Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Camp Cretaceous season 2!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Camp Cretaceous season 2! Empty
PostSubject: Camp Cretaceous season 2!   Camp Cretaceous season 2! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 1:00 am

So now Camp Cretaceous season 2 has been out for a week-is...what is everyone's thoughts? I have one episode to go, and I have to say I'm finding it pretty fascinating, can't wait to see how it ends up!

Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

Camp Cretaceous season 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camp Cretaceous season 2!   Camp Cretaceous season 2! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 pm

It’s in the continuity of the second half of the first season but it’s not great, it’s average and I’ve trouble in considering the series as canon given the absurdities it has (and yet it has a serious competition with the last films). Between the dinosaurs’ weird physics, with the Not-Baryonyx that leaps like mountain goats (and which are, plot-wise, an ersatz of raptors) and the herbivores that all runs at the same speed (that problem was already in FK though); the villains that seems straight out of George of the Jungle (Wheatley is almost realistic when compared to them); the common teleportations; the kids who survives and go explore with a rather chill attitude during weeks while the protagonists of the films are suffering like hell during the few days on which they are on the islands; the luxury of the “ecotourists” camp which is ridiculous given the context; the lack of identification I could have with the characters; the sensationalist poser shots (the slow-motion shot of the garage’s escape win the prize)... There isn’t a lot of things that I genuinely liked in this season, with the notable exceptions being a few ideas during the action and suspense sequences (like the motorbike chase in the rocky area or Roberta searching Darius and Sammy under the table) or some of the dinosaurs’ behaviours, like the relationship between the three Not-Baryonyx (which was a bit wasted for me since I hate the JW series' Baryonyx design).

The only element that I’m looking forward to in the next season is the identity of that famous E750 subject.

And also, though it played heavily on fan-service and was a bit dumb,
Spoiler:
made me smile. On this matter, I haven't seen the flashback episode since Nassau’s traders didn’t have it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20436878
Back to top Go down

Camp Cretaceous season 2!
Page 1 of 1