Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?

Go down 
+15
Dead2009
#TRexSpinorematch
1morey
Herrerasaurus
Tyrant Lizard
Megatron
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
deinocoop
TyrannosaurTJ
Six-Foot Turkey
BoulderFaceplant
CT-1138
Sobek
Rhedosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 2:11 am

wow so we are getting a new iphone game that is the equivalent of pokemon go, this along with a new book, park creator game, and way better toys makes me think that there is an effort to grow this franchise.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 9:00 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
wow so we are getting a new iphone game that is the equivalent of pokemon go, this along with a new book, park creator game, and way better toys makes me think that there is an effort to grow this franchise.

But that's not nearly enough. In this day and age, all of that is small potatoes. With the MCU being so huge, franchises need to be MUCH larger in order to compete/provide competition. Sorry, but The Avengers re-wrote how franchises should be handled. You can complain about it overwhelming everything, but there wouldn't be such an issue if people didn't want them. Things have to be maximized nowadays.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 1:34 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

But that's not nearly enough. In this day and age, all of that is small potatoes. With the MCU being so huge, franchises need to be MUCH larger in order to compete/provide competition. Sorry, but The Avengers re-wrote how franchises should be handled. You can complain about it overwhelming everything, but there wouldn't be such an issue if people didn't want them. Things have to be maximized nowadays.
what else are they supposed to do? spin off films? there isnt enough material to even have something like a Marvel franchise. I would take quality over quantity
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 8:51 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

what else are they supposed to do? spin off films? there isnt enough material to even have something like a Marvel franchise. I would take quality over quantity

Oh, I can name multiple things that they can do.

1. All the other islands that should still have dinosaurs on them. We know about Sorna and Nubler, but not the other islands.

2. Have a movie about other companies cloning dinosaurs in the jungles of Africa, South America, and other places where dinosaurs have been sighted and said companies use the sightings as cover. If WB can use the cryptozoology angle for their Godzillaverse, then I don't see why JP can't.

3. A cartoon show that takes place between JP3 and JW. I'm sorry, but these sites are NOT good enough for me. They are too 'liquid'. Considering how a site can be changed at will once it's supposedly 'finished' when compared to a finished book/cartoon that's aired/released, the site is just too...malleable. And need I point out the danger of being hacked?

4. Go into what happened to Biosyn. We never heard of them again after the first movie. I'm interested to see what happened.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

Oh, I can name multiple things that they can do.

1. All the other islands that should still have dinosaurs on them. We know about Sorna and Nubler, but not the other islands.

2. Have a movie about other companies cloning dinosaurs in the jungles of Africa, South America, and other places where dinosaurs have been sighted and said companies use the sightings as cover. If WB can use the cryptozoology angle for their Godzillaverse, then I don't see why JP can't.

3. A cartoon show that takes place between JP3 and JW. I'm sorry, but these sites are NOT good enough for me. They are too 'liquid'. Considering how a site can be changed at will once it's supposedly 'finished' when compared to a finished book/cartoon that's aired/released, the site is just too...malleable. And need I point out the danger of being hacked?

4. Go into what happened to Biosyn. We never heard of them again after the first movie. I'm interested to see what happened.

I do agree that Jurassic Park is not a big enough universe to do something like Marvel or DC, there are a few ideas that could work.

Biosyn should be brought back in some capacity along with Lewis Dodgson. My first pick for a recast was Kevin Spacey, but in light of his recent controversy, my new choices would either be Mark McKinney or David Hyde Pierce.

And a Netflix series would be cool. Either one set after TLW, dealing with Henry Wu (portrayed by James Hiroyuki Liao) and other scientists on Sorna illegally creating the Ankylosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Corythosaurus, and Spinosaurus. And how they manage to do their work while attempting to avoid confrontations with the other dinosaurs.

Or have one set between JP III and JW, dealing with InGen Security as they assist in capturing dinosaurs for Jurassic World, and try to curtail poaching (this could be a more realistic take on the Dino Trackers vs. Evil Raiders theme from the JP toy series.)

These would not be an ongoing series, but a brief "mini-series" with a definite conclusion.

Avalanche Studios could take a stab at an open-world game set roughly between 1986-1992, where you are an InGen employee on Isla Sorna.

I'd love to see what it would have been like for the scientists to work on the island. Avalanche makes large maps, so we could actually get a to-scale recreation of Isla Sorna, incorporating the Aviary, Embryonics Administration, the Worker Village, a geothermal power plant and maybe lift some locations from Trespasser (like Burroughs (separate from the Worker Village, or maybe close by), the docks, a monorail station under construction, and the mountain top radio-tower).

The game would have you capturing dinosaurs to prepare them for shipment to Isla Nublar, along with various other tasks and missions. No guns, just tranquilizer guns, net guns, cattle prods, etc.

And not only Isla Sorna, you can explore Isla Nublar (with its own set of missions), prior to the 1993 incident.

And once either campaigns are complete, you unlock a third campaign that is a complete remaster of Trespasser (set in 1999), with gameplay more akin to Alien: Isolation and Resident Evil VII, and with plot and level design more accurate to the film canon. I would also scrap the linear design for more open-ended gameplay. (Rather than go from level to level, you explore the island, while trying to find a way to escape.)

You could also encorporate collectibles ala the reboot Tomb Raider series, as memoirs or recordings from Hammond, Wu. And instead of collecting artifacts, you have a camera to take pictures of various things.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 6:28 pm

While I agree that the franchise should be bigger at the same time I do not want it to be so huge that it is everywhere and it becomes an ordinary thing like Star Wars and Marvel have become. It is one thing to expand, but too much of anything is a bad thing. Marvel and Star Wars are everywhere there is a new film every few months and so much merchandise around you that the side effect of that is that it could become something that people easily forget because it is not a special event anymore.

Love it or hate it but that was what made Jurassic World so much money and such a special event. It was the first major thing Jurassic in over a decade.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 7:22 pm

A franchise needs a reason to be bigger, and if you're creating more content just to have it be on the scale of a Star Wars or a MARVEL universe, it's going to become stagnant. Quality over quantity.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
A franchise needs a reason to be bigger, and if you're creating more content just to have it be on the scale of a Star Wars or a MARVEL universe, it's going to become stagnant. Quality over quantity.

I fully agree with this.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I fully agree with this.

But is that really a reason to NOT expand this franchise? I listed quite a bit of potential of what this franchise can do in my second post this page. Just because this franchise is a bit too grounded in reality doesn't mean that it doesn't have quite a bit of potential. You don't have to pick one or the other.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am

There is a way to expand the franchise and focus on quality though. I honestly feel like that is happening in some respects and not in others because of corporate miscommunication. It's pretty obvious with Trevorrow he cares for the franchise and honestly? I am immensely happy he wasn't just using it as a stepping stool to eventually forget about it. Once the franchise is finished with his story I hope he can pass on the torch to someone that will equally do it a service as well.

Flash back to 2013/2014 where I was skeptical with Trevorrow. I merely thought he was a sock puppet and doing the PR things just to get people to the movie. Then I eventually saw JP and to me it was a lot better than what we had with JP3 by leaps and bounds. To me, he did us a service and that's earned my recant on my pessimism with this. Outside of this I do feel like he's adjusting to his role as a shepherd in this case and his decisions, while cliché, aren't as bad as say the decisions for JP3. There's some conflict of course with the Raptor Training and Hybrids involvement, but going back if you look at the comics and even the novels this is rudimentarily hinted to the animals being hybrids anyways because of the incomplete genetic code involved in replicating them and filling those missing pieces in. Along with the version number thing. The Training Raptors thing is more or less in the original Topps comics. While the story line is wacky, it is one of the pillars we can look to and see the foundation connected to in this case.

I think after JP3 everybody has this notion of how bad it can and does get and that's kind of like our governing limit basically for in the future. My only issue is for people to stop blaming the Spinosaurus for JP3's failure. How it was written was horribly and that's what the issue here is with JP3, bad writing and lack of regard for the continuity because of the lack of direct and verbal exposition internally in the film to explain the visual differences in the films.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 1:23 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
There is a way to expand the franchise and focus on quality though. I honestly feel like that is happening in some respects and not in others because of corporate miscommunication. It's pretty obvious with Trevorrow he cares for the franchise and honestly? I am immensely happy he wasn't just using it as a stepping stool to eventually forget about it. Once the franchise is finished with his story I hope he can pass on the torch to someone that will equally do it a service as well.

Flash back to 2013/2014 where I was skeptical with Trevorrow. I merely thought he was a sock puppet and doing the PR things just to get people to the movie. Then I eventually saw JP and to me it was a lot better than what we had with JP3 by leaps and bounds. To me, he did us a service and that's earned my recant on my pessimism with this. Outside of this I do feel like he's adjusting to his role as a shepherd in this case and his decisions, while cliché, aren't as bad as say the decisions for JP3. There's some conflict of course with the Raptor Training and Hybrids involvement, but going back if you look at the comics and even the novels this is rudimentarily hinted to the animals being hybrids anyways because of the incomplete genetic code involved in replicating them and filling those missing pieces in. Along with the version number thing. The Training Raptors thing is more or less in the original Topps comics. While the story line is wacky, it is one of the pillars we can look to and see the foundation connected to in this case.

I think after JP3 everybody has this notion of how bad it can and does get and that's kind of like our governing limit basically for in the future. My only issue is for people to stop blaming the Spinosaurus for JP3's failure. How it was written was horribly and that's what the issue here is with JP3, bad writing and lack of regard for the continuity because of the lack of direct and verbal exposition internally in the film to explain the visual differences in the films.

But given how Trevorrrow was so green when directing JW, did he really have any real power anyway? I don't think so. Not only that, but surely you remember how he implied how the first two sequels-the Sorna movies-were not canon but then walked back on that not long after. I still see Trevorrow as a semi-puppet of Spielberg. Spielberg, as you and CT-1138 have said, he's not a franchise director and even if he followed a rulebook, that is outdated in this post-Avengers era. I also remember CT-1138 saying that Trevorrow is a fan of the first movie, but not of JP the franchise. Judging by how Spielberg didn't like TLW and how fans still hate JP3, not to mention how that one site-if you choose to treat it as canon-treats the Sorna movies like crap, and I think Spielberg either doesn't really care anymore or is just too old to get how the rules of how franchises should be treated nowadays.

I was willing to lower my standards for JW simply to wash out the bad taste JP3 put in it, but I was expecting much more from this movie and the franchise. And I'm not exactly happy with the movie from what we know-which thanks to the leaks, is at least 80%. And yes, the toys Mattel made are a MASSIVE improvement and I do plan to get the Colossal T. rex, but that is modest, at best to what other franchises are doing. I get that many fans are happy with the fact that this franchise is back. I was one of them. But for fans not to demand that this franchise expand more then it should be is basically giving Universal/Spielberg a pass to do whatever they what with it without any care.

I'm worried that this new age of JP will not only be looked at as a missed opportunity to give people an alternative to the MCU via the lack of expansion, but that it will be outright regarded as an 'also-ran' franchise.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 4:02 pm

This has been said before many times but it's the truth;

We have to remember that Universal does not really care about Isla Sorna because they believe the myth that nobody cares about The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3.

So it is hard to ask them to expand upon stuff as important as the second Ingen Island when they are have chosen to act like it does not exist (Or at the very least act like it is not even relevant.

How are they going to expand the series when they have chosen to literally ignore half of the material and only to focus on the nostalgia of the first movie and nothing else.

It is hard to see Universal trying to expand anything when it is more than obvious that their mentality is only "Everybody only loves the nostalgia of the original and Jurassc World made a ton of money, let's only focus on that".

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 4:06 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

We have to remember that Universal does not really care about Isla Sorna because they believe the myth that nobody cares about The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3.

So it is hard to ask them to expand upon stuff as important as the second Ingen Island when they are have chosen to act like it does not exist (Or at the very least act like it is not even relevant.

How are they going to expand the series when they have chosen to literally ignore half of the material and only to focus on the nostalgia of the first movie and nothing else.

But that's because the JP fanbase as a whole isn't as vocal as it should be. You can expect things to change if you don't do anything. You know the saying "You can't complain if you don't vote"? Well, the same thing goes for franchises. Look at how fans of the X-Men franchise got X3 ret-conned out of the timeline and got a faithful Deadpool movie.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

It is hard to see Universal trying to expand anything when it is more than obvious that their mentality is only "Everybody only loves the nostalgia of the original and Jurassc World made a ton of money, let's only focus on that".

Nah, if they really didn't care about sorna or TLW or JP3, they wouldn't have even mentioned it in the DPG website. Site B wasn't completely relevant in Jurassic World so it wasn't mentioned. It's probably gonna be mentioned in Fallen Kingdom since it has way more relevance to the plot.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 9:52 pm

It is very true that Jurassic Park fans are not as vocal as Star Wars fans. However, like Star Wars fans when Jurassic fans try to be vocal it seems they are very very divided in what they want and all have very different and very diverse ideas about what they see is the "correct" way to handle the franchise.

Like for example, some are really into having dinosaurs with feathers to keep it accurate while others hate the idea. Some like the idea of humans teaming up with dinosaurs while others hate it. Some like the concept of hybrids while others feel it takes the focus away from the actual dinosaurs. Some want more herbivore action in particular while others just want more Biosyn and Dodgson like on the novels.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Nah, if they really didn't care about sorna or TLW or JP3, they wouldn't have even mentioned it in the DPG website. Site B wasn't completely relevant in Jurassic World so it wasn't mentioned. It's probably gonna be mentioned in Fallen Kingdom since it has way more relevance to the plot.

But notice how many fans here have soured on the that site recently via the poor treatment of the Sorna movies. If it keeps them as as canon, but treats them like crap at the same time, then what's the point in even having them as canon at all. As I said before, say what you want about TFA, but that movie treated the prequels with more respect then this site has.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:36 am

The thing is we don't know if "treating the Sorna movies like crap" has a point to it. For all we know, there's a very specific reason as to why the Sorna films are being given the treatment that they're being given. Perhaps it's somehow integral to the plot of the next two films.

It's hits me as a little presumptuous to assume that we know everything that's going on.

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Ah, there’s the problem. We as a fandom think we know that this is what’s happening, but really we have a lot of research to do before we can call this info legit. Totally agree with Tyrant Lizard on this.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

But notice how many fans here have soured on the that site recently via the poor treatment of the Sorna movies. If it keeps them as as canon, but treats them like crap at the same time, then what's the point in even having them as canon at all. As I said before, say what you want about TFA, but that movie treated the prequels with more respect then this site has.

That's totally subjective and I've hardly seen anyone react negatively. They've questioned it, but I haven't come across anyone who is really mad about it.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 1:14 pm

The Sorna treatment is perfectly okay. The time from JP3 to Jurassic World is a long time. It's pretty realistic.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 3:07 pm

But given what we know so far... Is there any indicator that Sorna will play a major role in Fallen Kingdom?

And it is not just the tie in websites it's everything else. You don't see anything Sorna related in any recent toyline, videogame, or almost any Jurassic media recently.

In fact I am almost sure that if they do release a classic toyline it wil not include anything from TLW and JP3.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
But given what we know so far... Is there any indicator that Sorna will play a major role in Fallen Kingdom?

And it is not just the tie in websites it's everything else. You don't see anything Sorna related in any recent toyline, videogame, or almost any Jurassic media recently.

In fact I am almost sure that if they do release a classic toyline it wil not include anything from TLW and  JP3.

They were pretty clear to mention Sorna in the DPG websites but then made a big deal about the dinos being moved... how Nublar is the home of the LAST LIVING dinosaurs... I mean, yeah I think it may be addressed in film that Sorna is the place wehre they PLAN to relocate the dinos, but in reality the dinos go instead to the Lockwood manor to be auctioned off.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

In fact I am almost sure that if they do release a classic toyline it wil not include anything from TLW and  JP3.

They were pretty clear to mention Sorna in the DPG websites but then made a big deal about the dinos being moved... how Nublar is the home of the LAST LIVING dinosaurs...  I mean, yeah I think it may be addressed in film that Sorna is the place wehre they PLAN to relocate the dinos, but in reality the dinos go instead to the Lockwood manor to be auctioned off.

And after the Lockwood manor everything goes south and they are dropped on Sorna?

If that happens that would be a nice surpise.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

But again, we don't know everything. Maybe having Sorna play some sort of major role would undermine the plot of the next two films, hence why the population of Sorna needed to be wiped out or something?

The point is that we just don't know.

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 2:45 am

yea lets not assume we know exactly what universal is thinking. I'm tired of reading conspiracy theories.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 8:53 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

But again, we don't know everything. Maybe having Sorna play some sort of major role would undermine the plot of the next two films, hence why the population of Sorna needed to be wiped out or something?

The point is that we just don't know.

But given what we DO know-Spielberg not liking how TLW turned out, the fanbase still hating JP3, how Universal never had a plan in case JW succeeded, Spielberg not being a franchise guy and not getting (or caring) how the rules of how they should be treated have changed, and how he wields most of the power-as well as Hollywood studios frequently learning wrong lessons, is it really that much of a stretch to think that treating Sorna like crap is just a cover and that the real reason is because of how Spielberg doesn't like those movies and whats to see them go away?

I'm not saying the 'wait until the movie comes out' isn't a valid point, but I don't think we should discount what we do know, either.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

But given what we DO know-Spielberg not liking how TLW turned out, the fanbase still hating JP3, how Universal never had a plan in case JW succeeded, Spielberg not being a franchise guy and not getting (or caring) how the rules of how they should be treated have changed, and how he wields most of the power-as well as Hollywood studios frequently learning wrong lessons, is it really that much of a stretch to think that treating Sorna like crap is just a cover and that the real reason is because of how Spielberg doesn't like those movies and whats to see them go away?

I'm not saying the 'wait until the movie comes out' isn't a valid point, but I don't think we should discount what we do know, either.

Maybe, maybe not, although I have my doubts that Spielberg is hovering over Trevorrow and Bayona, cracking a whip on them any time they want to mention Sorna.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Seems like some of the only arguments are "Universal this" and "Universal that" when it comes to Fallen Kingdom.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 5:16 pm

At this rate, I'm more than eagerly anticipating the movie so that the debates can shift to discussing the film's actual quality rather than the studio politics that may or may not have affected it *cough!StarWars!cough!*.

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Maybe, maybe not, although I have my doubts that Spielberg is hovering over Trevorrow and Bayona, cracking a whip on them any time they want to mention Sorna.

Well, Spielberg and Universal wielded far more power over making the first JW then Trevorrow did. I honestly don't think that a fairly green/new director that's only made one indie movie or so could have wielded any power via making such a high budget movie.[/quote]

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: