Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Idea I have for an alternate JP3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Albertosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Albertosaurus

Idea I have for an alternate JP3 Empty
PostSubject: Idea I have for an alternate JP3   Idea I have for an alternate JP3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 3:46 pm

My opinion of Jurassic Park III has changed. I used to to find it the worst in the franchise and preferred JW and JWFK to it. However, thanks to my mates on Discord, my opinion now... is that its still bad, but has some good parts here and there. The raptors, for instance, are my favourite in the entire series,

Nevertheless, I think its still able to be made much, much better.

- Increase the running time to 126 minutes.
- I would incorporate the the themes of corporate hubris and exploitation from the first two films I think were nigh absent from here.
- Specifically, I would create a plot of Biosyn setting up a base on Isla Sorna and Isla Tacano to capture and experiment on dinosaurs for their own projects. These include creating new forms of medicines, breeding dinosaurs to be domesticated, and even for biowarfare. More notably, they actually create new dinosaurs by stealing Ingen's techniques, such as the Spinosaurus, but also smaller ones like Hypsilophodon and Leptoceratops*. These all cause the ecosystem of Sorna, already a bit fragile, to start to irreversibly collapse.
- This operation would be led by Jeff Rossiter, a relatively sympathetic villain with desires to help people, including his elderly parents. Meanwhile, Dodgson would be a minor character that appears in only a handful of scenes but does have a crucial role, as he's the one who authorised Biosyn's project, Operation Verne.
- Both the Kirbys** and Udesky's men would be undercover agents out to stop this, not revealed until halfway in. Alan Grant is hired as a consultant that stays on a boat, but because of circumstances joined the task force.
- Eric would only appear in a family photo of Paul's.
- Cast would feature unused characters from the novels, such as Rossiter as read above.

Returning Cloned Species
- Tyrannosaurus
- Velociraptor
- Dilophosaurus
- Brachiosaurus
- Parasaurolophus
- Pachycephalosaurus
- Triceratops
- Stegosaurus
- Gallimimus
- Pteranodon
- Metriacanthosaurus

New Cloned Species
- Spinosaurus
- Camptosaurus
- Amargasaurus
- Hypsilophodon*
- Leptoceratops*
- Microceratus*
- Ornitholestes*
- Didelphodon

*These are placeholder species, and I might change them in the future
** Implied not to actually be related here.

I'll be updating this periodically.

Last edited by Albertosaurus on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Idea I have for an alternate JP3   Idea I have for an alternate JP3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Certainly sounds better than the version they made!

Are the Kirbys and Udesky's men working together in this, and also how does Eric fit in (or is he not in it?)

Also, what is a mate o Discord? tongue
Back to top Go down
Albertosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Albertosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Idea I have for an alternate JP3   Idea I have for an alternate JP3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 6:38 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Are the Kirbys and Udesky's men working together in this, and also how does Eric fit in (or is he not in it?)
Yes. They're part of the same team. Eric would at most appear at the Kirbys' home.

Robotpo wrote:
Also, what is a mate o Discord? tongue
I mean "friends", like how mate is british/australian. Fixed it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Idea I have for an alternate JP3   Idea I have for an alternate JP3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Ah, I didn't know what Discord was. I just use Zoom (pretty much same thing). I thought "Mates o' Discord" were like a pirate group. Razz

BTW, what would Dodgson's role in your version be (if any)?
Back to top Go down
Albertosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Albertosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Idea I have for an alternate JP3   Idea I have for an alternate JP3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 10:18 am

Robotpo wrote:
BTW, what would Dodgson's role in your version be (if any)?
I haven't decided yet. Maybe brief mentions or short scenes away from the islands. I'll write it later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea I have for an alternate JP3   Idea I have for an alternate JP3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea I have for an alternate JP3
Page 1 of 1