Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread

Go down 
+76
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Ewinzilla
Gondrasia
Mosasurfus
Caudipteryx
owenpratt
Spiegel
brunofernando
Six-Foot Turkey
vinsanity
Boone54
Lythronax
scoobysaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Dilophosaurus
lblanc
1morey
Mr. Robustus
jwfk.
Physalisfresser
V.a.nublarensis
Pablomustafari
Amadieus
Baryonyx111
Jakedisselt
JannToshj
sharkinspace
phil1031
indo_web
Pokesaurus
#TRexSpinorematch
Ram99
Raptorbite
Fredriksam
JP_Korea
Clawenfan2015
Nathanoraptor
SpinnersEnd
egg478
Isoka13
Thrasher T. Rex
StriderIV
dilbodaggins
JurassicRampage
jamie_tid
FayhdrianColonist
Dv-218
Dr. Wu
JMORRI
Roxali
Robotpo
Zerone01
Chcoki14
Bbrink1996
IllOrfanato
mosasaurus
Meroune
NeylWalecki
Mjmannella
TheDreamMaster
LifeFindsAWay807
TRK/TrexKing
TyrantKing4Ever
Rhedosaurus
Oviraptor
Spinosaur4.4
baryonyx7
Sickle_Claw
Herrerasaurus
Sobek
Frills n Thrills
Cbaitson
dance2nite
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:20 am

owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
J.A. Bayona confirmed the Brachiosaurus that died was the first one we saw.

https://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-park-connection-brachiosaurus/

That makes it even more emotional! Wish it was confirmed in the film though by Claire when she was in the tracking room.

But is that also the same Brachiosaurus we see on ruined Main Street?

No way of knowing for sure but I think that's what Bayona is suggesting.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am

Damn, as if that scene wasn't sad enough.... Sad
Although I kind off suspected that was the case after the classic pose it did during the boat scene, the fact that it's confirmed now makes the whole thing even more symbolic and depressing...
(Also, this doesn't seem like a big stretch. Sauropods had pretty long life-spans, didn't they?)
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:54 am

Dv-218 wrote:
Damn, as if that scene wasn't sad enough.... Sad
Although I kind off suspected that was the case after the classic pose it did during the boat scene, the fact that it's confirmed now makes the whole thing even more symbolic and depressing...
(Also, this doesn't seem like a big stretch. Sauropods had pretty long life-spans, didn't they?)

Holy crap, I just googled sauropod lifespan and it says they lived on average 100 years!
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:17 am

This one died at about 25-30 years, so she was pretty young for a Brachiosaurus.

Although of course we don't know if these JP dinosaurs have the same life-span of the real ones. Like, it's impossible to know the max life span of a clone in a completely different environment...

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
HoldOntoYourButts
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 1:33 pm

They brought back the original Rex from JP and now we find out that the original Brachiosaur from JP was the one in Fallen Kingdom...I wonder if they will continue this trend of bringing back an original dino from JP for JW3?? Perhaps the dilo? Maybe thats why it was only teased at in JW and JWFK
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:10 pm

^^ The only dinosaurs from Isla Nublar left were in the Lockwood Estate, and there was no sign of a Dilophosaur (unless they retcon it in).
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:40 pm

^Yeah. If a Dilo does appear (believe me I hope it does Very Happy) , it will likely be a new clone by Wu (seems likely because it's name is on the briefcase) or by another company.

Also, I just realized: if the Brachiosaurus in FK is the same as the one that Grant and Ellie saw in JP, then it's not even a Brachiosaurus: it's a Giraffatitan lol Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:03 pm

WAIT A SECOND!

It just occurred to me, I still love the film, and this might be nitpicking, but the gas was leaking at the end of the film, and they were afraid of all the dinosaurs dying. So, why not open the giant loading door, and leave them in their cages? Wouldn't that be ventilation enough to not choke them all to death and not release them onto the world?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:08 pm

I was pleasantly surprised at the brief return of Patrick Crowley as Masrani's flight instructor, helping the DPG get to Isla Nublar!
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:28 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
WAIT A SECOND!

It just occurred to me, I still love the film, and this might be nitpicking, but the gas was leaking at the end of the film, and they were afraid of all the dinosaurs dying. So, why not open the giant loading door, and leave them in their cages? Wouldn't that be ventilation enough to not choke them all to death and not release them onto the world?

Claire noticed the main button later. She shouldn't have been so impulsive lol

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:34 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
WAIT A SECOND!

For as long as the gas was enveloping the room, I doubt they'd be able to clear the gas out quick enough before the dinosaurs succumbed to it.

And it was hydrogen cyanide, depending on its concentration, if it was anything above 5.6%, it would be explosive.

Coincidentally enough, Eli Mills mentioned diseased rats used by the Red Army during WWII when discussing the Indoraptor...hydrogen cyanide was used by the Nazis in WWII as Zyklon B in the gas chambers at their extermination camps.
Back to top Go down
GeekyAustin
Embryo
Embryo
GeekyAustin

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 am

I can't share my Youtube review of this movie, but I can put a few bullet points:

Good:

- The entire 1st half of the film
- The music, special effects and the JW actors
- The few nods to the original
- The very haunting shot of the Brachiosaurus
- The Atmosphere

Bad:

- Most of the 2nd half of the film
- The recycled Lost World characters
- The cardboard cut-out villains
- The Indoraptor was underwhelming as a villain dino

Overall, I didn't hate it. I left the theater happy to see it, but it could have been so much better.
I'll gladly share my full review once I am able too......
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Here my full review of Fallen Kingdom, deeply exploring especially the themes, the metaphors and the highlights of this new entry in the franchise.

Enjoy it!

http://thejhnfiles.com/guest-castle-princess-dragon-fallen-kingdom/

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Fun (and depressing) fact I learned: if you ignore the blood transfusion scene (because she's mostly stationary and immobile during that), Rexy actually has less screentime in Fallen Kingdom than she did in the first Jurassic World.

In the first Jurassic World, she had 2:36 minutes of screentime; in Fallen Kingdom, she has about 2:08 minutes (again, without the blood transfusion scene)

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 2:22 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Fun (and depressing) fact I learned: if you ignore the blood transfusion scene (because she's mostly stationary and immobile during that), Rexy actually has less screentime in Fallen Kingdom than she did in the first Jurassic World.

In the first Jurassic World, she had 2:36 minutes of screentime; in Fallen Kingdom, she has about 2:08 minutes (again, without the blood transfusion scene)

Really? Shocked Does that still include the opening, Carno, Mills & Lion scenes?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 am

dance2nite wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

Really? Shocked  Does that still include the opening, Carno, Mills & Lion scenes?

Yup. Between the opening scene; her taking down the carno, roaring and stomping off; her being airlifted by the helicopter into the Arcadia; her being unloaded into Lockwood's mansion; her killing Mills, striking a pose and smashing the Indominus bone; and her roaring at the lion, there's 128 seconds of screentime. The transfusion scene adds a good minute to that I think, but again, she's mostly motionless during that whole scene.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 5:37 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

Really? Shocked  Does that still include the opening, Carno, Mills & Lion scenes?

Yup. Between the opening scene; her taking down the carno, roaring and stomping off; her being airlifted by the helicopter into the Arcadia; her being unloaded into Lockwood's mansion; her killing Mills, striking a pose and smashing the Indominus bone; and her roaring at the lion, there's 128 seconds of screentime. The transfusion scene adds a good minute to that I think, but again, she's mostly motionless during that whole scene.

I wonder what her screentime was in JP for comparison. I'd imagine it is roughly the same as JW/FK.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

I wonder what her screentime was in JP for comparison. I'd imagine it is roughly the same as JW/FK.

3:55 minutes in the first Jurassic Park. Roughly the same as the Spinosaurus in Jurassic Park 3. The Indominus had more screentime than she had in both Jurassic World movies combined (7:52), which is kind of depressing.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 11:51 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

3:55 minutes in the first Jurassic Park. Roughly the same as the Spinosaurus in Jurassic Park 3. The Indominus had more screentime than she had in both Jurassic World movies combined (7:52), which is kind of depressing.

What about the Indoraptor?

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 12:56 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

What about the Indoraptor?

Even more: about 9:46 minutes, maybe a few seconds more, maybe a few seconds less.

For anyone who's wondering about Lost World, the two T. rex adults had 8:07 minutes of screentime combined. That includes about 30-40 seconds of Ludlow and Roland next to the tranquilized Buck, and doesn't include solo footage of the baby.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Wow, the Indoraptor has more screentime than the Indominus Rex despite him appearing only towards the third act of the movie... That's something.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 pm

I almost wish the Indoraptor had has less screen time. I feel like we almost saw too much of him. I kinda feel like had they kept him in the shadows a little bit more it could have upped the tension a bit.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 12:14 am

My main beef with the hybrids - and the reason I'm glad they are gone - is that they hogged up too much screentime in these two Jurassic World movies, screentime that could be given to the actual dinosaurs. Like I said, the Indoraptor had almost as much screentime in Fallen Kingdom as Rexy had in all three movies she appeared, and it only shows up basically in the 3rd act of the movie!!

One the main problems I've had with Fallen Kingdom when I watched it the first time is that I felt the dinosaurs were like advertised extras, they only really show up in the first half, and for the entirety of the second act of the movie, the only dinosaurs that got real screentime were the Stygimoloch, Blue (which I'm kind of sick of) and the Indoraptor. The other dinosaurs only factor again in the very end. Rexy herself basically just gives fun little cameos throughout the entire movie.

That's what makes me worried for the third Jurassic World: with a premise so strange and potentially complicated (dinosaurs loose on America and going open source in the world); the promise of a "science thriller" instead of an adventure or action movie; the insistence of having Blue front and center; and the inevitable inclusion of even more new dinosaurs (like Dreadnoughtus and the return of Dilophosaurus), I'm worried the dinosaurs are gonna be window dressing again in the next movie (as in, there will be so many of them running around, very few will get decent screentime and leave an impression).

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Mr. Robustus, could you also see Wu's screentime too? If I counted right, he has less than JW screentime.

Anyway, I don't feel bad that Indoraptor and Indominus got a lot of screentime, IMO they deserved it. I love every single aspect of them, they really fell in my heart haha

If Indoraptor and Indominus screentime were to be spent on more raptors and T.rex, I'm glad not. It's cool to change things sometimes. Smile

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mr. Robustus, could you also see Wu's screentime too? If I counted right, he has less than JW screentime.

Between his discussion with Mills about Blue, him trying to stop Mills from selling the Indoraptor, and his scene with Zia and Franklin, about 2:18 m. Not exactly his screentime, just how long his scenes lasted from the point he enters frame until he exits the scene. Probably a bit less than in JW (just looked it up, his scene talking with Masrani alone is 2:13 m long)

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Between his discussion with Mills about Blue, him trying to stop Mills from selling the Indoraptor, and his scene with Zia and Franklin, about 2:18 m. Not exactly his screentime, just how long his scenes lasted from the point he enters frame until he exits the scene. Probably a bit less than in JW (just looked it up, his scene talking with Masrani alone is 2:13 m long)

Wu has 4 minutes screentime in JW. I'm really mad to know in JW FK he has even less. Ugh. What a waste.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 6:51 pm

I think Wu if were lucky will get the screentime he deserves in the sixth film.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I almost wish the Indoraptor had has less screen time. I feel like we almost saw too much of him. I kinda feel like had they kept him in the shadows a little bit more it could have upped the tension a bit.

To be honest, I felt that Indoraptor was wasted and that the movie could have been made without him. They could have easily used a 'normal' raptor that was genetically modified to be an improved version. A JP raptor with the I. rex camo powers, for example.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 7:15 am

I think this photo is pretty cool:

Spoiler:

I personally liked all of them in the movie, acting-wise.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21