Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!

Go down 
+3
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
Pokesaurus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Empty
PostSubject: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:33 pm

As you may have noticed, until recently we had a tab on the taskbar called "JM News" that took you to an empty blog page. The intent of that page is to provide important news bulletins regarding both the Jurassic Park franchise as a whole, as well as updates regarding the site as well. The tab is gone for now, as it was an empty space not being used.

Applications closed.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!

Last edited by Pokesaurus on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:51 pm

UPDATE: The application deadline has been extended to the 13th of December.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 pm

I would love to apply, until I read this

"A mock-up article regarding the new Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer."

I can't do it, my english is bad and I'm sure I would let my bias slip in the article. I wish I was good enough to apply to this.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:56 pm

TRK wrote:
I don’t see a problem? If you don’t like the Trailer that’s fine but as News Staff you will hav to report on this if you like it or not.
I just imagine myself writing about the Carnotaurus dying, sure something would slip like "how dare those fuckers kill it?"  Laughing

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Fair enough Smile

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Spino4.4, please don't double post.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

He didn't double post, I accidentally deleted my post that he was replying to.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 pm

Apologies, my mistake. Sorry Spino haha!

Don't be afraid to inquire, people! Always looking for a new member of the team. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Levine wrote:
Apologies, my mistake. Sorry Spino haha!

Don't be afraid to inquire, people! Always looking for a new member of the team. Smile
It's okay! XD

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:06 pm

I have a background in journalism, and can confidently act as an editor if the position is required. I don't have the time in my schedule to devote myself as full time staff, but I can act as a proofreader and editor if needed. I am well versed in AP style, and received a B in my journalism editing class. I was also a frequent contributor and editor on the JPL Wiki, and am the co-manager to its successor, Jurassic-Pedia. I'll PM an application if needed, but I just wanted to point out that I cannot have a full time commitment to this before I did, in case that matters.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:10 pm

I might be up for it...I'll have to think it over a bit, I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle all the teasers that are released. xD I'm also not sure about my writing abilities. Razz

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
I might be up for it...I'll have to think it over a bit, I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle all the teasers that are released. xD I'm also not sure about my writing abilities. Razz

Well if its just small teasers, I wouldn't worry too much. Anything written about those can be short if necessary, and I doubt we'll be getting a barrage of them like we have been in the past week anymore.

CT-1138 wrote:
I have a background in journalism, and can confidently act as an editor if the position is required. I don't have the time in my schedule to devote myself as full time staff, but I can act as a proofreader and editor if needed. I am well versed in AP style, and received a B in my journalism editing class. I was also a frequent contributor and editor on the JPL Wiki, and am the co-manager to its successor, Jurassic-Pedia. I'll PM an application if needed, but I just wanted to point out that I cannot have a full time commitment to this before I did, in case that matters.

I figured you'd probably be interested. If you can't do it full time, that's alright. You can PM me if you'd like (and considering I'm already quite familiar with your work, a full on application probably won't be necessary).

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 am

I do not have a job, and I’m definitely willing to do anything I can to help the JP community here. You guys mean a lot to me. I don’t know if everyone knows but I have somewhat significant health problems that really slowed down my life and I just can’t work or do what I want right now.

So free time for me is a complete non issue. The only thing is that I’m very used to getting news from others lol, and of course I have no idea if my writing is up to snuff.

I will confess, I am a bit confused about what the actual Job will be specifically in terms of what is expected? I don’t mean to be rude but can you lay it out a bit more?

Sorry I have never held such a position.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:47 am

You will be posting news as soon as it becomes available to the community. Where possible ASAP.

My suggestion is PM Pokes why we should pick you and write a review short or long of the trailer and we will go from there. Any issues PM Pokes or myself.

Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 4:45 pm

Just a reminder that we're still taking applications until Wednesday at 11:59PM, so if you want to apply you need to get them in soon!

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Do we email the applications?

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
No, send them to me via PM.

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Pokesaurus wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:
No, send them to me via PM.

Okay, gotcha.

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Last call! Applications close at 11:59 tonight!

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:27 am

And that's it! The new News Team members will be announced soon, so keep an eye out!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!   HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP WANTED: Jurassic Mainframe News Staff!
Page 1 of 1