Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.

Go down 
+13
Spiegel
Dr. Wu
Baryonyx111
V.a.nublarensis
CT-1138
Dv-218
Troyal1
owenpratt
Physalisfresser
Tyrant Lizard
WeNeedToTalk
Dead2009
dance2nite
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 5:59 pm

According to Box Office Mojo. JW:FK made just under $61 million domestically in its second weekend at the box office.

It's made $943 million overall so far.

I guess the real question is how much it will drop once Ant-Man and The Wasp comes out. Granted, it was going to lose the top spot anyway, but considering how much of the fans and GA don't like this movie, I can't help but wonder if it will simply get destroyed.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 pm

It going to get "destroyed" regardless in it's third week simply by virtue of the fact that it's in its third week and the next big blockbuster happens to be right around the corner.

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:22 pm

So is it going to break the billion mark?

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Spiegel wrote:
So is it going to break the billion mark?

At this rate, eventually yes. It will might make to $1.2 billion, but it will have a hard time ahead of it.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It going to get "destroyed" regardless in it's third week simply by virtue of the fact that it's in its third week and the next big blockbuster happens to be right around the corner.

People thought that about JW as well when Inside Out came out a week after it. And it took 3 weeks for that movie to overtake JW. And even then it was only by $1-$1.1 million.

This is different. Between Black Panther going on a 5 week box office warpath and making over $1.3 billion and Avengers: Infinity War making over $2 billion, the MCU has been destroying competition left and right. If this recent JP/JW movie had a better word of mouth, then it via its marketing power and brand name would have held up much better, despite it losing the top spot. That is not the case here.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
People thought that about JW as well when Inside Out came out a week after it. And it took 3 weeks for that movie to overtake JW. And even then it was only by $1-$1.1 million.

The difference being that Inside Out was released the week after JW, so JW was still going strong, whereas Fallen Kingdom will have been out for three weeks (and longer overseas) by the time Ant Man comes out. Not remotely similar situations.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
This is different. Between Black Panther going on a 5 week box office warpath and making over $1.3 billion and Avengers: Infinity War making over $2 billion, the MCU has been destroying competition left and right. If this recent JP/JW movie had a better word of mouth, then it via its marketing power and brand name would have held up much better, despite it losing the top spot. That is not the case here.

While in theory I do agree that FK would most certainly have had more legs had the film been more well received (and said as much earlier in the thread), there is usually a pretty significant drop in numbers between OG and sequel, regardless of the sequels quality. We need not look outside of this franchise for proof, as TLW, while still extremely successful, didn't come close to touching JP's numbers.

I find it hard to believe that a perceived improvement in the quality of the film would have boosted FK's numbers to an degree that's being implied.

At the end of the day, the film has performed extremely well, and will end it's run well over a billion dollars. On a personal level, I can see how that might irk some people who didn't care for the film, and understand why some may want to downplay it.

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
WeNeedToTalk
Embryo
Embryo
WeNeedToTalk

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Except TLW isn't well liked by the general audience at all.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:07 am

WeNeedToTalk wrote:

Actually, it's been getting more love as time has gone by. If anything else, what you said applies to JP3 more then anything else.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:35 pm

More than $11M on Tuesday, which means it's having good legs. It will surpass $300M by this Thursday. Might even reach $400M domestic at the end of its run, if it holds well. We'll see.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
WeNeedToTalk wrote:

Actually, it's been getting more love as time has gone by. If anything else, what you said applies to JP3 more then anything else.
If Youtube and movie website comments are anything to go by, I still often see a surprising amount of people who like TLW the least out of the original trilogy, and prefer JP/// simply because it's shorter and "less boring". Plus a lot of people seem to consider it one of Spielberg's worst films in general.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Viperman wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
WeNeedToTalk wrote:

If Youtube and movie website comments are anything to go by, I still often see a surprising amount of people who like TLW the least out of the original trilogy, and prefer JP/// simply because it's shorter and "less boring". Plus a lot of people seem to consider it one of Spielberg's worst films in general.

I'm really surprised by that. I guess they don't know how badly JP3 damaged the brand or know about all the production values. Only Chris Stuckmann likes TLW over JP3 by a large margin.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Viperman wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
WeNeedToTalk wrote:

I'm one of those people who watched both JP and TLW in theaters (I was 10 years in 1993), read the books, played the games, fell in love with that whole world way before JP3 came out, and I loved TLW. I still do, and I still see it as more of a "real" JP film than JP3. But JP3 fascinates me. I -know- it's bad, I -know- it has a stupid script, but I still love it for how, in the words of the late great Roger Ebert, "it's a nice little thrill-machine", and I love some of the spectacular visuals it provides, so I always find myself returning to it for these reasons, so not all people who like this movie are dumb or simply nostalgic about JP3 because they grew up with it (because I didn't, I grew up with the original).
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Actually, maybe "love" is a strong word, but I like the movie for what it is, and I find myself watching it more often than TLW (which I still find to be a better and more intelligent movie).
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Viperman wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
WeNeedToTalk wrote:

I'm really surprised by that. I guess they don't know how badly JP3 damaged the brand or know about all the production values. Only Chris Stuckmann likes TLW over JP3 by a large margin.
To be fair, most of the GA seems to like (or at least, prefer) JP/// in a B-movie sense, where as they admit TLW tries to be profound but for them, it fails. It was nice to see some reviewers like Chris Stuckmann give it some love for a change.

Lost wrote:
I'm one of those people who watched both JP and TLW in theaters (I was 10 years in 1993), read the books, played the games, fell in love with that whole world way before JP3 came out, and I loved TLW. I still do, and I still see it as more of a "real" JP film than JP3. But JP3 fascinates me. I -know- it's bad, I -know- it has a stupid script, but I still love it for how, in the words of the late great Roger Ebert, "it's a nice little thrill-machine", and I love some of the spectacular visuals it provides, so I always find myself returning to it for these reasons, so not all people who like this movie are dumb or simply nostalgic about JP3 because they grew up with it (because I didn't, I grew up with the original).
I agree actually, JP/// always has been and likely always will be my least favorite film in the franchise, but I never hated it like a lot of fans do. It has nostalgic value to me and I like that it tried to switch things up with the Spinosaurus, Pteranodons, and Raptor behavior. I watched it again recently and something about it that I never really appreciated were the animatronics, aside from the Spinosaurus in the plane scene they look really good, especially the Raptors are some of the best looking in the whole series. Especially after JW and FK where animatronics are more scarce (almost non-existent in JW's case).
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 10:40 am

Domestic estimates for Wednesday is $11.6 million. It barely decreased from Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:17 am

Great! Hopefully it will reach $400M at the end of its domestic run.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:26 pm

It's supposed to cross 1 billion today.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 11:45 am

It did just over $7 million domestic on Thursday. It looks like a huge drop, but it's expected.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 12:16 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
It did just over $7 million domestic on Thursday. It looks like a huge drop, but it's expected.

It's a 38% drop, actually a better result than expected, since some predicted a 50% drop.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:11 pm

It has officially made 1 billion. Has the film been released in Japan yet?

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Not yet.

But yay...as a fan of FK, I'm glad to see it doing well...hopefully the cast & crew take this a positive reaction to their work.
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:01 pm

I would love to see it beating TLJ, but I fear that won't happen, at least it did beat Solo, or am I wron here?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Physalisfresser wrote:
I would love to see it beating TLJ, but I fear that won't happen, at least it did beat Solo, or am I wron here?

No, it did beat Solo hands down. Solo bombed quite hard.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:15 pm

I'm just glad it's doing well, no matter how much people did or didnt like the film, because it guarantees a third film and potential spin off/expanded universe material. Hollywood is going to chase that money and if they know Jurassic World/Park can get them enough money, they probably will

dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Yay for crossing $1B, let's hope it can at least get to $1.2B by the end of it's run, this film deserves it, so underrated! cheers
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 11:49 pm

I’m super interested to see what numbers Japan yields. JW did really well over there.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 2:43 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I’m super interested to see what numbers Japan yields. JW did really well over there.
You know, JW actually did less than what JP and TLW did in Japan. FK could theoretically increase from JW there. Probably not gonna happen, but still.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 pm

In it's 3rd weekend, this movie made over $28.6 million.

So far, it's made just under $1.061 billion.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 pm

FK came out in Japan today. When should we start hearing something?
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
FK came out in Japan today. When should we start hearing something?
It's projected to make over $10 million in Japan by Sunday.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 9:46 am

JWFK did an estimated $15.52 million domestically this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.   JW:FK Box Office tracking thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JW:FK Box Office tracking thread.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next