Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Empty
PostSubject: Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever   Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever   Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Based on what the other Top Ten candidates have been, I think it's become clear that Jaws is going to take the No 1 spot. JP taking the No 2 spot is a decent position. But some of the comments from teh Collider crew are baffling as f**k, like Rocha and that other guy calling the story "boring" and lame". WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT?!?

Although, while Jurassic Park is my personal favourite of his I think Spielberg's greatest film achievement is Schindler's List. That film is so powerful on so many levels and it deserves all the praise and accolades its received. And... I don't like where its placed in this list.

Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever   Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 10:57 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Based on what the other Top Ten candidates have been, I think it's become clear that Jaws is going to take the No 1 spot. JP taking the No 2 spot is a decent position. But some of the comments from teh Collider crew are baffling as f**k, like Rocha and that other guy calling the story "boring" and lame". WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT?!?

Although, while Jurassic Park is my personal favourite of his I think Spielberg's greatest film achievement is Schindler's List. That film is so powerful on so many levels and it deserves all the praise and accolades its received. And... I don't like where its placed in this list.

I do agree with you. Although personally a top 10 Spielberg list for me would really be impossible. Of course it’s all subjective but I think JP and Schindler are both 10/10 films yet they are so different(blockbuster vs terrifying history story) i feel totally at odds putting them up against each other. I think that really speaks to how great a director he really is.

Also I think collider picked a lot of these films above Schindler because they seem to be a “feel good” type of channel when it comes to film preferences imo.

Yeah the no story thing is absolutely insane to me. I can’t think of a single boring character in this movie. Literally every main character and even the side characters have extremely iconic lines and or scenes. Richard Attenborough’s protroyal of an enthusiastic old man wanting to please people with these amazing creations is a god level performance. Nobody on earth could have done it better.

Scenes such as the flea circus and Malcolm arguing with Hammond about ethics are just a few thought provoking sequences that make these people seem all too real.

One more thing. I can’t stand how they had to pointlessly throw shade at JW in this video. Acting like the cgi is terrible and how unrealistic Claire is.... when raiders was on there nobody came in and started talking about kingdom of the crystal skull scratch
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever   Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 11:52 am

While it's cool to hear how and what other people do and will think, ultimately it doesn't have any relevance on what each of us thinks. In cases like this we're going to obviously prefer JP more than them given how it is our fandom. Outside of this it is great to see an alternate viewpoint on occasion, more so if it isn't steeped in conspiracy theory BS though or just less on the wacky crap.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever   Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 9:33 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
While it's cool to hear how and what other people do and will think, ultimately it doesn't have any relevance on what each of us thinks. In cases like this we're going to obviously prefer JP more than them given how it is our fandom. Outside of this it is great to see an alternate viewpoint on occasion, more so if it isn't steeped in conspiracy theory BS though or just less on the wacky crap.

For sure.

I hope you didn’t think I was trying to gloat (alright maybe a little Very Happy ).

It’s just nice to see a headline or video once in a while that isn’t bashing us over the head with negativity. Although of course I understand the original is already held in high regard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever   Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collider votes JP as second best Speilberg movie ever
Page 1 of 1