Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Empty
PostSubject: Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(   Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 5:10 pm

I've been downloading some of the major mods here on the Mainframe (DJE, PMEP, Raptor Manual). I think there is a major conflict between one of these mods and raptor behavior. My velociraptors went from cold and cunning killers to cowards who went into panic mode randomly to the point where they wouldn't eat and die. Something is certainly off, because even when not panicked, they have a weird issue where they get really indecisive about what prey they are stalking and that too causes critical hunt and hunger issues.

I may be naive just because I'm new to modding, but how would one go about fixing this issue? Raptors were always fun to watch, especially in my Site B. However, their modded behavior is literally forcing them to kill themselves.

Anyone know what I should do?
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(   Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 pm

This has been my setup, and has worked best for me overall. Download GEP 2.0 (from Modding Genesis) if you haven't already - go into Units/Win of that mod and copy all Raptor .fsm's except Raptorflee. Apply those files to your current setup. Now, go into PMEP Win, copy the Raptorflee, and apply that. PMEP can be used for all other dino behaviors. Make sure that the Raptor.ini (Units) values haven't been drastically altered (PMEP's values should be fine for Perception Inputs/Outputs). Raptor Manual most likely conflicts with this. Also compatible with mods that offer multiple Raptor skins (such as Movie Universe, Jurassic World Collection). Hope that helps. :-)
Back to top Go down
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(   Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:48 am

Thank you so much man. I've been pretty sad at the empty raptor presence on my island, but I just hadn't known a pathway to fix it. I'll try your suggestion and post back on here how it goes. Thanks for the responding!
Back to top Go down
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(   Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 pm

So, funny story:

I did all the fun stuff with the files like you said and I fired up the game. I was nervous to see if it would work. And well, I'll just tell you what happened not 3 seconds into raptor creation.

All five turn and start barking at each other. Suddenly, out of no where, they all five bolt. I dunno where they are going. Somewhere out of screen, I see them leap. I pan right and I see all five of them latching onto a Camarasaur and in less than 15 seconds the poor theropod was donezo.

So yeah, I'd call that a BIG success.

Thanks LostWorld!
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(   Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 11:35 am

No problemo, Mr. DNA. That's a cool story, and I'm glad that it worked for you. Yeah, the Raptors are always a fun time. However, always remember this: when dealing with Raptors, make sure to wear some degree of armored clothing and head/face protection. Raptors enjoy playtime, but are highly unpredictable. Don't trust them.

Also, it's good that all five got along right away. There is the very (very very very) rare time that two of them will get carried away with playtime, resulting in one inadvertently killing the other. But, that was ERC's design and not a bug. I usually start off with two, then build a pack over time (because realism!).

BTW: all credit for Raptor behaviors go to the legendary Eternal_Rocker_Chick (GEP Team and original Raptor behavior modder), and fsm super wiz procompy101 (PMEP). Without them, I wouldn't have been able to deliver the message. Wink

... I at least figured out the right .fsm combination after some trial and error. :p

Oh yeah. Welcome to The Mainframe.
Back to top Go down
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(   Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks man! I'll mostly be hovering in the JPOG section but I'll be about. I appreciate the welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(   Raptor Behavior is screwed up :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raptor Behavior is screwed up :(
Page 1 of 1