Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.

Go down 
+13
Spiegel
Dr. Wu
Baryonyx111
V.a.nublarensis
CT-1138
Dv-218
Troyal1
owenpratt
Physalisfresser
Tyrant Lizard
WeNeedToTalk
Dead2009
dance2nite
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Empty
PostSubject: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:14 pm

I'm a little surprised that nobody has made this yet, so I might as well.

According to Box Office Mojo.

It has made $809,016,064 dollars overall. $204,787,335 of it domestically, I.E. in the United States but the foreign gross is much larger, $604,228,729 dollars. That's almost 75%.

It's supposed to make $59 million this weekend, but that's a 60% drop from the opening weekend.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Should have no problem getting past the billion mark, still has yet to open in Japan too! Cool
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:24 am

Cant wait for someone to say the film flopped in the states because it didnt make Avengers type money.

Back to top Go down
WeNeedToTalk
Embryo
Embryo
WeNeedToTalk

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:28 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Cant wait for someone to say the film flopped in the states because it didnt make Avengers type money.
It's being projected for a 350 finish, that's a 50% decline from JW. It's not a flop by any means but it's a disappointment. That's about as big of a drop as TLJ from TFA and that was from mixed Word of Mouth/reception.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:49 am

I wouldn't say it's a disappointment, as the film seems to be tracking right along what the expectations were, if not slightly higher.

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 5:21 am

I think JW only became such a great hit because of the 14 year pause, if JW would have released this year it would have made 1.5 billion, too. Both JW and TFA were greatly sucessful because they were the first movies in the franchise that came after a long time of waiting.

I think 800 Million is a great number for FK especially regarding that this number is still growing.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 6:13 am

I've read that it might get to $1B in less than a week from now. That's fantastic, and it still has to open in Japan, where JW made like $70M.

I think in the end it will gross something like $1.1-1.2B worldwide, against the $1.6-1-7B of the previous entry. IMO it's not bad at all. Count also the fact it got released in the US two weeks later, then it has strong competition (Incredibles 2), and there is the WorldCup that overseas might hurt a little bit the box office.

I think it's getting great numbers.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Physalisfresser wrote:
I think JW only became such a great hit because of the 14 year pause, if JW would have released this year it would have made 1.5 billion, too. Both JW and TFA were greatly sucessful because they were the first movies in the franchise that came after a long time of waiting.

I think 800 Million is a great number for FK especially regarding that this number is still growing.
This. Also JW had a ton going for it that any other JP sequel just won’t. A movie about a full functioning park absolutely got tons of people nostalgic and interested. Kids loved the idea of starlord riding his bike through the woods with raptors. Chris pratt had finally achieved mega stardom one year prior in guardians. I also believe there was a bit of superhero fatigue that year and lots of people wanted other genres to come back. It was just really good timing all around.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Physalisfresser wrote:

This. Also JW had a ton going for it that any other JP sequel just won’t. A movie about a full functioning park absolutely got tons of people nostalgic and interested. Kids loved the idea of starlord riding his bike through the woods with raptors. Chris pratt had finally achieved mega stardom one year prior in guardians. I also believe there was a bit of superhero fatigue that year and lots of people wanted other genres to come back. It was just really good timing all around.

I agree. With all this. People wanted something else besides the MCU. I still think that people wanted this movie to be better, but by looking at the tracking, it's safe to say that many people were dissipointed that it didn't improve much.

WeNeedToTalk wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
It's being projected for a 350 finish, that's a 50% decline from JW. It's not a flop by any means but it's a disappointment. That's about as big of a drop as TLJ from TFA and that was from mixed Word of Mouth/reception.

Even more so considering how this was said to be smarter and better.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:47 pm

In my opinion it WAS smarter and better, but eh. Opinions are opinions. The mixed reception makes sense tho.
I will say that not even once I expected it to gross as much or more than JW- like you said, that one had a lot of factros going for it (the 1st JP movie in 14 years, superhero fatigue etc..).
However, this one is not doing bad so far- keep in mind, there's still the japan release.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
In my opinion it WAS smarter and better, but eh. Opinions are opinions. The mixed reception makes sense tho.
I will say that not even once I expected it to gross as much or more than JW- like you said, that one had a lot of factros going for it (the 1st JP movie in 14 years, superhero fatigue etc..).
However, this one is not doing bad so far- keep in mind, there's still the japan release.

That is true. Japan has always been interested in dinosaurs. If they weren't we wouldn't have got so much Godzilla movies. Razz

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Hahaha yeah. They actually opened a Jurassic cafe there for a limited time lmao Very Happy

https://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-themed-cafes-pop-up-in-japan-for-a-limited-time/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
Hahaha yeah. They actually opened a Jurassic cafe there for a limited time lmao Very Happy

https://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-themed-cafes-pop-up-in-japan-for-a-limited-time/

I saw that. I'm surprised that China hasn't done something like that considering how they are very big into dinosaurs. Even more so considering how the Liaoning finds from the mid-1990's and are still going on even today, have made it a treasure site of dinosaur fossils.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:57 pm

WeNeedToTalk wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

The Lost World also made less than the first film. The first Jurassic World also made more overseas than it did here. If FK reaches a billion, it's in no way a disappointment.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 11:26 pm

WeNeedToTalk wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
That's actually the average second week drop for any given summer movie.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 am

CT-1138 wrote:
WeNeedToTalk wrote:

He wasn't talking about the 2nd weekend drop, though. He was talking about the final total in the USA. It's actually gonna finish with around 400 rather than 350, which is still a sizable drop, but significantly better.
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:11 am

I', thinking some where around 380 perhaps for the domestic finish. That is a worse domestic drop than the one TLJ had from TFA.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:08 am

It's at 932.4 million now!

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
WeNeedToTalk wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

The Lost World also made less than the first film. The first Jurassic World also made more overseas than it did here. If FK reaches a billion, it's in no way a disappointment.

Here's the thing. At least with TLW, fans were united about the film and loved it. With JW:FK, I see quite a bit of division. Not only that, but among the GA, the reaction was mixed and has been improving. With this, I see FAR more hate.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 12:22 pm

It doesnt matter. Sequels almost never touch the original when it comes to box office numbers.

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
It doesnt matter. Sequels almost never touch the original when it comes to box office numbers.

True. No one expected Fallen kingdom to come anywhere near JW numbers. Same with TLJ. 1.1B+ at the worldwide box office is a big success. All I'm saying is that it will be a little disappointing if a sequel to a 650 million dollar domestic grosser can't hit 400 million.

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:31 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
WeNeedToTalk wrote:

He wasn't talking about the 2nd weekend drop, though. He was talking about the final total in the USA. It's actually gonna finish with around 400 rather than 350, which is still a sizable drop, but significantly better.
Oh, my bad. I thought he was talking about the second week drop.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
WeNeedToTalk
Embryo
Embryo
WeNeedToTalk

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 7:37 pm

h ttps://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-box-office-second-weekend/

Biggest second week drop in the franchise's history.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Pretty impressive that FK looks like it's going to surpass a billion dollars, despite the fact that JW got mostly lukewarm reviews and FK mediocre reviews.

Imagine the money a JP film that rivaled the OG in terms of quality could make.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Pretty impressive that FK looks like it's going to surpass a billion dollars, despite the fact that JW got mostly lukewarm reviews and FK mediocre reviews.

Imagine the money a JP film that rivaled the OG in terms of quality could make.
Probably not that much more from what FK will make. Because it seems like FK is basically doing what it's expected to in most countries.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:14 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Probably not that much more from what FK will make. Because it seems like FK is basically doing what it's expected to in most countries.

I tend to disagree. The perceived quality of a film has a lot to do with it's staying power these days. If a film is perceived as good/great by most people, positive word of mouth can give it extra legs.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:58 am

I think the internet can really be deceiving. Most of the people I know in real life loved the movie. Word of mouth is probably positive, despite the fact negativity, as usual, can seem louder.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:44 am

I think there is different scale for different opinions, but at the same time they all count the same.

For example, a professional film critic might be looking at the film in a more "film student" light.

We fan boys, although it seems there are different sub branches, are all looking at things in a different light involving themes, canons, plots, expansive universes, and so on.

The real general audience is viewing it as just a movie that entertains them.

I'm sure we could list more but you get my point. All those opinions have a different perspective of the same thing. For example, 69. What number is the six, what number is the nine? Now flip your phone upside down and the answer is reversed  because of the perspective.

I think all the opinions have a relevance though. They attest to different aspects of the film based on who is looking to get what out of it.

V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 pm

As of last weekend, domestic is at $265.7 million and overseas is at $669.2 million for a total of $934.9 million. Both were underestimated initially.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:21 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
As of last weekend, domestic is at $265.7 million and overseas is at $669.2 million for a total of $934.9 million. Both were underestimated initially.

Lovely! Worldwide gross will probably end at $1.2Billion or so.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next