Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

I know the movie has finished filming but...

Go down 
+4
dance2nite
eagc7
Rhedosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

I know the movie has finished filming but... Empty
PostSubject: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 8:45 am

I am really going to hate if Dominion does not include Buck (the male Rex from TLW) and Doe (the female Rex from TLW). Like seriously, they were THE icons of The Lost World, they are very loved among the fans and I really need at the very least Buck to fight another dinosaur to show his true power (wich we never really saw in TLW, we only saw him push a trailer and chase people around).

It would be a huge let down to at no point in this trilogy show the status of Buck and Doe. We have not seen them since 1997! And all because Universal still believes the myth that nobody cares for TLW when it was actually THE film of 1997 (Titanic became a phenomenon in late December of that year).

Not to mention the perfect ending of the film would be Rexy to join Buck and Doe on Isla Sorna as a small family.

Who else wants Buck and Doe in Dominion?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Even if you're like me and take those sites as canon, then at least one of those 2 are dead by now. T. rex had a hard life, even when being in small family packs.

You might have their daughter be full grown and ready to take Rexy's place if you posted in the General JW:D thread turns out to be true and Rexy dies of her injures. But nobody wants that.

I suggest having their grandson in the movie, but with different coloration. Like the Canyon T. rex. Basically, he'd have the buck's color pattern, but with different colors.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 9:26 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Even if you're like me and take those sites as canon, then at least one of those 2 are dead by now. T. rex had a hard life, even when being in small family packs.

You might have their daughter be full grown and ready to take Rexy's place if you posted in the General JW:D thread turns out to be true and Rexy dies of her injures. But nobody wants that.

I suggest having their grandson in the movie, but with different coloration. Like the Canyon T. rex. Basically, he'd have the buck's color pattern, but with different colors.

I am on the fence on those websites since the movie can come up with anything to retcon them. But yeah, it would feel very very odd that for an entrie trilogy the only T Rex we get to see is Rexy (more so when we consider the fact that the first trilogy had different T Rexes in each and every single one of the movies). And I love Rexy and I slso want her to have a happy ending but at this point the "Rexy is absent for most of the movie but comes out of nowhere to save the good guys or take down an antagonist" has become an overused cliche that got really old really fast. Wich is why even though I love her, It would really feel right to just have any other more in his prime Rex take center stage.

One could suggest Junior (the son of Buck and Doe) but there is some debate on if he is indeed the Rex killed in JP3. If so then there goes that. If not then Junior would be the perfect choice. He is a callback to The Lost World and we as an audience are more invested in him because we have a personal connection with him after watching him being saved by the main characters in TLW.

I love T Rexes wreaking havoc or fighting other dinosaurs and most people seem to be ok with that. The only thing that bothers me is that if Rexy turns out to be the only T Rex to appear in the entire trilogy and if Dominion turns out to be yet another movie of just Rexy being absent most of the time only to quickly appear once or twice to save the heroes or be the one that kills an antagonist then it is becomes very repetitive and it could become even more repetitive.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 11:29 am

I highly doubt we'll see the TLW Rexes again, i think they'll stick to just Rexy and maybe a new T-Rex that may had been created in-between FK and JWD

#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 12:29 pm

eagc7 wrote:
I highly doubt we'll see the TLW Rexes again, i think they'll stick to just Rexy and maybe a new T-Rex that may had been created in-between FK and JWD

I do agree that it seems unlikely considering Rexy, Blue and a Giganotosaurus are already confirmed. On top of that there seem to be rumors of the Spinosaurus returning so the movie is already a bit crowded when it comes to predators and carnivore dinosaurs but still...I still think the TLW family should be there in some way shape or form. While I am ok with a brand new male Rex in his prime taking center stage, I insist the TLW family is the even better choice because we care about them. We grew up with them. We worry about something happening to them. We will care more about where they will end up like we do with Rexy.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I am on the fence on those websites since the movie can come up with anything to retcon them. But yeah, it would feel very very odd that for an entrie trilogy the only T Rex we get to see is Rexy (more so when we consider the fact that the first trilogy had different T Rexes in each and every single one of the movies). And I love Rexy and I slso want her to have a happy ending but at this point the "Rexy is absent for most of the movie but comes out of nowhere to save the good guys or take down an antagonist" has become an overused cliche that got really old really fast. Wich is why even though I love her, It would really feel right to just have any other more in his prime Rex take center stage.

One could suggest Junior (the son of Buck and Doe) but there is some debate on if he is indeed the Rex killed in JP3. If so then there goes that. If not then Junior would be the perfect choice. He is a callback to The Lost World and we as an audience are more invested in him because we have a personal connection with him after watching him being saved by the main characters in TLW.

The more I think about it, the more I favor the grandchild idea. If the baby Rex is still alive then it would be in it's 30's. 18 years old by the time of JW, and consider how JW:FK took place 7-9 years after that, it would be 25-27 years old at that time. And, again, considering the rough life T. rex had in real life, it would be unlikely for it to still be alive.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 4:53 pm

FK didn't take place 7-9 years after JW, it took place 3 years later, where did you get the 7-9 years from? scratch
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 am

One thing is for sure though. Most of the Jurassic fanbase seems to share one thing, we all genuinely care for all T Rexes in the franchise, we do not see them as antagonists, we see them as icons, and as animals we care about and admire because they are the mascots of the franchise so to speak.

I love Rexy as much as everybody but I hate whenever I see someone saying that she is the only Rex people care about because that is just flat out not true and there is evidence to back it up. Ever since production on this new trilogy started many fans have wondered about the status of the TLW family. One famous debate that fans very often do have is if the JP3 T Rex was indeed Junior the Baby T Rex from TLW. So fans are fond of any T Rex that appears on screen since the species as a whole is the signature of the franchise.

So there is no real reason to not have Buck, Doe or Junior back in Dominion. There is no risk in bringing them back, this is not like the Spinosaurus wich had a huge backlash to it and it is still the most hated dinosaur in the franchise so one could understand why Universal did not bring him back at the start of the new trilogy in order to "play it safe" maybe ... But the TLW family had no backlash and are not hated quite the contrary, they are very loved by the hardcore fanbase, loved by casual fans and well liked by the general public. There was no backlash to TLW in 1997 (contrary to what some Youtubers and internet articles said from 2006 to 2015) it was and still is considered the best sequel in the franchise.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 am

dance2nite wrote:
FK didn't take place 7-9 years after JW, it took place 3 years later, where did you get the 7-9 years from? scratch

I must have confused that with the time in between JP3 and JW. Thanks for the correction. I guess it is possible for the baby Rex from TLW to be included as a full grown adult after all.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
One thing is for sure though. Most of the Jurassic fanbase seems to share one thing, we all genuinely care for all T Rexes in the franchise, we do not see them as antagonists, we see them as icons, and as animals we care about and admire because they are the mascots of the franchise so to speak.

I love Rexy as much as everybody but I hate whenever I see someone saying that she is the only Rex people care about because that is just flat out not true and there is evidence to back it up. Ever since production on this new trilogy started many fans have wondered about the status of the TLW family. One famous debate that fans very often do have is if the JP3 T Rex was indeed Junior the Baby T Rex from TLW. So fans are fond of any T Rex that appears on screen since the species as a whole is the signature of the franchise.

So there is no real reason to not have Buck, Doe or Junior back in Dominion. There is no risk in bringing them back, this is not like the Spinosaurus wich had a huge backlash to it and it is still the most hated dinosaur in the franchise so one could understand why Universal did not bring him back at the start of the new trilogy in order to "play it safe" maybe ... But the TLW family had no backlash and are not hated quite the contrary, they are very loved by the hardcore fanbase, loved by casual fans and well liked by the general public. There was no backlash to TLW in 1997 (contrary to what some Youtubers and internet articles said from 2006 to 2015) it was and still is considered the best sequel in the franchise.

At this point, the baby Rex all full grown is the best choice. Buck and Doe are most likely dead from old age or fighting other Rexes.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 2:25 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I must have confused that with the time in between JP3 and JW. Thanks for the correction. I guess it is possible for the baby Rex from TLW to be included as a full grown adult after all.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

At this point, the baby Rex all full grown is the best choice. Buck and Doe are most likely dead from old age or fighting other Rexes.

I was always under the impression that Buck and Doe were slightly younger than Rexy and that is why Rexy was chosen to be the first T Rex to be in the Park. I thought Rexy was the one to grow up first and was entering her adulthood in 1993 while Buck and Doe entered their adulthoods around 1997 and were Rexys backup so to speak (I could be wrong though). I was also under the impression that there are not that many T Rexes on Sorna. At the time of TLW and JP3 there seemed to be like no more than 5 or maybe 6 on the entire island so I doubt Buck and Doe died from fighting other T Rexes (but again I could be wrong). They could still be alive.

But yeah, my first choice for a T Rex in Dominion is Buck and Doe (especially Buck) but if not then Junior is the next best thing.

Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I was always under the impression that Buck and Doe were slightly younger than Rexy and that is why Rexy was chosen to be the first T Rex to be in the Park. I thought Rexy was the one to grow up first and was entering her adulthood in 1993 while Buck and Doe entered their adulthoods around 1997 and were Rexys backup so to speak (I could be wrong though). I was also under the impression that there are not that many T Rexes on Sorna. At the time of TLW and JP3 there seemed to be like no more than 5 or maybe 6 on the entire island so I doubt Buck and Doe died from fighting other T Rexes (but again I could be wrong). They could still be alive.

But yeah, my first choice for a T Rex in Dominion is Buck and Doe (especially Buck) but if not then Junior is the next best thing.

If we take the tie in material/viral sites as canon, they only cloned 7 T-Rexes (with Rexy being 1 of the original 7), so if the Baby Rex and the sub-adult Rex are seperate rexes from each other that means we had at least 8 Rex on Sorna prior to JP3. if the Doe and Buck were created after Rexy was born and werent part of the first 7, then we had at least 10 Rexes on Sorna prior to JP3

Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 11:35 pm

InGen's animals also live for a lot longer than the fossil record dictates, as implied by Zia in FK. Rexy's hitting 34 by Dominion (our time, but the film may have an even bigger time skip) and she's still going just fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:41 am

eagc7 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

If we take the tie in material/viral sites as canon, they only cloned 7 T-Rexes (with Rexy being 1 of the original 7), so if the Baby Rex and the sub-adult Rex are seperate rexes from each other that means we had at least 8 Rex on Sorna prior to JP3. if the Doe and Buck were created after Rexy was born and werent part of the first 7, then we had at least 10 Rexes on Sorna prior to JP3

I think they could have cloned 7 T Rexes but not all of them at the same time. After all trying to deal with just one T Rex is a very dangerous job let alone 7 hehe.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 7:30 pm

Megatronus Rex wrote:
InGen's animals also live for a lot longer than the fossil record dictates, as implied by Zia in FK. Rexy's hitting 34 by Dominion (our time, but the film may have an even bigger time skip) and she's still going just fine.

A lot of that was because of 2 things.

1. Rexy spent most of her time in captivity, and with a few exceptions, captive animals live longer then wild ones.

2. Even when she was in the wild, Rexy had no other major rival predators to deal with until I. rex showed up.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 9:34 am

I have been watching The Lost World related videos on YouTube and reading hundreds and hundreds of comments on many videos and it seems like ever since Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom both the hardcore fans and the general public seem to be even more fond of The Lost World by showing it nothing but praise.

I read comments of people straight up saying that they miss when the dinosaurs were scary and lethal like the were in JP and TLW in contrast to JW and JWFK wich has portrayed both raptors and Rexy in a more anti hero or even making them seem like heroes light. And of course it seems unanimous that everyone thinks the TLW Rex family are very very cool.

So this may sound harsh (and I hope I do not get downvoted for this) but If Jurassic World Dominion is yet another movie of just Rexy being the only T Rex and just having 1 or 2 scenes of her just saving the characters only to later do that cliche roar and pose...I think I am going to sit this one out.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 pm

There goes the narrative that TLW hated.

I know the movie has finished filming but... Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 3:56 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
There goes the narrative that TLW hated.

It is similar to what happened with Star Wars. From 2006 to 2015 the internet kept saying people were not that fond of the prequels. Then The Last Jedi happened and the huge (and well deserved) backlash that it created served to highlight how good and well thought out the prequels were.

Similar thing with The Lost World. From 2006 to 2015 the internet kept saying people were not that fond of TLW. Then Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom happened and they had such a divisive reaction to them that it served to highlight how good and well thought out The Lost World was.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 6:36 pm

But neither JW or FK got the fan backlash that TLJ got.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
But neither JW or FK got the fan backlash that TLJ got.

It is a bit hard to pin down the general consensus on Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. But the general consensus seems to be:

Jurassic World is seen as a fun popcorn flick by half of the fanbase and half of the general public but it is also very hated for many reasons by the other half of the fanbase and the other half of the general public.

The general consensus of The Last Jedi seems to be that it is very hated by a majority of the Star Wars fanbase but defended rabidly by a minority in the Star Wars fanbase.

With Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom it is more like many in both the fanbase and the general public felt it was a let down rather than it being hated. Or at least that is what I saw in 2018. Granted, some fans liked it, but the overall opinion seems to be more of a let down rather that hate or hatred.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 10:10 am

So far this trilogy is what I wanted out of a second Jurassic Park trilogy though I may be in the minority.

Embryo
Embryo
unaisaurus

PostSubject: Your "perfect ending" is so unbeliveably bad I am more amazed than anything that you actually thought it was unironically a good idea. "Yeah, let's just copy TLW but make it nonsensical, having two unrelated, territorial apex predators form a cute family"   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 1:28 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I am really going to hate if Dominion does not include Buck (the male Rex from TLW) and Doe (the female Rex from TLW). Like seriously, they were THE icons of The Lost World, they are very loved among the fans and I really need at the very least Buck to fight another dinosaur to show his true power (wich we never really saw in TLW, we only saw him push a trailer and chase people around).

It would be a huge let down to at no point in this trilogy show the status of Buck and Doe. We have not seen them since 1997! And all because Universal still believes the myth that nobody cares for TLW when it was actually THE film of 1997 (Titanic became a phenomenon in late December of that year).

Not to mention the perfect ending of the film would be Rexy to join Buck and Doe on Isla Sorna as a small family.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 8:50 pm

unaisaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Wait....I thought you said you were going to "ignore" me ? But ok. And also at first I thought you were bitter because I showed you with evidence that your belief that the Spinosaurus is overwhelmingly loved by the overwhelming majority of the fanbase was wrong but now I see that you are just a bitter prick on other topics as well.

Now I see you are the one who actually did the exact things you wrongfully accused me of on the other thread. You are the one who bases of your scornful opinions based on simply being a mod on 2 or 3 forums (wich most likely only have like a few hundred posters) and you wrongfully have believed that a few hundred opinions represent a fanbase of millions of fans around the world. Wich in turn makes it crystal clear as to why you are so convinced that the Spino is overwhelmingly loved by the overwhelming majority of the fanbase (wich I showed you clear evidence as to why that is just a straight up misinformed and flat out wrong assumption) and that makes it crystal clear as to why you have such laughable beliefs like seriously being convinced that the consensus among the fanbase is that it is now uncool to love T Rexes too much.

In fact you remind me of those rabid The Last Jedi defenders who are seriously convinced that only 2 or 3 crazy fanboys on the internet hate The Last Jedi. Even though it had a historic second week box office drop and the fact that it is by far the lowest scored live action Star Wars film on Rotten Tomatoes.

But anyways... Back to Jurassic. So, if "my" ending is so "unbelieveably bad", then what exactly is the "correct" ending oh great enlightened elitist genius? By the way, Jurassic World had much more nonsensical stuff like the raptors going from bad to good to bad to good again. Or the fact that the Mosasaurus is able to jump out on to Main Street like that (wich is one of the biggest plot holes in the franchise). So what exactly is the "perfect" endng? All T Rexes getting shot? Every dinosaur getting wiped out? And forget the fact that some paleontologists believe T Rexes hunted in packs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know the movie has finished filming but...   I know the movie has finished filming but... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I know the movie has finished filming but...
Page 1 of 1