Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation   Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 5:43 am

What would be the most likely map size for each of the islands in Jurassic World Evolution?
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation   Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 7:22 am

I want them to be 1:1 scale. So, Isla Nublar being the same size as in the movies for example. If we go by a map like this from Wikipedia (though I'm not sure where they got this from), then most of the islands are larger than Nublar, with only one being smaller. I've not bothered to actually look into the actual sizes of any of these islands though, so I don't know if a 1:1 scale is reasonable.

Personally, I hope for custom maps as well, but really what's important is the Park customization, not the island customization.

Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation   Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 3:34 pm

TyrannoFan wrote:
Personally, I hope for custom maps as well, but really what's important is the Park customization, not the island customization.

Island customization is important too, it would get boring if we can't terraform our own islands. I don't think they would restrict us that way though since both Planet Coaster and RTC3 has features that let you change the geography of the park.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation   Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm

But how many pounds? Razz
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation   Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:11 am

Isla Nublar in the book was around 30 square miles. Depending on if thay use that a s the basis for building the other islands to a 1:1 scale, then the islands could get rather large. All that terrain information combined with the extremely detailed graphics could prove a storage nightmare and make for a long installation/download time. Not saying it's impossible or unplayable! It'd just be one of those things where I just bought the game, started downloading it, and it says "Yeah, nice try. Come back when i feel like it" lol

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation   Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 8:40 am

The sizes for two of the islands have been confirmed; In an AMA with BestInSlot, he says that Isla Matanceros is substantially smaller than the largest island in JPOG, and in a French article of the Gamereactor, the devs have confirmed that the largest island is Isla Sorna with an area of 800,000 square meters (0.8 kilometres squared). It’s a little bit bigger than the largest Planet Coaster map.

For visualisation the yellow lines mark the original size in its release and the red lines mark the current size:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation   Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World Evolution Map Size Speculation
Page 1 of 1