Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned Empty
PostSubject: New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned   New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 5:46 pm

Last year Daniel Wilson wrote a sequel to The Andromeda Strain, and:

Quote :
Wilson penning a sequel to one of Crichton's most iconic works made us wonder if the author's estate is planning any other follow-ups with new writers taking inspiration from the master.

"Yes, we are developing a few things," Sherri teases. "Hush, hush and fingers crossed!!...Evidently, with the exciting new platforms today, there’re many ways to re-imagine Michael’s worlds through series, remakes, sequels, prequels even! It is a lot of work, but it has been empowering to realize how alive Michael still is through all his writing and all the projects that can come from it."

Please, please, please, do another Jurassic novel! cheers

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/michael-crichton-andromeda-evolution-sherri-crichton-interview
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned   New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 1:22 am

Yeah I agree this would be very very exciting...I assume that sequels to the Jurassic series would have to go through the Estate considering the massive amount of money now tied into the IP. I think I could see for example a CONGO sequel, maybe ones for MICRO and PREY as well. Not sure how a prequel would work at this point, but glad they are trying to figure out ideas.

New Crichton-inspired Novels Being Planned
Page 1 of 1