Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular : Extinct

Go down 
AuthorMessage
urban ratite
Embryo
Embryo

Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular : Extinct  Empty
PostSubject: Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular : Extinct    Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular : Extinct  Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 5:11 pm

I saw WWD:TAS years ago, drove halfway across a state to see it. Great show, would recommend to anyone. Some time ago I put a reminder on the calendar to check their site, every month, to see if it was scheduled to come back. But alas, a few weeks ago, this shows up on their facebook page:

After 12 years of performing to almost 10 million fans in over 250 cities across the globe our dinosaurs are retiring from touring life. We would like to thank all the dino-fans out there who have shown such great support to this wonderful production since it first appeared in Sydney Australia in 2007. Thank you from the team at Walking With Dinosaurs The Arena Spectacular and Global Creatures.

The site said the show was in final tours, but how oh how I wanted to see it again. I assume save all the the pictures, scrape the videos, WWD:TAS is no more.
Makes me sad... Jurassic World arena experience was cool and if seeing it were very cheap, and nearby, I -might- see it again, but hands down I would've made an effort to see WWD again if it were anywhere near(ish), and spared no expense.

If nothing, I came away with the WWD:TAS Making Of DVD, which is one of the best medias I've bought. Watching them build dinosaurs was thrilling all it's own, then with the daunting technical challenges, setbacks, over-the-top score, up to and beyond getting the stuff up and running for the first show... it was really a testament to art, engineering, imagination, skill, stagecraft, and project management. They practically included a how-to on making dinosaur eyeballs, which I almost used verbatim to hand craft eyeballs for my dromeosaur costume.

Thank you, WWD:TAS. Your work was with merit.
https://dinosaurlive.com/
https://www.facebook.com/dinosaurlive/

And, headphones on for the main theme:
Back to top Go down

Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular : Extinct
Page 1 of 1