Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?

Go down 
+13
Robotpo
Troyal1
Dv-218
Rhedosaurus
Spinosaur4.4
Raptor_Guard999
Dead2009
Amadieus
owenpratt
V.a.nublarensis
Mr. Robustus
Tyrant Lizard
#TRexSpinorematch
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Empty
PostSubject: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 11:10 pm

Here is mine:

- No more "T Rex suddenly appears to take down an antagonist" cliche
- No more Blue and Rexy playing heroic roles
-Let another T Rex like the TLW family take center stage
-If not, then a new male will do fine
-Bring back characters from TLW (Like Sarah or Nick) in major roles
-Of course also a scene of Grant Sattler and Malcolm reunited
-Bring back the learning about dinosaurs scenes from JP and TLW
-Let's see Isla Sorna even if only at the end.
- Rexy joining the TLW T Rex family would be the perfect ending.
-Have the dinosaurs interact with modern day animals
-Give the Sauropods action scenes
-Reduce the Velociraptors roles (They have been overused)
-No cartoonish villian
-No hybrids or "altered" dinos (Although that wish has been granted)

So, what's yours?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 11:39 pm

- T.rex back in an antagonistic role.
- Dinosaurs interacting with the modern world, but not in an over-the-top way like the end of TLW.
- Dangerous raptors.
- An Alan Grant return.
- Wu as the main human antagonist.
- More coherent pacing.
- A somewhat open ending (ie: Not "everything dies. The end")
- More intelligent dialogue.
- An emphasis on suspense and terror, akin to the first scene in FK.
- DILOPHOSAURUS
- To see a protagonist die.
- No "good dinosaur vs bad dinosaur" fight scenes. (I loved it in JW, but by FK that idea had worn out its welcome somewhat)
- I'd like to see more creative risks (without going overboard). Something I though FK did a very job at. More of that, please.

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 2:09 am

- Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler/Degler/whatever returning as major characters. It wouldn't feel right to end the franchise without these two returning, and it would be a middle finger to the fans to have them as glorified cameos. Now that the action is on the mainland, these two have nowhere to hide. Also, these actors aren't getting any younger (Sam Neill is now older than Richard Attenborough was back in 1993).
- No Ian Malcolm. Malcolm works best in small doses, and of the original trio, he's the one that makes the least sense to keep bringing back. A cameo would be fine, but we really need the focus back on Alan and Ellie.
- T. rex in a major role, preferably as the main dinosaur antagonist or threat. For fucks sake, it's been demoted to extra for three movies in a row. JP3 and JW had their reasons (one tried to replace it and one built up her appearance for the climax), but Fallen Kingdom had no excuses. Rexy was reduced to glorified cameos the entire movie for no real reason. Time to give the Tyrannosaurus the screentime it deserves, especially if it is truly the final movie of the franchise, and if she's gonna die at the end of it.
- A great, satisfying climax. Jurassic World's climax was a lot of fun (arguably its best scene), but Fallen Kingdom's climax was really underwhelming in comparison. The extended Indoraptor chase throughout the mansion was a great set piece, but it didn't necessarily make for a great climax. I want a really awesome climax for the final movie, preferably involving the T. rex. I don't care if they have to throw in a random Spinosaurus for Rexy to battle, just find a way to make a memorable climax that ends the movie on a high note.
- Have an underwater chase scene with the Mosasaurus. We're two movies in, and I'm still not sure why that thing is even there if the filmmakers aren't willing to use it.
- Tone down Blue. Fallen Kingdom had way too much of Blue, and I'm kind of sick of her. I know Trevorrow is not gonna simply write her off, but at least tone down her involvement in the main story. Her schtick of being Raptor Lassie got real old, real fast.
- Tone down Owen's action hero antics. They were really cringy and over-the-top in Fallen Kingdom. The character is not as cool as you think it is, Mr. Trevorrow.
- Use the main Jurassic Park theme, the one from Journey to the Island and the T. rex rescue in the Visitor Center. Please. So far we only heard a few notes of it in some pieces of JW, and in the ending credits for FK. Stop teasing us.
- Don't introduce lots of new dinosaurs, use the ones you already have. Fallen Kingdom had lots of dinosaurs, but they basically amounted to little cameos. The next movie doesn't need new dinosaurs, it needs to work with the ones it already has. Saying that Fallen Kingdom had an Allosaurus is like saying JP III had a Ceratosaurus. Technically, it's true, but it didn't really do anything.
- Dilophosaurus. Self-explanatory.
- Obligatory Parasaurolophus cameo. Bayona and Trevorrow almost dropped the ball on Fallen Kingdom.
- Do something significant with Maisie being a clone. In Fallen Kingdom, it was a kind of neat twist, but at the same time, it was kind of hollow and pointless, and it only amounted to her pressing the button, which was kind of unnecessary (if you're the screenwriter, you could've come up with any other reason for the dinosaurs to escape into the wilderness). A lot of the general public and critics walked out of the movie asking what was even the point of that (especially considering we don't even know who her mother is), so the next movie should continue that and do something interesting. Maybe have her develop a degenerative disease due to the cloning process, or have her be publicly chastised for being a clone, or have her start to develop some kind of identity crisis. Heck, anything.
- No major human villain. We already had two movies in a row with a major human villain.
- No schlocky action movie dialogue ("Am I dead?" "Not yet, kid!")
- No open ending. Also, don't end with humans and dinosaurs learning to live in harmony. Also, don't end with dinosaurs being simply being moved to an island or a sanctuary, that would be redundant.
- No pointless post-credits scene. Fallen Kingdom's post-credits scene wasn't so bad, but in an age where we expect the post-credits scene to have some big revelation/hook or gravitas, everyone who stayed for the end credits walked out of the theater groaning, because not only it didn't have any of that, it was really short and it didn't show the audience anything the closing scenes had already shown.
- Don't bring back Franklin.
- A longer running time (hopefully 140-150 minutes), so the movie can have both satisfying set pieces and dialogues without feeling rushed.
- More animatronics, and the integration of animatronics in the action scenes, like in the original trilogy. Don't use animatronics only for scenes where dinosaurs are immobile or knocked out.
- STOP SHOWING THE MULTI-TON HERBIVORES GALLOPING. NOT ONLY IS IT PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, BUT IT LOOKS RIDICULOUS (so the "creative decision" card can't be used here)
- Give the Stegosaurus its beak back. That close-up on the animatronic Stegosaurus in FK was kind of painful.
- Bring back the Pteranodon design from either JP III or TLW to replace the current hideous design (seriously, every Jurassic Park fan agrees that it was a severe downgrade from the previous designs). It's not gonna happen, but hey, I can dream.
- Give Rexy her iconic bellow back. In the first JW, Rexy used mostly TLW T. rex vocalizations, and a lot of people missed her iconic roar (especially in the closing scene in the helipad). Trevorrow and Bayona listened to that, but instead of just reusing it (like in all trailers for Fallen Kingdom showed it), they changed its pit, to show that "she's older". Problem is, the new bellow doesn't sound nearly as good or powerful. A lot of people defended that decision, but it was just a creative decision (so you can't use the "it's more accurate/realistic" card here, especially since real T. rex didn't even have vocal chords), and it sounded really bad (and they kept using it again and again). Again, like the Pteranodon design, I doubt it's gonna be changed back, but I can dream.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis

Last edited by Mr. Robustus on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 2:22 am

-Dilophosaurus
-Original trio returning in decent-sized roles
-No more militarized dinosaurs (there are other potential applications that makes for an interesting movie)
-No more hybrids either
-The venomous dinosaur in JP
-No more heroic dinosaurs (I love the Stygi, though)
- Side characters that aren't annoying
-Wu getting an important role
-More emotional scenes
-The cute carnivore in that one scene in JP
-Slower pacing compared to FK
-In relation to that, a longer duration (145 minutes including credits should be enough)
-Explicit references to TLW and JP3
-A "good" ending (Not interested in dinosaurs either going extinct or taking over the world)
-The dinosaur in JP that killed the guy in the yellow raincoat
-Herbivore action scenes (again, Stygi is the best)
-No main dinosaur antagonist
-Better directing and cinematography compared to JW
-Have I mentioned Dilophosaurs yet?
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 4:09 am

Everyone seems to agree that the Dilophosaurus should make a comeback. It is strange that it has been ignored for 25 years and 4 sequels considering it is arguably the third most popular and iconic dinosaur in the franchise behind the T Rex and the Raptors.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 5:55 am

What's interesting is how Trevorrow continues to tease us with it. We got the hologram in the first film, and the little call from the brush in FK, but no flesh and blood Dilo yet. I find this especially weird considering how good Trevorrow has been at acknowledging fans when they've come to him with things they want to see or issues they've had, and this is the ONE issue that literally every single person in the fandom is on the same side about.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 7:03 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
What's interesting is how Trevorrow continues to tease us with it. We got the hologram in the first film, and the little call from the brush in FK, but no flesh and blood Dilo yet. I find this especially weird considering how good Trevorrow has been at acknowledging fans when they've come to him with things they want to see or issues they've had, and this is the ONE issue that literally every single person in the fandom is on the same side about.

Maybe because Derek Connolly and the rest of the crew are not aware of how popular it is? Because other than that there is no reason to keep avoiding it.

While It is not my main priority, yeah, the entire fanbase does agree that it should appear at least once.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 7:32 am

The fans have been creaming "DILO!" at the top of their lungs for years now. I'm sure that they're aware of how popular it is by now xD

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Remember that Colin Trevorrow is also very good at foreshadowing in his movies (there is PLENTY of foreshadowing in both JW and FK, for many aspects), so I'm like 99% sure that not only we'll see a Dilo in JW3, but it will fight a Raptor (maybe Blue?), because in both JW and FK the hologram and then the statue Dilo is seen "fighting" a Raptor.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 10:04 am

Yeah pretty sure we will see a Dilo in JW3 after all that teasing. Besides that, my main wishes are to simply go back to its roots with no dino villain and just a human villain and to put the dino's more like animals again. So no heroic Rex and Raptors any-more, just unpredictable animals. Also no militarized dino's anymore, after two movies it has been enough.

I would also hate an ending in the sense that dino's would get wiped out or some sort of ''Planet of the Apes scenario'' Something among the line of the TLW would be fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Trevorrow addressed the reason why he didn't bring Dilophosaurus back yet in Empire Film Podcast: basically, because he couldn't come up with a scene that did justice to the original Nedry-Dilophosaurus scene.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 12:09 pm

-No dino rematches for the sake of dino rematches
-More aquatic animals

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 2:18 pm

- No apocalyptic ending like Planet of the Apes
- No dinosaurs being all killed at the end
- Dinosaurs scary but not monsters, no more hybrids
- Sense of awe and wonder
- effective but contained humour
- realistic CGI and at least two or three animatronics
- interesting Crichton-esque dialogues about science
- a satisfying conclusion of Owen, Claire and Maisie's arcs
- A right balance of places to see in this movie (since it will go mainland), and hopefully interesting and suggestive sets in the first place
- A satisfying depiction of the various roles of the dinosaurs in our modern world (how they're used by humans in different fields, or how they will integrate in our world)
- A more inspired directing than in Jurassic World (more something like Fallen Kingdom, please. Hope Colin learned many things from working close to JA)
- New human characters who are not too cartoonish or cliche
- a Dilophosaurus
- Wild Raptors
- A scene with impact tremors (I miss that since TLW)
- no more heroic dino scenes unless they're realistically justified
- the feeling of watching a Jurassic Park movie
- not making only the bad guys to be eaten
- more suspense
- less spoilerish trailers
- more suggestive posters
- from 120 to 140 mins runtime, no more, no less
- lot of symbolism and metaphorical stuff, cautionary warnings, etc

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Could someone with a twitter account please link this thread to Trevorrow's twitter? He has a history of good social network relations with the JP fanbase, and considering he and Carmichael are probably still in the early process of writing the script for the next movie, maybe they'll read this and take some suggestions to heart.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 5:04 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Remember that Colin Trevorrow is also very good at foreshadowing in his movies (there is PLENTY of foreshadowing in both JW and FK, for many aspects), so I'm like 99% sure that not only we'll see a Dilo in JW3, but it will fight a Raptor (maybe Blue?), because in both JW and FK the hologram and then the statue Dilo is seen "fighting" a Raptor.

A Dilo VS Raptor fight would be fun. Just as long as it is a fight for territory or prey and not Blue in a heroic role yet again saving humans.

Back to top Go down
Raptor_Guard999
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor_Guard999

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 9:14 pm

-No more hybrids. It worked for the last two films but after that it is just going to get weird. Just make the other dinosaurs more menacing.
-Bring back dangerous raptors. They have been getting increasingly less menacing since the first two films. In JP3 they refrained from killing most of the humans because they wanted their eggs back, in JW they are halfway tamed and don't turn on the humans until they meet up with the Indominus Rex, and in FK we only have Blue the raptor lassie. Velociraptors are the original baddies of Jurassic Park and I want them back. In fact it may be best to continue on with the whole theme of using raptors for military purposes, just so they can turn against the humans and start killing them again. Do that instead of another hybrid.
-Introduce some young Tyrannosaurs. Rexy is old may not survive the next film.
-Since it will be set in the mainland USA, bring back Alan Grant. Maybe someone finds Blue injured or something and better yet she pregnant, so they take her to Grant for help. I don't want Ellie back because I do not think she would get involved again after JP3.
-Since they have been teasing Dilophosaurus for two films now, actually bring it back and have a full grown one this time.
-No more Pteranodons, at least not in a major role. I want to see a different type of pterosaur, particularly Quetzalcoatlus or one of its close relatives. I think those really huge pterosaurs will go well in a JP film.
-No dinosaurs being all killed at the end.
-No moving the dinosaurs back to an island or sanctuary. That would be pointless by now.
-No shoehorning Masie back in. I don't want her as a recurring character unless she is relevant to the plot. If there is no reason to bring her back just explain what has happened to her through exposition dialogue.
-If they bring back any supporting characters from JW or FK, have Lowery(I'd say he should have been in FK instead of Franklin).

And I know that many of you would disagree with me, but I do want to see an apocalyptic ending like the recent Planet of the Apes films. The idea of a future film where a few humans are having to survive through a world mostly vacant of people and full of ruins of cities and dinosaurs running amok excites me.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 1:41 am

You know for all this talk about how the fanbase is "divided", we all actually agree on most of our wishes.

Everyone agrees that Rexy and Blue should go back to acting like wild animals instead of superheroes or pets.

Everyone agrees that it is time for a new male T Rex more in his prime to take center stage.

Everyone agrees that there should be at least a scene with an actual Dilophosaurus.

Everyone agrees that there should not be cartoonish villians.

Everyone agrees that there should be a scene with Grant, Sattler and Malcolm.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 pm

I just want Dr. Wu with the screentime he deserves.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 pm

The movie series gets grounded back in common sense and reality. No more of this bombastic crap via Fast and Furious.

Dinosaurs killing off innocent civilians.

The National Guard killing off most of the dinosaurs.

The Mosasaur getting killed by a pod of Orcas.

Wu killing Blue

Wu getting killed.

Rexy and some of the dinosaurs surviving and going of to Sorna or Lockwood's sanctuary and the franchise ending with the Sorna ending we were originally getting for JW:FK.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Wu killing Blue

Well, hello.

YES. Twisted Evil

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 7:21 pm

One thing that'd I'd very much like not to see is the dinosaurs being wiped out by the end of the film. Life most assuredly would not be "finding a way" if that ended up being the way they go, and would imply that we do indeed have total control over nature, to the point where we get to decide what lives and what dies.

Just no.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
One thing that'd I'd very much like not to see is the dinosaurs being wiped out by the end of the film. Life most assuredly would not be "finding a way" if that ended up being the way they go, and would imply that we do indeed have total control over nature, to the point where we get to decide what lives and what dies.

Just no.

Under my scenario, not all the dinosaurs would get wiped put, but some would. After all, do you really think that having the dinosaurs roam free wouldn't result in negative consequences? To just not show that would sanitize the movie beyond any credibility.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Under my scenario, not all the dinosaurs would get wiped put, but some would. After all, do you really think that having the dinosaurs roam free wouldn't result in negative consequences? To just not show that would sanitize the movie beyond any credibility.

And to kill off most of the dinosaurs would be to undermine the original premise of the first film (not to be confused with the novels, which are different animals).

Luckily, I highly doubt Colin will go in that direction.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

And to kill off most of the dinosaurs would be to undermine the original premise of the first film (not to be confused with the novels, which are different animals).

Luckily, I highly doubt Colin will go in that direction.

If you watch Jurassic Park as a standalone movie, the implications at the end are pretty clear: the park is ruined, the survivors will move on with a new perspective on their livess due to what they endured, and the dinosaurs will eventually die off in a week due to the Lysine Contingency.

With that said, you don't need to worry. Neither Trevorrow nor the suits would have the guts to kill the dinosaurs off. Especially considering that, story-wise, Fallen Kingdom already had two different plausible scenarios where the dinosaurs could be killed off (the volcano and the hydrogen cyanide), but are saved by humans because sequels.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
If you watch Jurassic Park as a standalone movie, the implications at the end are pretty clear: the park is ruined, the survivors will move on with a new perspective on their livess due to what they endured, and the dinosaurs will eventually die off in a week due to the Lysine Contingency.

With that said, you don't need to worry. Neither Trevorrow nor the suits would have the guts to kill the dinosaurs off. Especially considering that, story-wise, Fallen Kingdom already had two different plausible scenarios where the dinosaurs could be killed off (the volcano and the hydrogen cyanide), but are saved by humans because sequels.

But if you take TLW into account, the Lysine Contingency was essentially written away, and the film ended on a positive note, with Hammond's speech and the dinosaurs living freely on Sorna. Also, I'd be willing to bet that Spielberg's intention wasn't to indicate that the dinosaurs were simply going to die out after the events of JP, as indicated by the fact that he didn't include the bombing of Nublar in the film, and further indicated by the fact that he removed the scene referencing the bombing in TLW.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

But if you take TLW into account, the Lysine Contingency was essentially written away, and the film ended on a positive note, with Hammond's speech and the dinosaurs living freely on Sorna. Also, I'd be willing to bet that Spielberg's intention wasn't to indicate that the dinosaurs were simply going to die out after the events of JP, as indicated by the fact that he didn't include the bombing of Nublar in the film, and further indicated by the fact that he removed the scene referencing the bombing in TLW.

Yes, but that's just a sequel being a sequel. The whole point of the Lysine Contingency dialogue in the original Jurassic Park was a storytelling fail-safe telling the audience what would become of the dinosaurs in case there wasn't a sequel (which ended up ignoring Nublar anyway).

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 1:21 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Just no.

Except...we kind of do have control via our sheer ability to destroy all life on Earth via our atomic weaponry. And for good measure, let's throw in our biological and chemical weapons as well. Even before modern tech, mankind's destructive power has always been amazingly brutal. The Mongol Empire winded up wiping out at least 9 civilizations, 3 of them alone under Genghis Khan. Not until the 1900's did governments equal the Mongol Empire in such high death tool.

And I'm not even counting all the species of animals we wiped out: The Dodo, passenger pigeon, the Stellar's Sea Cow, need I go on?

Trying to justify why man wouldn't wipe out at least some of the dinosaurs when man's brutal and destructive nature proves otherwise is going to be just too hard of an obstacle to overcome.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 7:30 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Just no.

Except...we kind of do have control via our sheer ability to destroy all life on Earth via our atomic weaponry. And for good measure, let's throw in our biological and chemical weapons as well. Even before modern tech, mankind's destructive power has always been amazingly brutal. The Mongol Empire winded up wiping out at least 9 civilizations, 3 of them alone under Genghis Khan. Not until the 1900's did governments equal the Mongol Empire in such high death tool.

And I'm not even counting all the species of animals we wiped out: The Dodo, passenger pigeon, the Stellar's Sea Cow, need I go on?

Trying to justify why man wouldn't wipe out at least some of the dinosaurs when man's brutal and destructive nature proves otherwise is going to be just too hard of an obstacle to overcome.

The fact is: does man actually want to wipe out all dinosaurs?

I think the movie won't be about who, between man and dino, will survive in an apocalyptic long battle (or extermination, if you think man would easily wipe out dinos)... but how to create a balance between these two worlds without one killing the other. That would be much more interesting to see.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 9:37 am

That's the general impression I got from the ending of FK and Trevorrow's interviews- that JW3 won't be an apocalypse type situation, but rather a morally ambiguous "what are we gonna do with those dinosaurs" type situation. I don't find it unlikely that within the context of the movie, some organisations might view dinosaurs as valuable remnants of an animal group that has gone extinct a long time ago- and they might try to find ways to coexist with them without anyone dying.

And of course, different organisations cloning and exploiting the dinosaurs will integrate them to our society, so the question of what to do with them becomes even more problematic.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 7:48 pm

There's no realistic or sound reason in-universe for people to want to protect the dinosaurs. That's the biggest problem most of the Jurassic Park sequels have: they forget the whole point of the first movie, which is - as majestic and awe-inspiring as the dinosaurs are, bringing them back was a mistake, and it was only done because of human hubris. Protecting them only prolongs that mistake, and amounts to nothing. They are genetically engineered invasive species, no one in their right mind would want to preserve that. Yet the sequels (particularly Lost World and Fallen Kingdom) treat their preservation as a serious moral quandary, when in fact there is none. It would be sad to see the dinosaurs die, sure, but they don't belong anywhere, and even leaving them roam free on an island unchecked is extremely irresponsible.

Fallen Kingdom goes as far as to show a Senate hearing debating whether or not these invasive GMO's should be saved from a natural disaster, which is might be one of the dumbest and most redundant things in the entire movie. The news montage goes as far as to call the activist movement to save them the "flashpoint animal rights issue of our time", which manages to be even dumber. Shouldn't activists be more worried about man-caused calamities, and actually endangered species?

The only sequel that understood the real answer to that "debate" was... the soft canon Jurassic Park: The Game, from Telltale. In what might be the greatest quote from the game, Harding tells this to Sorkin, who is trying to preserve Nublar's dinosaurs:

"It's not our rights versus theirs! Our dinosaurs are phantoms - Majestic as they may be - Alive as they may be! We brought them into a world that is no longer prepared for them. We have a responsibility to keep them isolated and under reign for the safety of our ecosystem. It's not rights, it's responsibility!"

With that said, I have a dreadful feeling that the next movie will end with the dinosaurs being accepted and integrated into the world's ecosystem, because someone will say that "it's the right thing to do". Or something.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next