Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be Empty
PostSubject: How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be   How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 am

Hi folks. Before I write to you my brief idea on how the Jurassic World Trilogy could or should have been played out I will copy and paste this article regarding Director Christopher Nolan on his epic ‘The Dark Knight Trilogy’ cinematic masterpiece.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/13/the-dark-knight-trilogy-genres-christopher-nolan/

What he said here is what interested me in terms of each separate film in the trilogy:  

“According to Total Film, Nolan explained the genres of the three Dark Knight Trilogy movies. 2005’s Batman Begins is a “hero’s journey.” The sequel, 2008’s The Dark Knight, is a “crime movie.” The final installment of the series, 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, is a “war film.”

Nolan went on to say that the genres are defined by each film’s villain. In Batman Begins, it is the hero’s "mentor,” Ra’s al Ghul (Liam Neeson) who is the villain. In The Dark Knight, it is the terrorist Joker (Heath Ledger). In The Dark Knight Rises, it is the “militaristic Bane” (Tom Hardy)”

One thing I like is in which each relatable Batman movie consisted of its own individual genre thanks to the key villain(s) and storyline as mentioned in the article - I feel this is something that could have worked well for the Jurassic World Trilogy (and still could with the Untitled Jurassic World 3) although perhaps a little late in terms of the overall arc of the story throughout. I will explain more below.

I feel that by having put more emphasis for the type of genres into each of the separate Jurassic films in this new trilogy would have guided the overall arc of the story a little better so that the storyline/events flow from one movie to the other from beginning of the end, especially with the help of how each genre is defined by the type of villain(s) associated with the narrative of the story. For example,:

Jurassic World - an Action/Disaster genre that focuses on the ultimate disaster and destruction of the park and with the way the lead villain, Vic Hoskins, who is a simple security & operations park worker utilises this to take advantage of his future visions of weaponised dinosaurs.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - a Horror/Crime genre that focuses on the corruption and deceit of the rescue mission and auction, dealing with corporate espionage and with Biosyn and other competing companies obtaining the dinosaur technology from the criminalised behaviour/actions from events of the movie. Combined with horror for what Bayona has already successfully brought to the table. THIS is where I personally believe Biosyn should have come into the storyline in relation to the criminal and espionage element of dealing with the transfer of dinosaurs from island to mainland. There is no other time in the story I can think that would fit well. This is where the films villain and Biosyn representative Lewis Dodgson should have been brought in.

We all know Biosyn is the rival genetics company to InGen. Biosyn has the reputation of stealing ideas and information from other companies in order to advance their own agenda for profit. For them not to have been mentioned or shown so far in this trilogy is a surprise. What better way would be to showcase Dodgson at the auction scenes obtaining the dinosaurs/ Dino technology only for him to then be able to sell it around the world to mass corporations and terrorists for profit in Jurassic World 3. Have Dodgson be the lead-in villain for the next movie also. Having Dodgson representing Biosyn would have drawn a deeper connection to Jurassic Park also. Plus I feel as though we’d have more of an emotional concern for Claire, Owen and Ingen overall on a relatable level considering we have already developed that existing attachment in terms of the threat and knowing what harm Biosyn is capable of from watching previous movies. Rather than all random criminals seen at the auction.  The dynamics between Dr. Henry Wu and Dodgson would have also been interesting to look forward too and see in Jurassic World 3 don’t you think? Ted Levine would have been great for the role of the villain Dodgson where we could have seen him be killed off in Jurassic World 3. Have Ken Wheatley be played by another actor. Show both Wu and Dodgson make own separate getaways at the end of Fallen Kingdom. Also Dr. Henry Wu and Dodgson will have filmed separate scenes, just not have Wu be seen at the auction, simple as that. Have Mills work under Dodgson and Biosyn. The betrayal would have been much larger and the murder more meaningful once Lockwood was to uncover this further secret orchestration.

In a small sense, Dodgson to Claire and Owen is what The Joker is to Batman. We know (and they know) that they are, and have been, all part of the problem since the beginning. Like Mills said, Owen and Claire are the parents of the new world. Owen never thought about the consequences when training dinosaurs and Claire was no different when doing it for profit. Biosyn has been around since the very beginning and has always wanted to obtain the dinosaurs for greed and profit and now because of circumstances out of their control they’re all contributing by letting it happen albeit on a much grander and threatening scale.

Dr Wu is not a bad guy/villain and he never was. He has just been caught up in his own unintentional wrong doings. Even the actor B.D. Wong has stated that his character is not bad. Colin Trevorrow said Jurassic World 3 will be about redemption. Maybe have Dr. Wu finally come to the realisation of his errors and join forces with Owen, Claire and co. as a way of trying to fix things. A way to redeem himself from the past now that the dinosaur technology has spread global and it’s now out of their hands completely. He can still be killed off as in the novels. In fact this will the then fit in perfectly with his ultimate unfortunate demise and at least he would have tried.

Untitled Jurassic World 3 / Jurassic World: Dawn/Rise of Extinction" - a War/Thriller genre that focuses and deals with the aftermath of dinosaurs having been let out with humans and dinosaurs having been forced to coexist, widespread backlash, and with the ultimate premise of a breakout of war between both species in order for their own survival, hence the wording ‘Rise’ or ‘Dawn’ in the title for Jurassic World 3 as that would make it more relatable to the storyline (personal choice of course). Have Dodgson as the existing villain along with larger military types and global corporation figures.

Taking into consideration how each genre is defined by each villain in Nolan’s well structured trilogy I believe this could have worked well for Jurassic World. To some degree it already is however I think it hasn’t really been executed as well enough. Dodgson would have worked well for Fallen Kingdom, focusing more on the introductory crime and espionage element for both villain and storyline. Don’t get me wrong, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is THE best sequel in the whole franchise in my personal opinion and always will be (unless Trevorrow shocks us with a great Jurassic World 3 movie). I just think maybe the storyline could have been altered slightly - more than anything to involve Biosyn’s existence in this current universe?

So there you have it. I would have at least brought back Biosyn and Dodgson if I was writing and supervising the script. Though I hear the writer Derek Connolly wasn’t even a fan or never even watched the Jurassic movies before writing for Jurassic World, hence why he may never have thought about this? That’s a shame if so. Also, I believe there should be a female type villain brought in for once - in order to make it fairly balanced as it always seems to be men. The majority of villain type characters represented in the movies are just portrayed to be rich white men (Peter Ludlow, Eli Mills, Gunnar Eversol) as well as other males (Lewis Dodgson, Dieter Stark, Dennis Nedry, Vic Hoskins, Ken Wheatley) who get killed. THIS is sexist and needs to change. As mentioned earlier, Dr. Wu is not the villain as B.D. Wong also stated. So please, I think we can all agree that the identity political agenda needs to stop in the new Jurassic World movies. Zara being the only female character to be killed was progress in the franchise at least and this was well recieved. Let’s see more women die for once also.

The way I would structure the franchise is;

Jurassic World - Action/Disaster
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Horror/Crime
Untitled Jurassic World 3 - War/Thriller

What do you think? Do you think it would have worked better? Or have actually not made too much of a difference? Maybe Dodson and Biosyn could appear in Jurassic World 3.

I still rate Fallen Kingdom a solid 8/10. Directing, cinematography, CGI effects and animatronics is a HUGE improvement from the first Jurassic World and Bayona contributed remarkably to the franchise with Fallen Kingdom. Nobody can argue that and I cannot wait for Jurassic World 3 / Jurassic Park 6!
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be   How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 am

I think Mills is a sort of new Dodgson. But, unlike him, he's a traitor. Dodgson was evil, but at least he was always a concurrent/enemy of Hammond (and Lockwood, at this point).

Btw, Colin actually said that JW is an action-adventure movie, FK is a thriller gothic-horror, while JW3 will be a sci-fi thriller.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be   How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:12 pm

^Tbh I think that Eli is basically the on-screen version of TLW novel Dodgson- a greedy, shifty, selfish and backstabbing individul who attempts to exploit wild dinosaurs for profit, won't hesistate to murder other people in order to achieve his goals and ultimately gets his comeuppance in the form of a hungry T. rex Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be   How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
^Tbh I think that Eli is basically the on-screen version of TLW novel Dodgson- a greedy, shifty, selfish and backstabbing individul who attempts to exploit wild dinosaurs for profit, won't hesistate to murder other people in order to achieve his goals and ultimately gets his comeuppance in the form of a hungry T. rex Very Happy
Also, before dying by the teeth of a Rex, he hides under an SUV. Wink

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be   How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 5:07 am

^Haha, that's a good point- Dodgson did hide under a SUV before the Rex dragged him out. I actually wonder if the similarities are intentional...

I actually think that having Biosyn play a role in JW3 is a pretty good way for things to come full circle- especially with the "open source" theme the movie is apperantly going for. It's a shame that Dodgson's actor is a piece of s**t, but if they find an actor who could replace him I'll be down for that. Or, just introduce a new head of Biosyn instead of him, like OP said.

I'm really curious to see what Colin Trevorrow means by "sci-fi thriller", sounds really intriguing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be   How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How The Jurassic World Trilogy Could Be
Page 1 of 1