Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?

Go down 
+4
eagc7
Megatronus Rex
Sickle_Claw
Tyrant Lizard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Empty
PostSubject: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 4:50 pm

So, this could be kinda big.... Source seems a bit sketchy, but it is what it is.

Quote :
We haven’t even seen Jurassic World 3 yet, but Universal is apparently already working on plans for a whole new trilogy of movies to follow the current one. After the franchise seemed to be fossilized for good, 2015’s Jurassic World resurrected the dino-themed blockbuster series to great financial success. 2018’s Fallen Kingdom followed and the aforementioned third film is due out next year. We expected this to wrap up the story, but maybe it’ll actually serve as something of a new beginning instead.

According to sources close to WGTC – the same ones who said that both a Scream reboot and Ace Ventura 3 are in development, which has since been confirmed – the studio is plotting a further Jurassic trilogy, with the hopes that they can get both Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard to return. The two stars have been the focal point of the 2010s movies, playing raptor trainer Owen Grady and Claire Dearing, former operations manager at the Jurassic World theme park. So, don’t expect JW3 to close the book on the duo for good.

Colin Trevorrow has been the brains behind the Jurassic World movies so far, having directed the first one, written and produced the second and returning to direct the third. At this stage, though, we’ve yet to hear whether he’d stick around for this next trilogy. And the fact that he’s been so hands on with the franchise in the past few years means it could go either way – he might want to bow out for new challenges, or he might be reluctant to pass it on to someone else.

In any case, Fallen Kingdom ended with dinosaurs introduced into the world’s ecosystem, with the recent short film Battle at Big Rock touching on the awesome – and frightening – new potential this brings to the series from now on. Maybe Jurassic World 3 isn’t enough to explore this completely different status quo, then, and an additional trilogy is warranted.

Of course, it’ll be some time before we get any sort of concrete plot details, but let us know your thoughts on Jurassic World‘s doors possibly staying open in the comments section down below.

Personally, I don't think there's much demand for a new trilogy continuing the story with Owen and Claire as the leads. While we all have our own ideas on what the franchise should do after the JW saga ends, be it prequels, a full on reboot or expansion spinoffs, I think most of us can agree that this probably isn't the way to go.  

I imagine the article is likely horse poop, but it's an excuse to get a discussion going anyways.

Thoughts?

New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Jpbann10

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Honestly, consider the source. WGTC is a garbage web site.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Honestly, consider the source. WGTC is a garbage web site.

Maybe, but it's an excuse to get a discussion going.

Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 10:40 pm

I'm not personally a fan of Claire or Owen so to have another trilogy with them as the leads would sink my excitement considerably. I'd rather the story be something before or during this current trilogy rather than a sequel trilogy. Better yet, why even another trilogy? Just make another film that doesn't need to be part of a pre-planned or impromptu trilogy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 6:53 pm

WGTC aint the most trustworthy of sites, heck they even said during the whole Spider-Man fiasco with Marvel and Sony before D23 started that Marvel and Sony had reached a new deal and they would make an announcemnt at D23, well turns out no new deal was made at the time (until a whole month later) and they even said that the new deal was gonan be for 7 more films, official word from Marvel and Sony is that its a 2-picture deal only

Now i wouldn't mind more Jurassic films myself, but i take this with a huge grain fo salt until we get the news from a more trustworthy source/site

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Even though WGTC isn’t the most trustworthy we all know this franchise isn’t ending forever with the money it rolls in lol.

No matter how good or bad the films are money is the one thing we have in our corner right now.

But let’s assume it is 100% true. Honestly I’d like to see either prequels or different timelines. I don’t say different timeliness because I’m salty about where it’s going. But because there’s only so long you can drag one continuity out imo. But maybe I’m wrong there.

I’d really like a Sorna prequel film. If I could pick anything lol.
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Even though WGTC isn’t the most trustworthy we all know this franchise isn’t ending forever with the money it rolls in lol.

No matter how good or bad the films are money is the one thing we have in our corner right now.

Totally agree, as long JP makes tons and tons of money, Universal will ensure to keep Jurassic alive for years to come, until they dont make as much money.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 10:24 am

One thing that's really bugging me on Twitter. I'm seeing a handful of people on Twitter going after the JP/JW franchise for apparently owning some sort of monopoly on dinosaurs, and this headline is stoking the fire.

I'm all for more dinosaur movies, but the moronic attacks on this franchise simply for being the only franchise in recent memory to actually cater to dinosaur fans is truly baffling. Between JP3 and JW there was a fourteen year gap where Hollywood had ample opportunity to make dinosaur films, and for whatever reason they didn't bother. During that time frame, we got a grand total of two live action dinosaur films. King Kong and Land of the Lost, neither of which I would consider to be a traditional dinosaur film, as one was literally just a remake of King Kong and one was a screwball comedy starring Will Farrell. That's two films in fourteen years. And yet somehow the JW is to blame for monopolizing the market. Idiots.

/endofrant

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 7:55 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
One thing that's really bugging me on Twitter. I'm seeing a handful of people on Twitter going after the JP/JW franchise for apparently owning some sort of monopoly on dinosaurs, and this headline is stoking the fire.

I'm all for more dinosaur movies, but the moronic attacks on this franchise simply for being the only franchise in recent memory to actually cater to dinosaur fans is truly baffling. Between JP3 and JW there was a fourteen year gap where Hollywood had ample opportunity to make dinosaur films, and for whatever reason they didn't bother. During that time frame, we got a grand total of two live action dinosaur films. King Kong and Land of the Lost, neither of which I would consider to be a traditional dinosaur film, as one was literally just a remake of King Kong and one was a screwball comedy starring Will Farrell. That's two films in fourteen years. And yet somehow the JW is to blame for monopolizing the market. Idiots.

/endofrant

Technically, the 3 Godzilla movies (The 2 Godzillaverse ones and Shin Godzilla) also counts as a dinosaur/prehistoric monster movies...even if they are mostly detached from the genre.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 10:31 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Technically, the 3 Godzilla movies (The 2 Godzillaverse ones and Shin Godzilla) also counts as a dinosaur/prehistoric monster movies...even if they are mostly detached from the genre.

I'm specifically talking about Hollywood produced films between the "dead period", so technically the only film you mentioned that would qualify would be G14, and no, I most certainly would not qualify it as a 'dinosaur movie'.

The point is that virtually no serious Hollywood live action 'dinosaur movies' came out between JP3 and JW, so to pretend that Hollywood is desperate to make dinosaur films but can't due to JW holding some sort of imaginary monopoly on dinosaur films is mind-numbingly asinine when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary. They had 14 years in which the JP franchise was thought to be dead to work with, and they didn't do jack shit.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 10:43 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm specifically talking about Hollywood produced films between the "dead period", so technically the only film you mentioned that would qualify would be G14, and no, I most certainly would not qualify it as a 'dinosaur movie'.

The point is that virtually no serious Hollywood live action 'dinosaur movies' came out between JP3 and JW, so to pretend that Hollywood is desperate to make dinosaur films but can't due to JW holding some sort of imaginary monopoly on dinosaur films is mind-numbingly asinine when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary. They had 14 years in which the JP franchise was thought to be dead to work with, and they didn't do jack shit.

We agree to disagree on the first part.

I agree with you the second part though. I don't know why Hollywood is so reluctant to make dinosaur movies that aren't good. I'm still waiting for somebody to make Creation (it was adapted into the first Kong) or remake The Lost World or Gwangi.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

We agree to disagree on the first part.

Technically speaking, the G14 Godzilla is a Titan, which is something entirely different from a dinosaur. Just sayin'.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I agree with you the second part though. I don't know why Hollywood is so reluctant to make dinosaur movies that aren't good. I'm still waiting for somebody to make Creation (it was adapted into the first Kong) or remake The Lost World or Gwangi.

I'm all for more dinosaur movies. Hell, even if it's a made up dinosaur, I'd love to see a updated take on your namesake.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 1:47 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm all for more dinosaur movies. Hell, even if it's a made up dinosaur, I'd love to see a updated take on your namesake.

I'd love to see that too. Preferably as the alpha predator in the Congo Basin via the remake of The Lost World that I was talking about earlier.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 12:03 am

Unfortunately WGTC just threw fuel on the flames of this rumor. They replied to me on instagram when i was posting that i thought it was dubious to someone else's post on insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6bELLUAtIh/

"matter of fact this is correct! The studio is in fact developing another JP movie which is set to star Pratt and Howard, however the release date has since been changed. We have NEW DETAILS on the movie which will be disclosed early 2020, so stay tuned"

So....yeah. Theres gonna be a BS plot leak in the upcoming months, so watch out for that.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'd love to see that too. Preferably as the alpha predator in the Congo Basin via the remake of The Lost World that I was talking about earlier.

IMO they should keep it a sea monster...a river monster just isn't as scary. There's something fundamentally creepy/Lovecraftian about something living on the bottom of the ocean.

If they want to go meta they could have James Cameron (or a Cameron wanna-be) discover it. Razz

BTW, the Russo Brothers from Marvel (made the last two Avengers films), have a deal to reboot material from the MGM library, so if they wanted to they could do a new "Gorgo".
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 11:36 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That’s actually a good point. Perhaps studios fear the stigma of other Dino movies looking cheap compared to JP? Because JP really set the bar high for how good a Dino looks, especially in design.

But yeah I’d really like more dinosaur films
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 6:54 pm

Jurassic Park set the standard for dinosaur movies so high that everything else has looked cheap or subpar in comparison. People seem afraid to make a dinosaur movie because it'll automatically be compared to Jurassic Park, and you can't really beat that (like every shark movie is compared to Jaws). But there will never be a serious alternative to this franchise if people don't step up and at least attempt to make something good. The first step is trying and I'd love for other studios to have their own signature dinosaur films.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That’s actually a good point. Perhaps studios fear the stigma of other Dino movies looking cheap compared to JP? Because JP really set the bar high for how good a Dino looks, especially in design.

But yeah I’d really like more dinosaur films

Megatronus Rex wrote:
Jurassic Park set the standard for dinosaur movies so high that everything else has looked cheap or subpar in comparison. People seem afraid to make a dinosaur movie because it'll automatically be compared to Jurassic Park, and you can't really beat that (like every shark movie is compared to Jaws). But there will never be a serious alternative to this franchise if people don't step up and at least attempt to make something good. The first step is trying and I'd love for other studios to have their own signature dinosaur films.

I still think you can make a good remake of The Lost World, Gwangi, or make one of the unmade/unfinished dinosaur movie projects that Willis O'Brien/Ray Harryhausen wanted to make provided you have the right people.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 4:47 am

Megatronus Rex wrote:

This. Every single dino movie since then makes everyone go "Oh this is Jurassic Park like".

There is only so much you can do with dinosaurs chasing people and trying to destroy. A similar thing is happened with Disney and their Star Wars sequel trilogy...They went back to the "Small band of Rebels going against a big Empire" once again and the overall reaction was "This is not as special as it was before..."

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?   New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jurassic World Trilogy in the works?
Page 1 of 1