Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)

Go down 
+9
Baryonyx111
Spiegel
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Amadieus
Levine
CT-1138
Tyrant Lizard
JurassicJ
13 posters
AuthorMessage
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:42 am

Quite possibly they needed a female writer like Emily Carmichael to help write her into the movie to help understand her character more. That would be good. Emily is a feminist from what I am led to believe when reading what she has to say in interviews and the character of Ellie Sattler represents that strong female lead. Even Laura Dern recently admitted to her character as being a strong feminist.

Though let’s just hope that Kathleen Kennedy does not return for Jurassic World 3 and carry forth her awful feminist agenda. People at the top at Disney are not happy with what’s she brought over to the table for the new Star Wars movies and is one of the reasons why the recent Star Wars movies recieved critical negative responses and reviews due to identity politics and political correctness. In fact Kathleen is expected to leave by the end of this year.

Midnights Edge has a well and fairly balanced review on why identity politics and political correctness ruined the Star Wars movies and the ongoing clash between Kathleen Kennedy and LucasFilm/Disney -  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oy9ryBoNhys

“Following the reception of “Solo: A Star Wars Story” and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”, the Star Wars brand has been damaged. Lucasfilm and the media outlets sympathetic towards them have viciously attacked the Star Wars fanbase for being toxic and what have you not, but if rumors of a recent conference between Bob Iger and Lucasfilm are to be believed, Disney actually holds Kathleen Kennedy responsible for the mess and controversy surrounding the brand.“

We can only hope that Kathleen Kennedy does not come in for Jurassic World 3. Leave it to Connolly, Trevorrow and Carmichael.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Before anything I'm just gonna jump right in here and remind everyone to keep it civil.

Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:54 pm

I made it 2 paragraphs in to this post and I'm like "could you just not?"

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Oh lord lmao.
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:00 pm

While I do agree, I don't see JW3 becoming a feminist propaganda piece.

Anyhow is this confirmed? As the title suggests so.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:05 pm

It's been rumored that Trevorrow would like one of the original cast to return, but they haven't said anything yet about whether they've gotten anybody.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Amadieus wrote:
While I do agree, I don't see JW3 becoming a feminist propaganda piece.

Anyhow is this confirmed? As the title suggests so.

Agreed very much so.

Thankfully Emily Carmichael can do a better job than Connolly and Trevorrow on the writing.

Thankfully Kathleen Kennedy didn’t return for the Jurassic World franchise and turn it into Star Wars as that franchise is now divided among critics and fans.

Luckily I can’t see Jurassic World becoming a feminist propaganda piece also.
Back to top Go down
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Before anything I'm just gonna jump right in here and remind everyone to keep it civil.

It’s perfectly fine to talk about political correctness and identity politics in modern movies these days.
You know it becomes a political agenda when movies adopt political correctness - just look at the recent Star Wars movies and how it killed it. The Last Jedi even bombed hard in China for related reasons. I’m a person of mixed race and can even see this blatant attempt.

Fallen Kingdom did take a jibe at President Trump on many occasions and many news articles picked up involved this, so to mention the political agenda of any side (let or right) included in movies is just as important and relevant talk about, don’t worry.

We can compare this franchise to Star Wars and see how damaging identity’s politics has played and killed that’s franchise! Luckily Jurassic World has not suffered the same fate - for now.

Last edited by JurassicJ on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:13 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
It's been rumored that Trevorrow would like one of the original cast to return, but they haven't said anything yet about whether they've gotten anybody.

I can see Laura Dern will return - she has moved back into the spotlight in recent years and her popularity will have no doubt been increased due to appearing in major recent blockbusters like Star Wars.

Same thing happened with Jeff appearing in the Independence  Day sequel, raising his popularity in Hollywood again and then further commencing work to appear in Marvel superhero movies before appearing in Fallen Kingdom.

As for Sam Neill, while he has been out of the spotlight he would likely return for a smaller role than Laura or Jeff.

The likelihood of seeing a further return of both Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum is more than Sams as they’re arguably more popular and more in demand in Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:39 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I made it 2 paragraphs in to this post and I'm like "could you just not?"

This.

About the main subject of the post, I think it's almost guaranteed that Laura Dern will return for the next movie. She's a big name nowadays with Twin Peaks, Last Jedi, Big Little Lies et al., and she has always open for a return to the franchise (she even showed up for the 25th Anniversary Celebration). That, coupled with Trevorrow's comments in interviews about how she never got her own movie, seem like pretty big hints.

I'm just wondering how are they gonna justify her return to the action in the next movie, considering Sattler is a Paleobotanist, not a dinosaur Paleontologist. I'm also wondering if the next movie is gonna tackle the delicate subject of the Sattler and Grant split-up in JP III, considering that these new movies barely acknowledge the events of the original sequels, and the Sattler/Grant split-up was almost as controversial as the T. rex/Spinosaurus fight.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm just wondering how they are going to handle Ellie's character. Will she keep the Degler name, or are they going to throw out a line that she divorced Mark?
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Wasnt Mark Degler part of the State Department or government? I could be completely wrong as I've read too many fan fictions lately.

Anyway, if he is that could somehow be a tie on for her potential role, the U.S. government trying to deal with this Dinosaur Crisis.

Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:17 pm

I was reading the OP and I'm just thinking "what the fuck". Another one of these "SJW feminist ruining star wars!!!!" people but now in the most random place and brining this up in the most random and nonsensical way.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:30 pm

If she comes back then I hope that she doesn't get wasted like Malcolm was in this latest movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Wasnt Mark Degler part of the State Department or government? I could be completely wrong as I've read too many fan fictions lately.

Anyway, if he is that could somehow be a tie on for her potential role, the U.S. government trying to deal with this Dinosaur Crisis.

Yeah, he worked for the State Department, not sure what state they lived in..

Grant is driving an Oldsmobile with Washington D.C. license plates. Mark is seen getting into a dark blue car (I THINK it is a Cadillac, but I'm not sure. IMCDB does not have it listed), however the license plate is hidden by shrubbery.

Not sure why Grant is driving a car with D.C. plates when his paleontology work is in Montana.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:35 pm

I have said this a number of times to different people: we have a Star Wars thread. You can discuss this stuff within reason there. It’s purely conspiracy to think Kennedy will be let go, and she’ll mosey on over to the Jurassic franchise. Even so, it’s hard to not to read one of these posts without getting some kind of agenda, so if you want to discuss returning characters and such, that is fine. However. Drop the Star Wars, social justice discussion before it even gets going.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:21 pm

1morey wrote:
Not sure why Grant is driving a car with D.C. plates when his paleontology work is in Montana.

According to the JP III script, that was his last stop on his fundraising tour (and probably the reason why he was visiting Ellie on her home in the first place). That was a rental car.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:27 pm

JurassicJ wrote:
It’s perfectly fine to talk about political correctness and identity politics in modern movies these days.
You know it becomes a political agenda when movies adopt political correctness - just look at the recent Star Wars movies and how it killed it. The Last Jedi even bombed hard in China for related reasons. I’m a person of mixed race and can even see this blatant attempt.

Fallen Kingdom did take a jibe at President Trump on many occasions and many news articles picked up involved this, so to mention the political agenda of any side (let or right) included in movies is just as important and relevant talk about, don’t worry.

We can compare this franchise to Star Wars and see how damaging identity’s politics has played and killed that’s franchise! Luckily Jurassic World has not suffered the same fate - for now.

"Perfectly fine" discussion is to be decided by the administrators.

Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
1morey wrote:

According to the JP III script, that was his last stop on his fundraising tour (and probably the reason why he was visiting Ellie on her home in the first place). That was a rental car.

Gotcha, I had never read the script for any of the films (save for the ending scene of TLW that was replaced with the San Diego sequence.)
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 7:00 am

I honestly believe that Ellie, Grant and Malcolm will all return in the next movie.

Dern and Goldblum have both expressed an interest in retuning for the third instalment. Goldblum has hinted that Ellie will return. Trevorrow has stated in interviews that he is aware that Ellie never had her own movie like Grant and Malcolm and hopes to change that. He also stated that he would feel robbed if Grant didn't make an appearance in the third movie. Would he say that if Sam Neill hadn't already agreed to return? I don't think so.

Chris Pratt recently tweeted Sam Neill saying "would love to work with you one day" followed by a winking emoji. Sam Neill replied saying "likewise Chris".

All of this evidence suggests to me that all three actors have already agreed to star in the next instalment (with Ellie having an important role, enough that it could be considered her movie).

Also don't forget about Wu and Rexy (who can be considered a character in her own right at this point).

So that's 5 characters from the original film if I'm right about this. JW3 has so much potential to be amazing.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 7:25 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
I honestly believe that Ellie, Grant and Malcolm will all return in the next movie.

Dern and Goldblum have both expressed an interest in retuning for the third instalment. Goldblum has hinted that Ellie will return. Trevorrow has stated in interviews that he is aware that Ellie never had her own movie like Grant and Malcolm and hopes to change that. He also stated that he would feel robbed if Grant didn't make an appearance in the third movie. Would he say that if Sam Neill hadn't already agreed to return? I don't think so.

Chris Pratt recently tweeted Sam Neill saying "would love to work with you one day" followed by a winking emoji. Sam Neill replied saying "likewise Chris".

All of this evidence suggests to me that all three actors have already agreed to star in the next instalment (with Ellie having an important role, enough that it could be considered her movie).

Also don't forget about Wu and Rexy (who can be considered a character in her own right at this point).

So that's 5 characters from the original film if I'm right about this. JW3 has so much potential to be amazing.

The million dollar question is, how big will their roles be and/or screentime?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 10:02 am

Let's leave politics out of the Jurassic franchise, thanks. Kathleen Kennedy hasnt been involved in the series since Jurassic Park III so this is more of fear mongering than it is legitimate concerns.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)   Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Ellie Sattler Will Return for Jurassic World 3 (Rumor)
Page 1 of 1