Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?

Go down 
+2
Dead2009
CT-1138
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Empty
PostSubject: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 am

Quote :
Mattel, the toy company, is branching out. The Hollywood Reporter has word that the company has announced the development of 22 animated and live-action TV programs, all based on its storied brands and franchises. They slate of shows will be a mixture of live action and animation and will be available on multiple platforms.

Mattel did not give any specific titles or brands that are being developed but promised that the shows will be a wealth of genres, including action/adventure...

Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1039773-mattel-developing-22-shows#JcB33xMrZaX4ubA4.99

It's quite possible we will FINALLY get a Jurassic TV series after all this time! I guess I shouldn't count my raptor eggs before they hatch, but...YAY! cheers
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Quote :
Mattel, the toy company, is branching out. The Hollywood Reporter has word that the company has announced the development of 22 animated and live-action TV programs, all based on its storied brands and franchises. They slate of shows will be a mixture of live action and animation and will be available on multiple platforms.

Mattel did not give any specific titles or brands that are being developed but promised that the shows will be a wealth of genres, including action/adventure...

Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1039773-mattel-developing-22-shows#JcB33xMrZaX4ubA4.99

It's quite possible we will FINALLY get a Jurassic TV series after all this time! I guess I shouldn't count my raptor eggs before they hatch, but...YAY! cheers
I was thinking the same exact thing when I heard this.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 1:35 pm

I hate to be a buzzkill here and I apologize for that, but I think Universal would have the ultimate final say and the news would come from them. Either way I'm keeping my fingers crossed and still remaining hopeful for a JP/JW TV series eventually.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Here's the list of all the brands Mattel have the rights to, it's a lot and there's no guarantee one could be Jurassic.
https://www.mattel.com/en-us/brands-page

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Considering the Jurassic line was named toy of the year 2018, broke sales records, and is based on a major franchise, whereas most of the these other properties are obscure, I'd be shocked if one of the twenty-two wasn't Jurassic World-releated.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 8:12 pm

If the Jurassic line is one of the ones getting a tv show made, I expect it to be kid friendly.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 10:43 pm

I know Mattel has the Dino-Riders rights from Tyco so they own that property now, and there is some interest in re-igniting that property given Jurassic World's success. There was rumors about a creative meeting for it sometime in 2015 on discussing options. Nothing has been reported since then though. That means one of two things that the idea was a dead end or they're still working on something and just waiting for the Jurassic Park/World franchise has finished.

Dino-Riders to me, was one of my bread and butter properties I had the toys of when I was first getting interested in dinosaurs. I was born in '84 and I had both them and the Definitely Dinosaurs Playskool line and avidly collected both for a while into the early 90s. My Dino-Riders unfortunately didn't survive my family's constant moving and I only have just the dinosaurs now. I think my best gift from then was getting the Rulon Tyrannosaurus set. I still have the T. rex from that and it sits on the shelf with all my Tyrannosaurs from my youth I have displayed together in my bedroom.

One other big property Mattel does have and wants to revive is Masters of the Universe and I do know Mattel has also revived She-Ra as a series on Netflix recently too. MotU is basically He-Man and She-Ra. Those were both big properties for Mattel in the 80s and there is a push to revive the whole thing.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 5:27 pm

There were actually rumors of their doing a Dino-Riders movie several years back. Honestly, this would be so ridiculous and yet so much fun (as either a TV series or a movie), I'd totally be in for it! Razz
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 10:39 am

Hey, I'm all for a Dino-Riders revival of some kind myself. I think it is long overdue actually. Unfortunately I just don't see it happening until the Jurassic Park/World series is done telling their story and the rights revert back to the Crichton Estate. I think the issue is that it can't compete with the Jurassic series. That's not to say I wouldn't mind if it tried, but it risks over saturating the market with dinosaur stuff even though to most of us around here that prospect would be lovely.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 12:02 pm

IMO Jurassic World and Dino-Riders are so different they can both exist simultaneously, especially if Dino-Riders uses the most up-to-date science to depict their dinosaurs (ironically since Jurassic was the more scientific of the concepts). If we can have ten superhero movies a year, IMO there's room for more than one dinosaur film.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 1:27 pm

^ Very true and I agree. I'm just looking at it from a more generalized viewpoint here is all.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 6:59 pm

What I'd like to know is that if this does happen, then why in the world did it have to happen now instead of earlier? They waited until they are one movie away from losing the JP license, perhaps for good, and it's only NOW that this happens?!

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm

If you're referring to Universal/Amblin, it seems they're not the ones initiating this, but rather Mattel, who are only now getting into TV - hence the timing.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 4:04 pm

A semi-related update: Apparently at Toy Fair Mattel announced that a JW short film will debut in front of the new "Fast & The Furious" spin-off this August.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/live-action-jurassic-world-short-film-reportedly-coming-august-2019/
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Robotpo wrote:
A semi-related update: Apparently at Toy Fair Mattel announced that a JW short film will debut in front of the new "Fast & The Furious" spin-off this August.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/live-action-jurassic-world-short-film-reportedly-coming-august-2019/

That does lead some belief to the notion you mentioned earlier. Hopefully we can get a chance to watch the short film without having to see the movie. Heh. I know Mattel has been doing Jurassic World Music videos for a while too. The music is pretty catchy I have to say.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdzGkHSXZsgE6IKgJwP_BrsqnzV39zX_Q

So maybe the short film will be with toys like a lot of the stuff shown on their channel. I'm definitely not complaining. It's all very much good fun.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Agreed, I've never been into F&F - but I did enjoy the Mattel "Life Finds a Way" music video! Laughing
Back to top Go down
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 10:05 am

Maybe the ''Camp Cretaceous'' thing on netflix is related to that, maybe a mattel developed tv series to sell more toys, maybe that short is a starting point to see people's reaction.

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?   Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mattel Developing 22 New TV Series - Could One Be Jurassic World?
Page 1 of 1