Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?

Go down 
+5
#TRexSpinorematch
Spiegel
Troyal1
Megaspino2
1morey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 9:29 pm

Pretty self-explanatory.

I'm curious how everyone actually feels about it. I'm saddened to see the island die, but at the same time, we needed to get the franchise off the islands, and I'm glad we can move forward.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 pm

The Lost World should have been the end of the islands, but JP3 dragged us right back there and with the way it ended JW needed to bring us there again.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Personally I never really felt JW did a good job of making me feel like I was back on Nublar. So in terms of emotional resonance I felt nothing. Which is kinda a shame.

But it’s good that they don’t want more island films. I was getting tired of that.

The third films doesn’t really have a “gimmick” or “hook” yet which I really like. JW had a new park and a hybrid. FK is undoubtedly a bridge film with half of the hook being save the dinos and the other half being more weapon use and selling.

The third movie kinda has a nice clean slate. I wish they would make it into two parts as they can do so much.

But yeah it was a necessary evil to destroy the island. Only wish we spent more time there in FK.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 am

It's a mixed bag. I see as a good thing for the franchise fo progress away from dinosaurs on an island but I'm saddened that all the history we never saw is gone.

#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:33 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Personally I never really felt JW did a good job of making me feel like I was back on Nublar. So in terms of emotional resonance I felt nothing.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

At no point in JW or JW:FK I felt like back on the same place JPntook place. Even with the Visitors Center and all that.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 7:01 am

I know what you mean. I feel the same. Maybe it's the teal and orange filter in JW, that made the jungle more blue-ish and kinda fake looking. That bugged me.

#TRexSpinorematch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Be prepared for a longer post than I usually write, since this is something I feel very strongly about (just thought that I would warn you ahead of time):

What makes you think that Isla Nublar's been destroyed? Didn't look like it to me, it still looked pretty much intact. Unless of course you meant that it will simply be unihabitable for a while, then I'll agree with you, but physically gone? No, I don't think so. Just because it's hidden by smoke and ash doesn't mean it's not there anymore. Just look at what's happening on the Big Island of Hawaii (though that's a totally different type of volcano, but still), and I think it will be the same with Isla Nublar.

I started researching volcanoes because I was so worried about Nublar, and although it still gets to me sometimes (especially after reading posts by people that still think the way I used to), I'm not as bad as I used to be, so it does help, since my knowledge on volcanoes kicks in more than my worst fears do. I'm even thinking about becoming a Volcanologist (seriously, even though Math isn't my strong subject, but that doesn't mean I can't do it, it just means I'll have to work at it a little harder, since sometimes the most rewarding careers are the ones you have to work at). I never saw that one  coming, not by a long shot, but I've always had an interest in geology, whether it be earthquakes, hurricanes or volcanoes. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a pessimist and seem drawn to the darker sides of things.

I've never been big on the mainland plot idea, since it sounds too much like Godzilla than Jurassic Park. What I love about Isla Nublar is the isolation of it. The fact that it takes a little effort to get there, since you can go anywhere on land, but to travel to a remote island? That's a little more my style. And if there's some sort of "incident", whether it be a dinosaur escape or a volcanic eruption, you can only go so far, so you're pretty much on your own out there (I wouldn't leave until I knew that everything would be okay, and if I get eaten by a dinosaur or taken out by the volcano, then so be it).

Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 9:31 pm

I didn't mind too much the idea of destroying Nublar, I'm just bothered by the execution. They were on the island for basically 30 minutes, ideally the whole movie should about Nublar's destruction, with the eruption as the climax. It just seemed like the filmmakers wanted to get the island out of the way as quickly as possible, which is a shame (although I kind of understand why).

With that said, that scene with the whole Brachiosaurus at the dock was a nice way to send off the island, instead of showing a bunch of iconic landmarks being destroyed by lava, they showed an iconic dinosaur being killed (a nice contrast to the first Jurassic World, where the wonder was all about the park, not the dinosaurs). Although having it rear up on its legs mimicking its iconic pose as it died was a little eye-rolling.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:50 am

I think it wasn't physically all destroyed like I thought before watching the movie... it's more metaphorically destroyed, if that makes any sense. Sure all living beings on the island would die because of the eruption, but in probably a few years life would find a way again on there somehow.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 1:40 am

Not a fan of what they did with either island.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?   How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about Isla Nublar being destroyed?
Page 1 of 1