Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?

Go down 
+13
Robotpo
Troyal1
Dv-218
Rhedosaurus
Spinosaur4.4
Raptor_Guard999
Dead2009
Amadieus
owenpratt
V.a.nublarensis
Mr. Robustus
Tyrant Lizard
#TRexSpinorematch
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm really interested to see how certain dinosaurs are presented to acclimatize to different ecosystems around the word. It'd be really interesting to see Compies scurrying around in cities or towns, similarly to rats in the real world. Seeing large predators hunting in the Savanna. Raptors living deep in the jungles of Costa Rica. Herbivores grazing on the African plains.

Personally, I can't wait to see what they come up with! Very Happy

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm really interested to see how certain dinosaurs are presented to acclimatize to different ecosystems around the word. It'd be really interesting to see Compies scurrying around in cities or towns, similarly to rats in the real world. Seeing large predators hunting in the Savanna. Raptors living deep in the jungles of Costa Rica. Herbivores grazing on the African plains.

Personally, I can't wait to see what they come up with! Very Happy

I personally wished for a mainland plot with Wu cloning dinosaurs in the Congo Basin using legends of living dinosaurs (Mokele Mbembe) as cover. That being said, I thought that it would happen AFTER the Nublar dinos were sent to Sorna or they and the remaining Sorna population went to Lockwood's sanctuary. Not only that but having dinosaurs roam free in Africa and South America would have made far more sense due to the fact that the governments of most of those countries that are on those continents are not effective or stable enough to wipe them out.

On the American mainland...I don't see it working at all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 11:39 pm

One thing that I'm hoping they don't focus on on in the third film is the recapturing/culling of the dinosaurs that escaped from Lockwood manor. Not to say that a bunch of escaped dinosaurs in California wouldn't be a significant issue, but it's something that should be mostly taken care of before the events of the final film, especially if there's a 3 year time jump between films.

I can't imagine the US government allowing a 40 foot long Tyrannosaur to roam free for three years xD

The only exception I could possibly see would be the compies. If there were a large enough population, and they had the ability to breed, I could see that being a somewhat persistent problem.

But yeah, I'd really like the idea of setting the next film in South America or Africa where, like you said, the continents could at least somewhat realistically not be capable of dealing with the animals.

That being said, to introduce that element now, at this late stage in the franchise, and wrapping it up all within a single film would be incredibly difficult, especially considering that Trevorrow did tell me over Twitter that he was going to try and let this film breathe a little more than the previous film.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/1028723792665890816

We may need an extra film if we're to introduce this idea and wrap it up by the end of the World saga scratch

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 3:00 am

^I defenitely agree with that point- imo it would be better if they just established by the time JW3 happens that most of the Lockwood manor dinosaurs (specifically the biggest ones) were either culled or captured. The ones I can see being more troublesome are the Compies, due to their size and possible ability to breed. The Pteranodons might be a little problematic too, as they can travel between continents with ease.

I think that it would be better that JW3 focuses on how the technology to clone dinosaurs is used around the world and how countries that have trouble dealing with them fare. The possibilities are endless Smile

Also, the point about protecting the dinosaurs before is rather intresting, I really didn't think of that. It is defenitely true that the sequels seem to ignore the message of the 1st movie about the mistake of bringing the dinosaurs back and try to twist it as an animal rights issue. Of course, the argument could be made that they are different from other invasive species due to their status- they are the only representatives of an order that went extinct 66 million years ago. Sure the clones are not exactly like the originals, but they are the closest thing they have in-universe. I imagine they might be important to studying and researching needs, so organizations might find a solution, like isolating them in a preserve for example. However, since the cloning technology will become open source by JW3, there's no need for that. Not to mention, the amount of damage and deaths that will ineviatebly increase by JW3 will make any attempt to preserve escaped dinosaurs even more questionable.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 7:00 am

I think the world we will see at the beginning of JW3 will be a very different one from what we're used to.

The film will need to breath a bit more, taking its time to show us how the world changed.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 7:06 am

^Yeah I think so too. What's for sure, it'll defenitely be the most ambitious Jurassic movie made since the 1st one lol.

My main issue with FK was the incredibly fast pacing (especially during the island part), so i'm glad that Trevorrow is listening to the criticism and is giving the next movie more room to breath.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Agreed with the above point. Something with a little breathing room should go over well with everyone, considering the hectic pace of the first two films.

I personally don't want to see the escaped dinosaurs culled, but if the open sourcing of the technology being used to create dinosaurs was already established, I think I'd be OK with.

As far as the general theme of the films is concerned, I think it's shifted somewhat. While the first film was all about the dangers of playing god, TLW and all future sequels (minus JP3, which I don't think really had that much of a theme) have seemed to adopt the theme that regardless of where it came from, all life is valuable. I think that's a nice, universal message without any polarizing political undertones or anything.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 am

owenpratt wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
What's interesting is how Trevorrow continues to tease us with it. We got the hologram in the first film, and the little call from the brush in FK, but no flesh and blood Dilo yet. I find this especially weird considering how good Trevorrow has been at acknowledging fans when they've come to him with things they want to see or issues they've had, and this is the ONE issue that literally every single person in the fandom is on the same side about.

Remember that Colin Trevorrow is also very good at foreshadowing in his movies (there is PLENTY of foreshadowing in both JW and FK, for many aspects), so I'm like 99% sure that not only we'll see a Dilo in JW3, but it will fight a Raptor (maybe Blue?), because in both JW and FK the hologram and then the statue Dilo is seen "fighting" a Raptor.
This..if not though and it was all just random he’s never living that down.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
One thing that I'm hoping they don't focus on on in the third film is the recapturing/culling of the dinosaurs that escaped from Lockwood manor. Not to say that a bunch of escaped dinosaurs in California wouldn't be a significant issue, but it's something that should be mostly taken care of before the events of the final film, especially if there's a 3 year time jump between films.

Dv-218 wrote:
^I defenitely agree with that point- imo it would be better if they just established by the time JW3 happens that most of the Lockwood manor dinosaurs (specifically the biggest ones) were either culled or captured.

That would be the sensible thing to do, but it would also make the entire 10 final minutes of Fallen Kingdom redundant. Also, I''m pretty sure Trevorrow will want to explore the scenario of having a lot of different dinosaurs loose in America and in need of being rounded up.

Dv-218 wrote:
Also, the point about protecting the dinosaurs before is rather intresting, I really didn't think of that. It is defenitely true that the sequels seem to ignore the message of the 1st movie about the mistake of bringing the dinosaurs back and try to twist it as an animal rights issue. Of course, the argument could be made that they are different from other invasive species due to their status- they are the only representatives of an order that went extinct 66 million years ago. Sure the clones are not exactly like the originals, but they are the closest thing they have in-universe. I imagine they might be important to studying and researching needs, so organizations might find a solution, like isolating them in a preserve for example. However, since the cloning technology will become open source by JW3, there's no need for that. Not to mention, the amount of damage and deaths that will ineviatebly increase by JW3 will make any attempt to preserve escaped dinosaurs even more questionable.

Thing is, Jurassic World went out of its way to tell the audience that the dinosaurs of the franchise are not genuine dinosaurs, and I doubt Trevorrow will change that for the final movie (no matter what he promises on interviews). Also, that still counts as invasive species. In fact, they are worse than invasive species, because normal invasive species are at least native to somewhere.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
As far as the general theme of the films is concerned, I think it's shifted somewhat. While the first film was all about the dangers of playing god, TLW and all future sequels (minus JP3, which I don't think really had that much of a theme) have seemed to adopt the theme that regardless of where it came from, all life is valuable. I think that's a nice, universal message without any polarizing political undertones or anything.

The problem is that InGen's dinosaurs are potentially harmful to the ecosystem and to innocent life, so having the protagonists constantly champion for their protection makes them look naive (and honestly, hard to root for). Take the dinosaurs freed from Lockwood manor (or the Mosasaurus), for example: they are gonna cause a lot of damage to an already-damaged environment just by moving and eating, not to mention jeopardize the lives of innocent people, before they are found and captured. Again, Harding's quote from the Telltale game. In-universe, protecting the dinosaurs amounts to nothing, and it doesn't even make sense to protect them.

On a different note, I've been thinking about the basic premise of the third movie (that we know): the technology of dinosaurs is now open-source, anyone in the world can make their own dinosaurs. The thing that is bugging me is... why would anyone do that? There isn't a whole lot of practical application for living dinosaurs. When Crichton began writing the first novel (in fact, I think it was before it even was a novel), he asked himself the same question after he came up with the idea to clone a dinosaur, and the only answer he found was... to open a theme-park. And after two (or three, depending on how you count) failed attempts at making a theme-park, the most recent of which was broadcasted to the whole world, I don't think anyone would go to the trouble of making a new one. The only other applications I could think of was Dodgson's ideas of making pet dinosaurs or a hunting safari (and I don't think the latter would even be sustainable, considering how expensive it must be to clone these things)

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 6:58 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
One thing that'd I'd very much like not to see is the dinosaurs being wiped out by the end of the film. Life most assuredly would not be "finding a way" if that ended up being the way they go, and would imply that we do indeed have total control over nature, to the point where we get to decide what lives and what dies.

Just no.

Except...we kind of do have control via our sheer ability to destroy all life on Earth via our atomic weaponry. And for good measure, let's throw in our biological and chemical weapons as well. Even before modern tech, mankind's destructive power has always been amazingly brutal. The Mongol Empire winded up wiping out at least 9 civilizations, 3 of them alone under Genghis Khan. Not until the 1900's did governments equal the Mongol Empire in such high death tool.

And I'm not even counting all the species of animals we wiped out: The Dodo, passenger pigeon, the Stellar's Sea Cow, need I go on?

Trying to justify why man wouldn't wipe out at least some of the dinosaurs when man's brutal and destructive nature proves otherwise is going to be just too hard of an obstacle to overcome.

The fact is: does man actually want to wipe out all dinosaurs?

Yes, at least when it comes to the meat eaters. It would only be a matter of time before they kill and enough people to where people would demand action.

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Dv-218 wrote:
^I defenitely agree with that point- imo it would be better if they just established by the time JW3 happens that most of the Lockwood manor dinosaurs (specifically the biggest ones) were either culled or captured.

That would be the sensible thing to do, but it would also make the entire 10 final minutes of Fallen Kingdom redundant. Also, I''m pretty sure Trevorrow will want to explore the scenario of having a lot of different dinosaurs loose in America and in need of being rounded up.

Dv-218 wrote:

Thing is, Jurassic World went out of its way to tell the audience that the dinosaurs of the franchise are not genuine dinosaurs, and I doubt Trevorrow will change that for the final movie (no matter what he promises on interviews). Also, that still counts as invasive species. In fact, they are worse than invasive species, because normal invasive species are at least native to somewhere.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

The problem is that InGen's dinosaurs are potentially harmful to the ecosystem and to innocent life, so having the protagonists constantly champion for their protection makes them look naive (and honestly, hard to root for). Take the dinosaurs freed from Lockwood manor (or the Mosasaurus), for example: they are gonna cause a lot of damage to an already-damaged environment just by moving and eating, not to mention jeopardize the lives of innocent people, before they are found and captured. Again, Harding's quote from the Telltale game. In-universe, protecting the dinosaurs amounts to nothing, and it doesn't even make sense to protect them.

On a different note, I've been thinking about the basic premise of the third movie (that we know): the technology of dinosaurs is now open-source, anyone in the world can make their own dinosaurs. The thing that is bugging me is... why would anyone do that? There isn't a whole lot of practical application for living dinosaurs. When Crichton began writing the first novel (in fact, I think it was before it even was a novel), he asked himself the same question after he came up with the idea to clone a dinosaur, and the only answer he found was... to open a theme-park. And after two (or three, depending on how you count) failed attempts at making a theme-park, the most recent of which was broadcasted to the whole world, I don't think anyone would go to the trouble of making a new one. The only other applications I could think of was Dodgson's ideas of making pet dinosaurs or a hunting safari (and I don't think the latter would even be sustainable, considering how expensive it must be to clone these things)

Not only that, but even if the cloning aspect gets heavily regulated in some form of compromise, then would killing off dinosaurs via hunting trips mean anything? The only 'practical' reason I see dinosaurs being used is that they are used as tool of terrorism. You know how I. rex and Indoraptor were basically biologcal weapons for the military, well who's to say that rouge nations (North Korea comes to mind) and terrorist states wouldn't make large meat eaters in forests and unleash them on cities or small towns?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 pm

I know it's a long, loooong shot, but I'd love Grant and Ellie as co-leads, going with Owen and Claire on the glove-trotting techno-thriller sci-fi story that Trevorrow hinted at.

I'd also like Dodgson and ByoSyn involved, but I think that possibility has come and gone sometime circa 1997.

#TRexSpinorematch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I know it's a long, loooong shot,  but I'd love Grant and Ellie as co-leads, going with Owen and Claire on the glove-trotting techno-thriller sci-fi story that Trevorrow hinted at.

I'd also like Dodgson and ByoSyn involved, but I think that possibility has come and gone sometime circa 1997.

Given how Malcolm was teased to have a larger role-which he was originally intended to, but winded up being wasted, I'd say that ship has passed too. If anything else, I see Ellie and Grant being wasted as well if Malcolm's treatment meant anything.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I know it's a long, loooong shot,  but I'd love Grant and Ellie as co-leads, going with Owen and Claire on the glove-trotting techno-thriller sci-fi story that Trevorrow hinted at.

That'd be really cool. Seeing as how this might very well be the last JP film, it'd be cool to bring Grant and Ellie back to kinda let things come full circle.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 7:26 am

Talking about Grant and Ellie, this interview by Bryce Dallas Howard might be encouraging.
I like the idea of bringing it full circle.

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 pm

I'd really love to see a scene in which the Mosasaur attacks a boat of some sort. Maybe create a few parallels to Jaws.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Any thing that lets them use the Mosasaur to its full potential would be good by me. IMO it basically had glorified cameos in JW and FK.

I actually expected the Mosasaur would attack the ferries in JW, stranding people on the island, but no go.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 pm

Open sourcing, the question of is it possible for humans and dinosaurs to co-exist, Maisie having a important role, Dilophosaurus, Wu having more screen time, and Wu's death.

Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 5:42 am

The tricky issue for me is the Dinosaur Recapture plot represents, imo, one of the best hopes to bring back all of the previous films' human characters, because it's a crisis that can't be solved by getting on or off an island, so the old characters have more reason to participate and less to stay away... at the same time, besides a change of scenery, it'd still feel similar to TLW and FK in spirit. I think there's a lot of potential to that kind of story yet, as The Lost World novel showed, but I know that the studio and filmmakers won't want to rehash those ideas so soon.

Skipping over that though feels like a waste of the visual drama set up by the cliffhanger at the end of Fallen Kingdom though, and 'dinosaurs on the mainland' is a concept we've had teased again since the end of the third film, so I feel like they have to have some further intention with the concept, perhaps something intended to happen while they're out and about. It would explain some of the comments about how this film had originally gone further, but it had to be saved for the next movie. I would certainly agree that if there's a timeskip over years that it becomes a necessity to bypass these events though.

All that said, I'm excited for the applications of open-source technology and I think this is the ideal moment to introduce proper, realistic feathered dinosaurs in the franchise without creating a conflict with canon. (No, JW wouldn't have conflicted with canon either, I acknowledge that, but I think it was the right move for that film.) I've avoided making this charge against previous films, but right now, it's one of my top priorities for the next film, especially because it would create a strong visual contrast between inGen's dinosaurs and whoever else creates dinosaurs.

My other priority is a simple one, which is a major action sequence prominently featuring an herbivore or omnivore. One of my favorite scenes in The Lost World is when Sarah gets too close to the Stegosaurs and they react in a very protective manner - it's a big part of the film. The Gallimimus scene in Jurassic Park is a lesser example, and the Stygimoloch's use in Fallen Kingdom would count in my book barely, but overall, the films always reserved the big action scenes for the carnivores. I definitely don't want the films to reduce Triceratops or Apatosaurus to rampaging monsters, not at all, but I'd like them to be a little more involved in the action directly.

As a side wish, I should really hope Trevorrow can find it to drop a few easter eggs to the sequels. Seeing 'Spinosaurus' on a species list if nowhere else might be nice, just to acknowledge its role in the lore. A more overt reference to Isla Sorna. If Malcolm comes back, I'd be a fan of bringing along Sarah Harding as the current Mrs. Malcolm, maybe.

Oh, and of course, I am eager to see Dilophosaurus back on screen. That's my real top priority, but it goes so far without saying at this point, doesn't it? We all want her back.

Quote :
lIt is defenitely true that the sequels seem to ignore the message of the 1st movie about the mistake of bringing the dinosaurs back and try to twist it as an animal rights issue.
"You can't put back in the box."

I think the idea the sequels have carried, that the original only alluded to at times, is that the mistake has already been made and can't be so easily reversed. Humanity has made many alterations to the natural order in real life, but in most cases, these have not been reversible. Invasive species, such as the Burmese python in Florida, continue to prosper and disrupt ecosystems, and there is still speculation about how the Dingo may have altered Australia's food chain. That's not even going into things like climate change. Many of our mistakes against nature can't be fully undone.

I think it's important to remember that in the original film, all of the key characters involved - even Malcolm - enjoy the dinosaurs and all seem to respect Hammond's intentions, to a degree, but there is never any serious discussion of destroying the animals or the park, save a specific statement by Muldoon relating to the Velociraptor. All of the criticism is more at the fact the park had previously been created. They all respect the animals to a degree, even Hammond himself, and something that set World apart from Park in a positive and innovative way for the franchise was how Claire and the antagonist characters often disguised and dehumanized the creatures as 'assets'.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 7:16 am

owenpratt wrote:
Talking about Grant and Ellie, this interview by Bryce Dallas Howard might be encouraging.
I like the idea of bringing it full circle.

Spoiler:

I am sorry for being a bit cynical but everytime I hear or read about news of Jurassic World sequels making "callbacks" or nods to the "earlier films" all I hear is "Yeah, more nods to stuff from the original Jurassic Park because that is the one everyone likes right?".

I hope I am wrong and they include characters from TLW but I bet JW3 is going to be yet another "Hey remember this other great thing from the original Jurassic?" fest. And I am not saying that just to hate, like I have said many many times before, I have no doubts Colin Trevorrow is a great person and a humble director. But both him, Dereck Connolly, and J.A. Bayona have made it clear that they are just fans of the original Jurassic Park and really do not care for TLW or JP3 and that is what has really made me lose interest in this trilogy.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 2:26 am

If I had made a wishlist earlier, it would have included Dodgson and Biosyn. Thankfully, both of those elements are going to be in Dominion. Dilophosaurus is also likely going to show up in Dominion. Honesty, Dominion so far seems to be doing everything I want it to do. Including bringing back Grant, Ellie, and Malcolm one last time. Other things that I want to see in this film are...

-A longer runtime
-Troodon (unlikely, but I would still love to see them in a film)
-A larger role for Wu
-More references to the first two sequels
-Maisie and her origins as a clone playing an important role in the story
-Adult Tim and/or Lex Murphy
-A good mix of animatronics and CGI
-More adult Allosaurus
-Protagonists dying
-No more of Claire and Owen having an on/off relationship, have them stay together
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:53 pm

I forgot to mention... Jurassic World Dominion really needs to bring back that very serious tone and atmosphere from The Lost World in order for it to contrast with Jurassic World's and Fallen Kingdom's Marvelesque feel and to give the series back that classic Jurassic feel.

Because that is one of the things that make TLW so underrated and by far the best sequel. The tone and atmosphere were VERY serious. Even when the characters said a witty one liner here and there you still felt they were in a VERY serious and dangerous situation.

JW and JWFK had a bit too much humor. In fact that was one of the main criticisms of JWFK, that both the humans and the dinosaurs felt a bit cartoonish.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Jurassic89
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic89

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 6:31 am

Robotpo wrote:
Any thing that lets them use the Mosasaur to its full potential would be good by me. IMO it basically had glorified cameos in JW and FK.

I actually expected the Mosasaur would attack the ferries in JW, stranding people on the island, but no go.
If they could replicate the atmosphere of the FK introduction with the Mosasaur they’d have an amazing film. That’s the type of thing I’d like to see from the franchise.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 8:17 am

I want to add a 2 more...

I do not want any dinosaur teamup fights. I hate that. 1 species of dinosaur VS the another is fine but not this different species doing an Avengers type teamup against a common enemy. Say if we see a Dilophosaurus fighting a Velociraptor that is just fine. But a Velociraptor and say a Spinosaurus joining forces against a Giganotosaurus or something like that I would hate.

Also IF this is going to be the last major Jurassic sequel then I NEED to see Buck (the male Rex from TLW) and Doe (the female Rex from TLW) at least one last time. Like serously they are very loved and iconic among the fans but sadly Universal still believes the myth that nobody cares about The Lost World when it was THE film of 1997 (before Titanic became a phenomenon in December). Not to mention it is still considered the best sequel so yeah.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?   Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it too early for a JW3 wishlist thread?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2