Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 6:39 pm

so i was just messing around with tclass's and nwt files for dinos when i noticed something i thought was a bit weird. Some of these have to do with territory behaviours and others have to do with other behaviours, some might have been obvious others not really. everyone is free to post anything else they found weird about some dinos in normal JPOG or other things. These things include behaviour, animations, fsms, and other things i found out about some of the dinos in JPOG

1.) albertosaurus might have been meant to territory with other large carnivores but maybe its ai was broken. Giving albertosaurus the nwt file of acro, the albertosaurus would fight a t-rex in a territorial dual. (though it lost because like seriously it stood no chance)

2.) allosaurus Tclass simply does not fight in territorial disputes. giving the allo a t-rex nwt file causes it to try to fight in territorial disputes with large carnivores but this is what i noticed, the large carnivores walks into the allo not even bothering to roar and the allo roars over and over at it till the territorial fight ends...

3.) Brachiosaurus has a run animation, ankylosaurus and Stegosaurus do not?
i gave a brachiosaurus the tclasstricera and it could ram things over, which meant it had a running animation. However ankylosaurus and stegosaurus just scare carnivores by being in their presence. and cant ram them over... now brachiosaurus has no head butt animation, so i assume that you need to have a run animation to be able to ram things over with TclassToro Styrac or Tricera, i found this interesting because it really does look like stegosaurus has a run animation.

4.) t-rex cannot attack a non-modded brachiosaurus while its asleep, i was suprised at this too especially since the wiki for JPOG said t-rex could, but after alot of waiting and even rampage mode, i couldnt get any dinos in normal JPOG that could attack brachiosaurus, asleep or awake. Of course if modded probably but it seems like brachiosaurus is just too big.

5.) spinosaurs and t-rex will dual with their own speices, but no other large carnivore will... technically carcha and acros can dual their own speices if a trex challenged a carcha and the carcha activated its territory next to another carcha yes they would dual. But why i find this interesting? because nwt files dont affect this. changing the nwt files for a carcha to a spino or rexes wont change the fact that the carcha wont battle its own speices unless its TClass is changed (yes i know there are mods out there that make these duals possible but this is talking about normal JPOG). the funny thing i feel about this is that in real life carcharadontosaurs would fight to the death with their own speices over territory.

6.) Visitors cant survive a hit from any dinosaur, even if the ini files is modified, i've seen alot of mods claim that they made it so raptors cant one shot visitors but thats not true, you can change a raptors damage to 1 and the visitors hp to 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 and the raptor still kills the visitor instantly, its in the fsm thats literally says killhuman(). so yeah... not possible for visitors to survive a hit from dinos unfortunatly.

7.) raptors can pounce on things it can normall latch onto even if the dino (example, a camarasaurus) is above output_size: 1.0

8.) if you shoot a dinosaur in the head in JPOG using a rifle or using the turret it deals more damage, (for the ranger helicopter a headshot with the retiring shot is an instant kill)

10.) make a t-rex Tclass triceratops and the other t-rex TRex and you`ll get cool results.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-5k5rCC8z4&t=4s

Last edited by HydragonofDeath on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:20 pm

Have you found any way to mess with the individual tclasses? Or do you think they're hard wired to the engine. If we could edit those then we could probably make each dinosaur feel even more unique with modding (like for example, a compy that wouldn't be preyed upon by large carnivores and wouldn't attack large herbivores).

Something I always found odd is how the ini stuff seems to not do much at all. Is it just broken code or do you think it was just unfinished traits they were going to put into the game.
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm

well..... you know that dinos configuration that is next to the dinolist and fossilhunt? i have a theory, my theory is that only those values stated in that configuration that are in the ini will actually be used in game.

Also the strtpool.dat has alot of info. It has the info for the Tclasses, it also has all the dino animations in it (which explains why we cant add custom named animations) it also contains the data for what tmls there are. i tried editing the Tclasses in the strtpool.dat, didnt go so well... so im assuming that we cant add tclasses at the moment.

Funny thing is that a while ago (around two years ago or something) i remember someone (not sure what website or where or when) saying that they found a way to add new Tclasses and fsms.... i cant find where i heard it from and because thats not a thing going on with JPOG modding so far i can only assume the guy was lying.

another thing is that i feel the aquatic variable doesnt do anything in the ini, it doesnt do anything with how much a dino is good at going to deep water or make them perfer a more aquatic enviorment.

However i have a theory on a couple of things.
you know that useless atktest fsm? well... camarasaurus doesnt do anything different when i change every fsm and keep camaras TClass the same... so i believe that the TClassAUnitCamara doesnt have any code and that the atktest fsm was supposed to be specific to camarasaurus, diplodocus, apatosaurus Etc. but maybe they didnt have enough time, maybe it couldnt work. As of now though, editing the atktestfsm doesnt change any behaviour for the camarasaurus.

another thing i noticed i found funny though is that albertosaurus has a hole in its tail that cant be fixed with skinning alone or tmd editing with hex editor...

also i STILL cant find out how to give orders from helicopters to sedate dinos and etc on site b.... i mean i literally read the whole main gui as well and it really didnt seem to have anything important in it that would help modding any further. Theres nothing in the strtpool or main.gui that says anything about that pesky 40 dino speices limit though, it might be just cuz there were originally meant to be 40 dinos in JPOG. perhaps jpog might be reaching its limit with modding (though we still have to decode the nwt files). But the animations thing does explain why we cant make our own deathduals. we cant add our own custom deathdual animation names because its not in the games code. as for why only spino and rex can deathdual eachother is unknown. but either way im sure more experienced modders know more than me, shame jplegacy and modding genesis went down, there was so much modding info lost.....

another thing i found interesting is, if you copy the contents of spnostrs (rampage) and paste it into spnoflee, the dino will rampage in siteb and can rampage when scared, however i did this with ceratosaurus and it still just goes into a coma...
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 2:59 pm

I remember seeing in one of the fsm files that the spino had a few lines about ambushing and attacking prey from the water (kind of like in JP3). If I can find where it is again I'll post it, but most likely this is why there is the around water value. This whole thing is obviously scrapped though.

I think cracking this game's engine is the next logical step. Equinox did it so it can't be some impossibly hard code. I know basic C++ but I highly doubt that's going to get me far with trying it. However there are quite a few forums out there were people crack game files for fun. They recently managed to crack the files of JWE via a request post. Maybe posting there and asking is worth a shot. We would need to know which files we want to decode though (at least where a lot of these important lines of code are stored).

Edit: To get custom death duels couldn't you just give all the other carnivores the spino's tclass and then edit all the animations?
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 10:54 am

well yes you could make duals like that by making them spino and etc, however you cant make custom duals as far as i know with lets say.... an alberto and cerato if they still have their normal TClass, as far as i know here are all the broken fsms:

SpnoAmbush
AtkTest
TRexFlee
TricVchle
CeratStrs
RaptorBld

also heres my oxalaia - http://www.mediafire.com/file/92c4e9nmmcypl6x/Oxalc.tmd/file
change the TClass of spino to rex and change it so spino uses this model and then spino can dual other spinos with exsisting animations
(PS. i have five versions of oxalaia each one duals something different, i have one that duals triceratops, stegosaurus, and ankylosaurus)
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Yeah the best you can get is a 1v1 by using either the rex or spino. Could be useful for trying to recreate some lesser known franchise matchups (like the one the allo has with the t.rex in TLW ps1 game or maybe an I.rex vs t.rex death duel).
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 4:00 pm

k i messed around with the ini files and heres a few things i noticed

input_meat: set this below 0.4 and carnivores no longer activly hunt it unless their raptors
input_carnivore: set this to 1.0 and this dino will be seen by other dinos as a carnivore
input_herbivore: set lets say a rexes value for this to 1.0 and the input carnivore to 0.0, then other carnivores will attack this thing for food and hunt and herbivores wont mind having it around

acc= how fast a dinosaur accelerates
decc= how fast a dino slows down.

as for all the "turning" values, they dont do anything, i think turning speed is based on the models animation itself
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 am

Brachiosaurus has a sound id for an animation that doesnt exsist for it. atk_struct.... with a sound of tailwhip, however brachiosaurus doesnt have this animation, leading me to believe this is an animation that was meant to be a tail attack for brachiosaurus but it never was completed,

in spinoambush.fsm it says spino to play some "amb", "st" animation (PMEP's spino ambushing from water is basically what this fsm was meant to do for spinosaurus)

if you give a raptor an fsm based on lets say rex or cerato, but keep its TClass the same, when they flock one raptor will glitch out and just stand there till the pack leader is done hunting...

Albertosaurus's inx file has sounds that would play if it played a grabbing animation (further making me believe albertosaurus was meant to be a large carnivore)

Trex will not be scared of spinosaurus if they have equal kills or if the rex has already killed a spino, this does not apply to carcharadontosaurus, allosaurus, or acrocanthosaurus....

slowing down eating animations causes the eating time to be longer so the dinosaur gets its hunger down more from a single bite, vice versa for the opposite.

there is a rare glitch where raptors can pounce on a cow thats being lowered into a hatchery when a dino is incubating, the raptor cant kill the cow but will be dropped into the hatchery with the cow and when the dino is hatched out the raptor and the dead cow will be teleported outsidethe hatchery

If you look away when a raptor is chasing a prey then look back quickly if you do it right the raptor will be flying in the air towards its target.
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 2:50 pm

so interesting thing.......

managed to get a triceratops vs spino deathdual happening by editing TClasses, its weird how well the animation lines up...

also i made two rexes deathdual eachother, one had TClass spino but for some reason... both used the triceratops deathdual animation instead of one using the spino deathdual animation and the other one standing there... something weird is going on and i dont understand..

also anyone else ever get weird glitches where the sound goes mute??
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 pm

ummm...... dont edit the spino ambush fsm..... bad things happen like (you`ll need to replace all your spino fsms with fresh ones if you edit anything to call spino ambush)
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Found an interesting animation in trex Lcarn_SpDth_LP
a different animation from Lcarn_SpDth01

albertosaurus Hbutt_st
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 6:51 pm

TurnSpdThresh determines turning on a dinosaur
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Dilophosaurus uses herbivore FSMS in the JPOG files

It uses the

Herbivore Drink
Herbivore Idle
Herbivore Flocking
Join Flock

FSMS

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things   Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Dinosaur Behaviours and other things
Page 1 of 1