek.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 6:50 pm

Could wind up being the best thing to ever happen to Trek, depending on who it's sold to.

Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Could wind up being the best thing to ever happen to Trek, depending on who it's sold to.

It going to be interesting to see who buys Star Trek and for how much it sells for.

Disney is busy fixing Star Wars and trying to how to handle the LP's they got when the bought 20th Century Fox.

WB might, but considering how they get got bought by AT&T, it's unsure if they are able to, even more so considering their battle with the DOJ.

Sony might, but considering how Tom Rothman is still...skeptical (at best) of tentpole franchises, not to mention how long it will be before the bottom falls out for him like it did at Fox, it's more then fair to doubt if Sony is the right place.

Universal...You know my position of this movie company. The fact that Comcast is a bad company doesn't help matters either. Unfortunatly, I can see this being the frontrunner since F&F wil be over with F&F 10, which will come out next year instead of this year.

Not gonna lie, but I kind of want them to stay at the re-merged CBS/Viacom, simply because I want to see a massive comeback. That being said, with the damage cause by the split as well as Kurtzman, I doubt it will happen.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:54 pm

It looks like the state of Star Trek is is worse then we thought...

Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 1:04 am

I'm curious what everyone's opinion on Stark Trek: Picard was here. I unfortunately loathed it for a number of reasons, with what I felt its greatest offense being its overwhelming cynicism and pessimism. What did you all think?

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 3:40 pm

For what it's worth...This person seems to work for the remerged Viacom/CBS company.

Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 116796504_2581790138737891_5540150827914683963_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=JN0IiuRsqt0AX9m0JOa&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 7:54 am

It looks like Picard lost roughly half its auidence before the season finale.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 10:20 am

WandaVision’s Matt Shakman to Direct the Next Star Trek Film
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1187523-matt-shakman-direct-next-star-trek-film

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 10:56 pm

Sad News.

Nichelle Nichols, Lt. Ukuran herself, has died at the age of 89.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.   Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Klingons and Vulcans and Starships. Oh my! The Star Trek thread.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2