Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed Empty
PostSubject: Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed   Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3479326/samuel-l-jacksons-jurassic-park-death-never-filmed/

Hold onto your butts.

Making a movie is hard, even with hundreds of millions of dollars. There are so many things that can go wrong, which can make or break a film’s final product.

While we usually never know what went wrong behind the scenes of a production, it’s fun to learn about the chaos that erupted on some of the most successful films. Yes, even Steven Spielberg has had his share of problems.

Jurassic Park costar Samuel L. Jackson shares this wonderful anecdote in which he reveals why his character’s death wasn’t on screen. The culprit? A hurricane.

“I was actually supposed to go to Hawaii, to shoot my death scene, but there was a hurricane that destroyed all the sets, so I didn’t get to go. All you see is the residue of my body, my arm. But, yeah, I was supposed to be on set.”

Hurricane Iniki was the worst storm to ever hit Hawaii, noted MovieWeb, who shared the AV Club quote. As for Jackson, he portrayed the chief engineer, John “Ray” Arnold, who falls prey to the island’s velociraptors, “as revealed in an unforgettably gruesome scene where Laura Dern’s Dr. Ellie Sattler character discovers his bloody, severed arm in an abandoned electronics shed.”

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed   Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm

I wonder how it would have played out. Something akin to his novel death?

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
JettRyu
Embryo
Embryo
JettRyu

PostSubject: Re: Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed   Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm

A shame this never happened. Then again, it would likely have bumped the rating up to near-R. Not a bad thing, but it would have made the movie a whole lot darker.

Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed   Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:47 pm

A shame , it would've been a cool thing to have in the movie. I'm not a big fan of the "arm".

There wouldn't have been a problem with making it an R rated movie, I'm sure his death would've been similar/off screen like Muldoon's or Nedry's.

Fun fact, as a kid I thought that arm was Muldoon's, I totally forgot about John Arnold as a kid and it made sense for it to be Muldoon's. Hey, I was young and since it's dark I didn't really notice it was a black arm, thought it was just shadows or something I guess.

http://miscrave.com
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed   Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Am I the only one who actually loves that we didn’t see a classic “Hollywood” scene where Arnold goes down the dark hallway, hears a growl and then is jumped?

I love how the raptors are an unseen presence and much like the cow scene at the beginning, we see a product of how dangerous they are with the arm. That scene was actually really scary and disturbing to me as a kid.

I’m super glad it worked out the way it did tbh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed   Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Jurassic Park’ Death Was Never Filmed
Page 1 of 1