Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Empty
PostSubject: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 7:36 pm

You all know the outrage over the so-called "documentary" Cuties and the backlash over it. My question, will the backlash that Netflix is getting force Universal's hand to move the animated show Camp Cretaceous to their own streaming service, Peacock?

If you don't know how brutal the backlash is, then keep this in mind.

1. Netflix cancellations have been going through the roof.

2. They've lost $9 billion is stock. (Which is devastating for a company that has a debt of over $8 billion.)

3. There have been calls for a federal investigation by multiple people ...which is MORE then warranted.

I think it's inevitable that Universal makes the switch with the damage Netflix has caused itself.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 7:55 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=slS-6xVpI90

I think we shouldn't get our pitchforks and condemn this film until you watch the film. This isn't the first controversial movie ever made and probably isn't the worst.

Besides Netflix may just drop Cuties.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=slS-6xVpI90

I think we shouldn't get our pitchforks and condemn this film until you watch the film. This isn't the first controversial movie ever made and probably isn't the worst.

Besides Netflix may just drop Cuties.

Dude. It has 11 year olds performing...certain acts on themselves. No sane person can defend that. If that ain't CP, then I don't know what is. And even if Netflix drops it, it will be too little, too late.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 pm

They shouldn't have gotten actual 11 year old girls but the film's message is condemning hypersexualization of children that has become normalized.

The film's director wasn't making a movie about CP.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm

Since it's only a couple of days until season one I doubt it'll be moved but maybe for season 2 if the controversy and people leaving Netflix remain by then.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 pm

Sorry, but I really have to point out the hypocrisy of the Republican "politicians" mentioned in your links, specifically their support of a life-long criminal/sexual predator/rapist "president" whose administration has kidnapped children on masse and put them in detention camps where many are sexually abused by the guards...or their support of child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, who was close friends with their "president" until Epstein was "mysteriously" knocked-off in prison.

But no, while this one film in question sounds like a disturbing disaster, I don't think Netflix will (or should) be cancelled because of it. Also, Netflix still has around 167 million global subscribers while Peacock has 10 million and is available only in the US; the JW series probably won't limit their audience and encourage piracy to that degree. I suspect they're also legally/contractually obliged to not dump Netflix and take their content to a competitor.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 6:56 am

Yeah uh no. This will go south in a hurry so it's being locked. There's no politics on here for a reason.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?   Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will the Cuties debacle force Universal to move Camp Cretaceous to their streaming service Peacock?
Page 1 of 1