Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?

Go down 
+8
NolaJP
owenpratt
Pokesaurus
Megatron
Sickle_Claw
SmugTheFab
Dr. Wu
fallenkingdomLee
12 posters
AuthorMessage
fallenkingdomLee
Embryo
Embryo
fallenkingdomLee

The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Empty
PostSubject: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 am

The trailer came out on Friday, I was expecting to see more than we got. There’s hardly anything to go by apart from the first few seconds which was calm and quite nicely edited but the final half, it made the film seem like “a disaster movie” people have claimed it to be; which it is NOT.

If many of you have seen the behind-the-scenes featurette you’d know the trailer shows only an hour if that of the film, people who say they gave away the film are just ignorant people who didn’t bother to watch the featurette. IMO The BTS glimpse WAS a way better representation of how the film will be; it did give small things away but it did what the trailer’s last few seconds did: make us hyped!

What are your opinions and thoughts on the latest trailer? Did it strike you as hyping? Comment below!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:37 am

Yeah I agree. The trailer wasn't bad but the BTS is much better.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:20 pm

The BTS showed more, but that's my problem with it--I feel like it showed too much. The Carnotaurus reveal would have been so much better in the trailer if we hadn't already known it existed thanks to the BTS video. Not to mention the BTS revealed Suchomimus, the Blue jumpscare, and many other things.

Now don't think I hated the BTS video, because I didn't. It was a glorious feast for my eyes, and it showed what the film is going to be about much better than the trailer did...I just wish they at least hesitated before revealing the Carnotaurus.

I have some other problems with the BTS video, but they're mostly nit picks.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
The BTS showed more, but that's my problem with it--I feel like it showed too much. The Carnotaurus reveal would have been so much better in the trailer if we hadn't already known it existed thanks to the BTS video. Not to mention the BTS revealed Suchomimus, the Blue jumpscare, and many other things.

Now don't think I hated the BTS video, because I didn't. It was a glorious feast for my eyes, and it showed what the film is going to be about much better than the trailer did...I just wish they at least hesitated before revealing the Carnotaurus.

The other snapchat bts video that released yesterday gleefully revealed Mosasaur direct from Frank Marshall too.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:

The other snapchat bts video that released yesterday gleefully revealed Mosasaur direct from Frank Marshall too.

Yeah...that would have been a lovely surprise in the theatre, too. Dangit, these BTS videos are so cool, but they're killing me! xD

Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:50 pm

The BTS was definitely better while the trailer was edited to appeal to the general audience.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:05 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:

Yeah...that would have been a lovely surprise in the theatre, too. Dangit, these BTS videos are so cool, but they're killing me! xD
Also the Stygiomolich was leaked months ago and I couldn't help but notice the 'official' reveal seemed very close to what was leaked.

Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:34 am

I also agree that the BTS was better, and another reason for me to think that aside from the points you all have made is that I really liked the cool JP theme rendition used in the BTS. That music was much better than the stock action music used in the actual trailer.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 7:27 am

The BTS was much better in terms of editing, scenes, color grading (they tend to make all grey-ish in the trailers for some reasons), hype, music, JP atmosphere. It was too spoilerish though, and the trailer at least managed to hide everything after the first hour of movie (I think it was a wise choice. If then it seems that the movie is all centered on the island is a problem of the people who make assumptions without being sure. The problem with the trailer is not what it shows, but how it's edited, so weirdly and without the sense of hype of the BTS).

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 am

A lot of folks are saying that it shows too much. They think it's going to be like JP, JP3 and JW where the entire film is set on the island. If you thought this was the case, you would assume the volcano erupting is during the big finale of the movie.

Colin and Bayona have either said or hinted that the eruption is this movie's "T-Rex escape" from the original film. It's the big spectacle action scene in the middle. The plot gets darker and more claustrophobic in the second half of the film.

The only thing wrong with this trailer is the editing. I particularly am not fond of finishing the trailer on a shot of dinosaurs drowning. I think it should have cut right when we see the gyrosphere headed towards the water, and then maybe cut to the scene of Claire and Owen revealing Rexy in the tractor trailer, followed by the "this is going to be awesome" shot. Cut to logo.

As it is now the trailer feels anticlimactic and a little depressing. I expect the second trailer to use the structure of the behind the scenes. Hopefully they reuse that music because it was absolutely fantastic.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:15 pm

And considering that there are still plenty of children who will have seen this trailer (and who aren't as wrapped up in biases compared to some other fandoms) I doubt the image of dinosaurs drowning in the ocean is going to entice them to come out to see it, even with the faint possibility that there is still hope for their rescue.

The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:50 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
And considering that there are still plenty of children who will have seen this trailer (and who aren't as wrapped up in biases compared to some other fandoms) I doubt the image of dinosaurs drowning in the ocean is going to entice them to come out to see it, even with the faint possibility that there is still hope for their rescue.
Agreed, I mean we know Rexy gets on that boat, and presumably some of the other dinos get captured and loaded on the boat before the volcano erupts...just feeling sad we actually saw dinos drowning

The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? 1f71824ea8c8d079139e5ef2fd737db7

Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 pm

I also liked the BTS more. While I found the official trailer ok, I ca't help but find it a bit odd....Doesn't have a very good flow to it, and the second half is all focused around one sequence which is a bit strange. You could make an argument that the BTS shows too much, but its still a lot more exciting due to the atmosphere, the cool scenes, and the new stuff it shows. I think if the official trailer was more similar to the BTS, the trailer reaction would've been a lot more positive. Instead, people are just thinking "oh, so their just going to the island again? Aren't they ripping off jurassic park 2?"

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 pm

I do wonder what the logic behind filling the trailer with action sequences and not including any of the tense scenes or emotional, thoughtful dialogue that Bayona is known for was.

I mean, I suppose it's to market to the GA, but they've been promoting FK as something different than JW...something deeper, scarier, and more emotional. It just hits me as weird that they'd then throw a trailer together that contradicted that.

The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I do wonder what the logic behind filling the trailer with action sequences and not including any of the tense scenes or emotional, thoughtful dialogue that Bayona is known for was.

I mean, I suppose it's to market to the GA, but they've been promoting FK as something different than JW...something deeper, scarier, and more emotional. It just hits me as weird that they'd then throw a trailer together that contradicted that.

You know that was my same criticism. But I got to thinking, most people on Reddit movies, Twitter and all these forums still might not be a great representation of the general public. Look at all the transformers films, you’d be hard pressed to find someone on one of these sites saying “looks great” yet the movies (until this last one) bring in insane money. F&F as well.

Maybe they are trying to cater to that filmgoer expecting tons of action. And then once critics see it and say it’s good or great, others will hopefully flock to it.

Maybe I’m wrong but it’s my theory. I kinda refuse to believe the BTS was perfect and then the trailer was so off. The BTS seemed focused on the hardcore fans.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 9:44 pm

The average movie goer does not post on Reddit or Twitter about movies. They want to go to dinner and a movie and usually pick one where a lot of shit blows up. It's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?   The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Behind-the-scenes glimpse was better?
Page 1 of 1